Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
Whether Woosha stays on or not, I would seriously consider bringing Neil Craig back next year in some capacity. Many of the current players saw him as a father-figure during his time here and he would have learned a thing or two about working with players under crisis at the Dons. Just so long as he signs a "no bikes clause".
giphy.gif

alex_is_on_fire

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 25, 2010
Meekatharra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors NBA Champions
Whether Woosha stays on or not, I would seriously consider bringing Neil Craig back next year in some capacity. Many of the current players saw him as a father-figure during his time here and he would have learned a thing or two about working with players under crisis at the Dons. Just so long as he signs a "no bikes clause".

Tex doesn't like this.

TexForPM

Premiership Player
May 21, 2015
Zegema Beach
AFL Club
Adelaide
This is the best news I have heard all weekend...

The respect the AFL community has shown and it's amazing how many people Phil touched in the community.

Every time the players finished the game and got around each other, choked me up.
Unbelievably Sh** time and how upset I was puts it into perspective of what the boys must be going through. Many of these guys from interstate and Phil acted as their dad and mentor. Will be amazing if they get up for the game on the weekend. I will be there...

Massive Kudos to Woosha, so much love and support for Phil, I can't believe how many people he coached and worked with...

Good on ya Woosha what a legend

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well I must be moving along the grief pathway - because I got a bit fired up after that. Bring on the game, I am not interested in the score - I am interested in each contest - each opportunity to show what our club is about, for the players to show their respect to Walsh in the best way.

As far as Campo goes - he is the man for the job - no chest beating, no shying away - perfect. Let's see what we are made of, and I mean the real stuff not the footy stuff. Campo looks like he gets it, he bought in 100% and meant it as soon as Walsh stepped through the door - and he wants to build on that not rest on it. Awesome.

The last thing that was a sign for me that I was getting back towards the normal side of the street ... I wanted someone to shove an effing sock in Rooch's gob !!! Bloody question hog.

Oct 15, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Adelaide
Look this a great outcome in the circumstances kudos all round. Big props to woosha

Still, I'm not ready to start thinking the playing of, and winning of, games matters yet
Hey Sanders remember way back in a distant memory when I said I'd tell you when you posted something of substance? Well your last dozen posts have ticked that off and then some. I'm never gonna do anything but smile the next time we have a disagreement on here ... the thin irrelevant stuff just slips away when it matters heh?

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
http://www.afc.com.au/news/2015-07-06/camporeale-to-coach-worsfold-joins-nest

EDIT: Sensible move to have Campo as head coach and extremely pleased to see they've brought Woosha on to help guide the group.

You do realise Worsfold is the current "boss" of the AFL Coaches Association, given that and his past "history" with Phil Walsh I'm thinking he may have felt it was an obligation, would be very, very surprised if his tenure at the club will go any further than this season. Also if you check out Worsfold's business interests he's also seriously involved on that front.

headache1

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Apr 10, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings, Arsenal
Look this a great outcome in the circumstances kudos all round. Big props to woosha

Still, I'm not ready to start thinking the playing of, and winning of, games matters yet

As I said in the 'New Coaches' thread, regardless of coaching nous, I'm just happy that the playing group have a man like Woosha around them. Somebody who can obviously relate to, and understand what they are going through, but also one who is of that older generation. The father figure/mentor type who can help them with more than just their football game.

Mike Smyth

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide

I'm not really fussed about the win/loss situation for the rest of the year.

beartoo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 27, 2004
Moana Heights Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
You do realise Worsfold is the current "boss" of the AFL Coaches Association, given that and his past "history" with Phil Walsh I'm thinking he may have felt it was an obligation, would be very, very surprised if his tenure at the club will go any further than this season. Also if you check out Worsfold's business interests he's also seriously involved on that front.

Worsfold ruled himself out for 2016. Said he will be there for the next ten weeks, but no further. Hope we can change his mind.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I respect Woosha enormously for stepping in but I doubt he will be here long term. Hope im wrong but I can't see it.

However this time last year who saw PW crossing the divide.

Well I must be moving along the grief pathway - because I got a bit fired up after that. Bring on the game, I am not interested in the score - I am interested in each contest - each opportunity to show what our club is about, for the players to show their respect to Walsh in the best way.

As far as Campo goes - he is the man for the job - no chest beating, no shying away - perfect. Let's see what we are made of, and I mean the real stuff not the footy stuff. Campo looks like he gets it, he bought in 100% and meant it as soon as Walsh stepped through the door - and he wants to build on that not rest on it. Awesome.

The last thing that was a sign for me that I was getting back towards the normal side of the street ... I wanted someone to shove an effing sock in Rooch's gob !!! Bloody question hog.

He talks over the top over everyone and asks a question that has already been asked.

Maybe if the moron listened, he would be treated with disdain.

Sloane4pm

All Australian
Apr 3, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
No to Stuart Dew or any other coach we interviewed last time. Obviously they were not as good as Walsh. I'm keen on an experienced assistant like a sumich or Tudor . Otherwise someone who has has their own team like basset

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
No to Stuart Dew or any other coach we interviewed last time. Obviously they were not as good as Walsh. I'm keen on an experienced assistant like a sumich or Tudor . Otherwise someone who has has their own team like basset
Problem is anyone we get probably won't be at that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back