Preview Next AFC Coach For 2016 & Beyond

Next AFC Coach For 2016 & Beyond

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great move by the club. Just what the players need. Stability and a level head in what will be challenging times. Woosha will supply this.
You have my humble support Campo. I don't envy you. Having to focus the players will be a tough ask. You'll be expected to uphold the PW legacy and philosophy.

Huge shoes to fill.

AFC on the front foot. Great appointments and although I loathed Woosha as a player I welcome him as a great coach who would have shared so much with his mate Walsh. Him coming over for a couple days early in the season can't be discounted either.

I didn't give him a bad rap but our midfield setups were terrible under Sando and I think people here blamed that on the midfield coach which is fair enough. I think most on here now would take their words back but that's BigFooty.

Regardless of any of that, what people thought and said, what they didn't think or say, let's just forget it and get around him 100%. Let's support him this season like no other coach has been supported.

Agreed.

Winning is irrelevant for 2015, well for me it is. Seeing the boys heal is more important.

No. There is a whole football dept. cap.
The cap is only what they don't have to pay luxury tax or something on though, they can spend what they want but they have to pay tax on anything over the capped amount, no penalties like players cap, that $ amount cannot be passed.

I didn't give him a bad rap but our midfield setups were terrible under Sando and I think people here blamed that on the midfield coach which is fair enough. I think most on here now would take their words back but that's BigFooty.

Regardless of any of that, what people thought and said, what they didn't think or say, let's just forget it and get around him 100%. Let's support him this season like no other coach has been supported.

I don't give him a bad rap, but saying that - I don't give him a good rap either.

He hasn't been an assistant coach inside a successful club. He has been an assistant at Essendon under Matthew Knights and then with us since 2000. Thats one finals series as an assistant coach.

Good luck to him and I hope is very successful over the next 9 games as that means the team wins and we win. We are then happy.

However if he is appointed next year without producing some outstanding results - it will be a very disheartening off season.

Last edited:
I hope Woosha falls in love with coaching again, aswell as with the playing list and decides to apply for the job next year.

If any club can make him fall in love with coaching again, it's ours.

I don't think we could have done much better than we have at this time. I'm excited to see what the future brings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone confirm for me if there is a salary cap on the coaching panel?

Maybe the AFL could show some compassion in this area if only for the immediate future of our Club.
TBH we probably wouldn't have to pay out the rest of the Phil Walsh contract for this year (we may well do to his family as a gesture, but that could be seen as a charity donation and not really footy department spending). Any pay increase for Campo, and pay for Worsfold probably wouldnt be any more than what Walsh was getting paid.

Classy, classy stuff, Woosha.

Teared up a little at the news as it must have been such a hard decision for him given the circumstances of losing his good mate.

So grateful for him stepping up and helping out, even if it's only for this season. Walshy would be so proud of him.

I don't know if I'm going to be able to get on to watch that. The site will probably crash under the sheer numbers of people trying to do the same. Hopefully, they'll put it on the site later, and I can watch it at my leisure.

Hopefully FSN picks up the feed on channnel 500.

I would like to see Woosha as director of coaching full time. I would prefer we find a new coach for next year with Woosha to guide him.
if he was to continue on it could easily be as head coach with a senior assistant to take the reigns Roos/Goodwin style.

If that were the case that assistant could be appointed for next year or like Goodwin, Woosha get started on a 3-4yr journey and bring in an assistant the next year or 2 whenever works.

Not speculating on what will happen but that'd be a possibility

Woosha, like Roo, is a leader of men.

Can anyone think of two better blokes to pick us up and lead us out of this?

Brilliant by Worsfold and brilliant by the Adelaide Footy Club.

Total genius.

TBH we probably wouldn't have to pay out the rest of the Phil Walsh contract for this year (we may well do to his family as a gesture, but that could be seen as a charity donation and not really footy department spending). Any pay increase for Campo, and pay for Worsfold probably wouldnt be any more than what Walsh was getting paid.

I'm sure the AFL would allow "exceptional circumstances" to come into play if we need to pay over the ceiling this year, provided we are fully transparent and seek their approval. My God - if they pinged us for overspending after such a tragedy, the game is well and truly doomed.

I don't know if I'm going to be able to get on to watch that. The site will probably crash under the sheer numbers of people trying to do the same. Hopefully, they'll put it on the site later, and I can watch it at my leisure.

Try afl.com.au if you have Foxtel, then AFL360 and On The Couch are likely to focus very heavily about what is happening today at the AFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back