Preview Next AFC Coach For 2016 & Beyond

Next AFC Coach For 2016 & Beyond

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I queried Kingy on that one asking if the Woosha rumour held more weight than his Tex rumour
He reckoned Port offered Tex a "bomb" and he knocked them back. How good is our Captain :)

How does that fit in with what Port did.

Ryder is rumoured to be on about $600-750k. This pushed Port to 105% of the cap.

Tex is rumoured to be on at least 700k for us. Probably more. Port could afford to offer Tex a "bomb".

King is full of BS.

Interesting to see Woosha at the 2nds games. If you go to the game this weekend, go out to the three-quarter time huddle and listen to the great man speak. This is a bloke that comes across as passionately interested in all things Crows. I believe he will be with us in some capacity next year and hope it is as head coach--no offence to Campo here, but Woosha has the runs on the board.

Kevin Sheedy "worsfold is over the line to coach Essendon"
It has gained a lot of legs has this rumour
I fear it is most likely the case
Wait for Rucci's stories on exploring why Crows are not a destination club whilst Port are
If it is true is more likely to be for family reasons but that won't stop people flinging s**t our way...bottom feeders the lot of them

Ryder is rumoured to be on about $600-750k. This pushed Port to 105% of the cap.

Tex is rumoured to be on at least 700k for us. Probably more. Port could afford to offer Tex a "bomb".

King is full of BS.
Port offered Tex a broken down Torana???

Its just funny that a week ago everyone was of the opinion Woosha had no intention of coaching next year but as soon as he admits on TV he has the fire back and hasn't completely written off a return, every journo seems to have the inside info that he will be Essendon's new coach.

David King is good at analyzing the game for Fox Footy and maybe he should just concentrate on that, as he will soon lose his reputation with false rumors.

It has gained a lot of legs has this rumour
I fear it is most likely the case
Wait for Rucci's stories on exploring why Crows are not a destination club whilst Port are
If it is true is more likely to be for family reasons but that won't stop people flinging s**t our way...bottom feeders the lot of them

Honestly if Worsfold walks out on us to coach Essendon and Danger turns around and leaves it will speak volumes about the current state of this club and be another kick in the guts for the supporters.

I love the club, but the amount of times that the supporters have we've been kicked in the guts over the last few years is really starting to become demoralising.

there's one other reason - maybe we might only want him in a DOC role whereas Essendon might want him in the senior coach role.

like any employment relationship, the needs and wants of both parties need to align.

I wouldn't be surprised if he actually prefers that DOC kind of role, though. Lets him be involved in a meaningful way with a footy club without all the stress that goes with being a senior coach.

But yeah, if I were running the club I would certainly ask if he was interested in either of those roles. Want to be senior coach? Absolutely. Prefer to stay on as DOC for an inexperienced coach (most likely Camporeale)? Absolutely. DOC wouldn't even have to be a full time role. He could live in Perth if he wanted - technology is a wonderful thing. He could do reviews and planning meetings by video conference and just fly over for match day on the weekend if he wanted to work it that way.

I honestly can't imagine why anybody would want to touch the Essendon job with a 10 foot pole at the moment, at least not until WADA are finished with them. There's a real chance you might end up being a senior coach without any players to coach for a year or two. Especially a guy like Worsfold. A young, first time coach? OK, you'll pretty much grab any opportunity that comes along. But I can't imagine somebody like Worsfold, with the luxury to pick and choose, being interested. The fact it's in Melbourne wouldn't be enough, would it? Because that's about all Essendon have got going for them at the moment. If you wanted to live in Melbourne you'd be better off staying at the Crows as DOC (or moving back to Perth) for a year and see what opens up 12 months down the track. There might be a senior coach job available at Collingwood in the not too distant future the rate things are going - then you can coach in Melbourne and not have to put up with all the s**t floating around at Essendon these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kevin Sheedy "worsfold is over the line to coach Essendon"
Can't see how this is possible considering just yesterday he said he would sit down with the AFC after the season and see how our plans align.

Edit: actually all the Essendon mouthpieces seem to be in a frenzy about this desperate to put something out there to deflect from the trainwreck at Windy Hill. Just associating the name Worsfold with Essendon, true or not, does a lot to project some dignity, order and respect where there is none.

King is full of BS.

King is one who has only a/the VicCentric perspective.

Amazing, Turn back 8 weeks and woosha didn't not want a coaching job. Now hes "over the line" to coach the bombers. what a joke.
Why would he want to coach the bombers when he could coach the crows who have a better list and aren't going through a the drug saga.

Honestly if Worsfold walks out on us to coach Essendon and Danger turns around and leaves it will speak volumes about the current state of this club and be another kick in the guts for the supporters.

I love the club, but the amount of times that the supporters have we've been kicked in the guts over the last few years is really starting to become demoralising.

Don't agree

Our club is in a healthy space

My take is Worsfold has sampled the much reduced stress life of a DOC, the lifestyle of Adelaide (not vastly dissimilar to Perth), the well run nature of the AFC, the character and composition of the coaching staff and players, and has decided that football under those conditions is appealing. :) ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if he actually prefers that DOC kind of role, though. Lets him be involved in a meaningful way with a footy club without all the stress that goes with being a senior coach.

But yeah, if I were running the club I would certainly ask if he was interested in either of those roles. Want to be senior coach? Absolutely. Prefer to stay on as DOC for an inexperienced coach (most likely Camporeale)? Absolutely. DOC wouldn't even have to be a full time role. He could live in Perth if he wanted - technology is a wonderful thing. He could do reviews and planning meetings by video conference and just fly over for match day on the weekend if he wanted to work it that way.

I honestly can't imagine why anybody would want to touch the Essendon job with a 10 foot pole at the moment, at least not until WADA are finished with them. There's a real chance you might end up being a senior coach without any players to coach for a year or two. Especially a guy like Worsfold. A young, first time coach? OK, you'll pretty much grab any opportunity that comes along. But I can't imagine somebody like Worsfold, with the luxury to pick and choose, being interested. The fact it's in Melbourne wouldn't be enough, would it? Because that's about all Essendon have got going for them at the moment. If you wanted to live in Melbourne you'd be better off staying at the Crows as DOC (or moving back to Perth) for a year and see what opens up 12 months down the track. There might be a senior coach job available at Collingwood in the not too distant future the rate things are going - then you can coach in Melbourne and not have to put up with all the s**t floating around at Essendon these days.
A DOC role would possibly allow Woosha to have a few days a week back in Perth if his family decided to stay, offer him a bit more freedom

Don't agree

Our club is in a healthy space

The next few weeks will be the true indicator of that of the true state of this club If Danger leaves and Worsfold views Essendon (who are a basketcase) as a more attractive place to coach than the AFC I would question any notion that the club is in a great space.

The next few weeks will be the true indicator of that of the true state of this club If Danger leaves and Worsfold views Essendon (who are a basketcase) as a more attractive place to coach than the AFC I would question any notion that the club is in a great space.

Maybe Melbourne is a more.attractive place to live

If that was the case that's out of the AFC control

FWIW I don't think Woosha will go to Essendon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back