Adelaide
467107002-former-afl-coach-john-worsfold-looks-on-gettyimages.jpg

hippyhippy

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
When i first thought about who would take over phils job... the first guy that popped in my head was worstfold. Amazing that it turned out like it did. Such an honorable thing to do. Phils death must have hit him hard. Im hoping he will ensure phils goals will be realised. What a great and honorable thing to do. So much respect for him now.

GFrost

Club Legend
Apr 15, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
That's a fantastic act from Worsfold. Not only would there be the shock and grieving on a personal level but then to have to make a decision to uproot your life to another place, all within 48 hours.

He feels really important, vital really. An experienced, strong guiding hand who knew Walsh so well. The difference around the place for staff and players if he wasn't there would be significant I reckon.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Yeah no idea myself, wasn't really disagreeing with any of what you were saying originally in that it would/wouldn't be possible, more that I thought there was a cap on spending for the staff which I'm now not so sure if I'm right or more of a tax for going over as you suggested.
Some call it a "soft cap", where you can go over the limit, but pay a penalty (50%?) for every dollar over this amount, into an equalisation fund.
It has been called a tax.
It has been called a soft cap.

Dec 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Francisco 49ers
Some call it a "soft cap", where you can go over the limit, but pay a penalty (50%?) for every dollar over this amount, into an equalisation fund.
It has been called a tax.
It has been called a soft cap.

I have no doubt whatsoever that if we are over the cap this year to pay Whoosha the AFL will not ask us to pay the luxury tax.

Great work by the admin team #elite work throughout this tragedy.

Whether Woosha stays on or not, I would seriously consider bringing Neil Craig back next year in some capacity. Many of the current players saw him as a father-figure during his time here and he would have learned a thing or two about working with players under crisis at the Dons. Just so long as he signs a "no bikes clause".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back