Preview Next AFC Coach For 2016 & Beyond

Next AFC Coach For 2016 & Beyond

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and how's Eade feeling right now? I reckon he would have been top of the list to come to the Crows in some capacity and now he stuck in the GC.
Blessing in disguise for us. Hope GC keep him so they'll continue to be uncompetitive.

Was interesting to see how those who know Dew's coaching abilities best treated him:

Paul Roos - tried to get him to Melbourne to be his coaching successor.

Longmire/Swans - refused to release Dew from his contract and wanted to keep him

Means little IMO

McKenna and Neeld were appointed with glowing references from Malthouse and both struggled with the senior role

Now wouldn't that be interesting??

Yep will not happen. Mick's just bored and clearly no one's offered him a media gig yet. Which they may never do

Write a book Mick. There'd be plenty of people interested to read it. Time to step back, rehabilitate your reputation after the hammering it's taken lately, then reinvent yourself using the part that wasn't trashed, namely your wealth of insights over many years.

Then someone will find a job for you in AFL. But it won't be at AFC

I could find another use if he was to write a book

Mark Thompson and Tom Harley reckon we should have kept Sando. Guys will always back in their mates and will struggle to see their flaws. Human nature I reckon.
It's not the words, but actions...... Dew's role at the Swans has continued to expand over his career.

He was stoppage coach when they were premiers and they have been perennial contenders since.

I'm not saying he's our guy, but to rule a line through him based on some assumptions is silly.

Im really hopeful that whoever we sign is a coach that believes in the "full court press" defence that we have going.

as i understand it two other teams have employed this strategy - WCE and Bulldogs. Now if we could actually pass the ball to eachother and kick straight at goal, that would make three teams that have over achieved using this model.

It would be unfair to ask the new coach to use phils tactics - and it woudnt work - but if phil foresaw that this press is the future of defence in the AFL then that is more of a philosophy about the game instead of a tactic.

I hope that this is a small part of what the club means when they say they want to continue phils ideas amongst his other ideas of course.

I don't expect our next coach to demand a 2:1 kick ratio or anything as specific as that. Im not too fussed about ground balls either.

But this press is something. Craigy changed the game with his zones and i believe flooding started soon after. This aggressive press is the next 'thing' IMO.

With Walker and Jenkins both being a little more agile then your average big forwards we are well suited to this style already.

It's not the words, but actions...... Dew's role at the Swans has continued to expand over his career.

He was stoppage coach when they were premiers and they have been perennial contenders since.

I'm not saying he's our guy, but to rule a line through him based on some assumptions is silly.
I'm certainly not ruling him out at all, but on the flip side, I'm not going gung-ho on him either just cause Roo wanted him at Melbourne (like my opinion on it will matter in the end!)

Im really hopeful that whoever we sign is a coach that believes in the "full court press" defence that we have going.

as i understand it two other teams have employed this strategy - WCE and Bulldogs. Now if we could actually pass the ball to eachother and kick straight at goal, that would make three teams that have over achieved using this model.

It would be unfair to ask the new coach to use phils tactics - and it woudnt work - but if phil foresaw that this press is the future of defence in the AFL then that is more of a philosophy about the game instead of a tactic.

I hope that this is a small part of what the club means when they say they want to continue phils ideas amongst his other idea of course.

I don't expect our next coach to demand a 2:1 kick ratio or anything as specific as that. Im not too fussed about ground balls either.

But this press is something. Craigy changed the game with his zones and i believe flooding started soon after. This aggressive press is the next 'thing' IMO.

With Walker and Jenkins both being a little more agile then your average big forwards we are well suited to this style already.

Agreed, and I think Don Pyke is one of the biggest proponents of this style of team defense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm certainly not ruling him out at all, but on the flip side, I'm not going gung-ho on him either just cause Roos wanted him at Melbourne (like my opinion on it will matter in the end!)
Roos was big on Ross Lyon and John Longmire too

I'd rather slam my dick in a door than see Malthouse become our new coach. He's seriously lost the plot over the last 12 months, I can't even listen to him on radio anymore.

Are we any chance of snagging Goodwin? The club is in a significantly better place than we were 12 months ago (Roo working wonders, Fagan kicking goals) & the AFC is beginning to feel like a desirable place again. Melbourne also don't seem to be developing as quickly under Roos as a lot of us expected - come home Goody!

I'd rather slam my dick in a door
tumblr_mikfiu2Ylm1qgjeodo1_400.gif

I'd rather slam my dick in a door than see Malthouse become our new coach. He's seriously lost the plot over the last 12 months, I can't even listen to him on radio anymore.

Are we any chance of snagging Goodwin? The club is in a significantly better place than we were 12 months ago (Roo working wonders, Fagan kicking goals) & the AFC is beginning to feel like a desirable place again. Melbourne also don't seem to be developing as quickly under Roos as a lot of us expected - come home Goody!
Only the Roo knows. He knows who his man is it's just a question of getting him .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back