Preview Next AFC Coach For 2016 & Beyond

Next AFC Coach For 2016 & Beyond

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
GIF--Nope-No-way-Nah-no-Adam-DeVine-Workaholics-GIF.gif

NIEL GRAIG!! I think with the current stock at his disposal. His time in with other AFL teams learnt a lot more now.
Players loved him.

You aren't going to say you dislike your boss publicly and no !!!!!!!!!

hows the hubris of Malthouse. Throws us and one of favourite sons under the bus and then thinks we would consider him. Crawl back into your hole you has been.

Roo you need to give Mick a Dean Kemp shirtfront.

i hope we convince woosha to stay as either coach or mentor . if the latter i think bolton would be a good choice .
he's a premiership coach (tassie) coached boxhill , stood in for clarko 5 - 0 . currently is in what most consider the best system in the afl .
I'd be keen on this with a Tudor type or Bolton

Im calling it!!!
Mick Malthouse for 2 years with an understudy, would be a good bet
Should asked him how it went last time with an understudy lel

Don pyke, if hes interested.. would be a left field selection much like phil was. His career was very impressive and has had coaching experience as an assistant and head coach. He also has been a runner and been on the board of directors for wc. Being involved in strategy and game style with wc this year has elevated his name into the spotlight. They are the next best team behind hawthorn and he is a major part in this.

Don pyke, if hes interested.. would be a left field selection much like phil was. His career was very impressive and has had coaching experience as an assistant and head coach. He also has been a runner and been on the board of directors for wc. Being involved in strategy and game style with wc this year has elevated his name into the spotlight. They are the next best team behind hawthorn and he is a major part in this.
Worsfold, Glass, Pyke. Phil had a lot to do with these guys. Hate using past tense here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On radio this morning Roo said they met yesterday just to talk through the process of how to find the next coach. Ditts said you already know how to do that, Roo said no it's a different time and different circumstances

And so we wait

From me, no to any coach that "needs" a mentor, that doesn't mean don't surround the coach we do get with the most experience, and especially no to any sort of 2 years then I'm gone type succession plans, we're not that bad.

We need the best available coach for now, and if they get results, long term. Somebody the players can get behind and follow. I don't think we have a list of players that would be willing to wait around for 2-3 years while a coach learns or whatever else, we have a number of players who we should be getting the best out of over the next few years.

Pyke is the interesting one, the years away from AFL scare me but I do think he was an assistant, at least part time in the WAFL for some of that time?

Was involved at Claremont. Not sure exactly when he was there, but they won the WAFL flag in 2011-12 and were minor premiers by 4 games in 2013 before crashing out of the finals in straight sets.

They missed the finals last year when Pyke was at WCE and are struggling again this year.

I'm not sure. But my Glass is half full.
Usually whoever comes in brings atleast one other coach with them, out of the current assistants i cant see which one would leave unless they get offered a senior pos. campo, teague, milburn, clarke, o'keefe... if pyke was appointed who would he bring? I think glass was going to be involved in the leadership/mentoring programme.

Usually whoever comes in brings atleast one other coach with them, out of the current assistants i cant see which one would leave unless they get offered a senior pos. campo, teague, milburn, clarke, o'keefe... if pyke was appointed who would he bring? I think glass was going to be involved in the leadership/mentoring programme.
You may have answered your question seeing he has worked with Teague before. Other than that I haven't delved into it enough to make one of my outlandish guesses.

I'd say Don Pyke is right in the frame. Coached Roo and has an obvious connection with Worsfold. Lock it in
Pyke with worsfold could work. I also highly doubt carlton would be looking at pyke. id say theyl go with a younger more higher profile coach like dew, lloyd or bolton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back