gillo94

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2014
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LA Lakers
who do you predict will be the next Jono Brown, Buddy Franklin or Gary Ablett Snr amongst the young talent in the comp?

Personally I think McCartin will be the cream of the crop, but this group will excite AFL fans for years to come. I think Jeremy Cameron close 2nd

Nice to see Levi Casbault snuck in:D Being a Hawks homer if Casbault is included, what about Gunston? From that bunch I'm going Hogan.

I like Gunston, I personally see him more of a medium size and an argument I have is I rate him like Hawkins, his not the next big thing reason his already big and established, his a gun

So the thread is to see who is the next big elite gun

I like Gunston, I personally see him more of a medium size and an argument I have is I rate him like Hawkins, his not the next big thing reason his already big and established, his a gun

So the thread is to see who is the next big elite gun
Sounds a bit like Cameron as well as I don't see him as a gorilla. These teams need to sort their s**t out before we see any of these players fill their potential.

Cameron if he can be lured to a team with a player he can learn from, eg Hawkins at Geelong, or previously Roo at my Saints. Imagine JC with the tank of Nick Riewoldt, the man would be a nightmare for opposing defenses for the next 10 years.

Personally I think Daniher, McCartin and Hogan are all going to be guns! Plus Cameron is pretty much already there, he just needs the GWS midfield to take the next step.

Cameron if he can be lured to a team with a player he can learn from, eg Hawkins at Geelong, or previously Roo at my Saints. Imagine JC with the tank of Nick Riewoldt, the man would be a nightmare for opposing defenses for the next 10 years.

Jeremy Cameron is the only reason I tune in to watch Giants games. I think McCartin #1 & Cameron very very close 2nd

McCartin I watched a few championship games and his a beast, few years will hold his own and agree very reason I think will be number one is because his learning off Roo

Casboult lol.. Isn't he the same age as Gunston? I think Boyd will be brilliant, takes the footy at its peak and is going to have a footy club centred around him.

Casboult lol.. Isn't he the same age as Gunston? I think Boyd will be brilliant, takes the footy at its peak and is going to have a footy club centred around him.

Some players peak later, Casboult I thought had good year last season and I personally think will continue to improve but just my opinion, I don't have Levi ranked as high as the others

Boyd I think will be good talent, but think will need least 2 seasons to fully adjust to AFL football

(Log in to remove this ad.)

who do you predict will be the next Jono Brown, Buddy Franklin or Gary Ablett Snr amongst the young talent in the comp?

Personally I think McCartin will be the cream of the crop, but this group will excite AFL fans for years to come. I think Jeremy Cameron close 2nd
Sorry, but the mold was broken when Ablett retired. There will never be another one like him. The game has become too homogenized.

Cameron and lynch are the only ones that have shown they can perform at afl level so far so one of those two. Daniher next best. The rest are just pure potential.

I actually think Casboult can be a handy KP forward who can relieve in the ruck. He can clunk a mark. I'd take him at Collingwood. Not sure he'll ever be more than handy though.
Cameron is a standout talent from those with real exposed form. He is going to be offered a hell of a lot of money by a few clubs in the coming months. I hope the Pies are in the running. Cameron at FF and Cloke at CHF is something serious to structure around. As it is he's battling against a young group of team mates with little help up forward. Give him a dangerous second target with an AFL body to work in tandem with and he'd be a sensation.

Cameron is the best player of the lot, but he plays a completely different style... sort of a small forward / tall forward hybrid which is why he's so difficult to match up on.

Of the big hulking power forwards coming through, I think Hogan will be the best, so voted for him.

McCartin and Spencer White combo will be awesome for ten years.

I'm biased, yes, but Tom Lynch is going to be huge. But that doesn't mean that Daniher, Boyd, McCartin or Cameron arent.

McCartin and Spencer White combo will be awesome for ten years.
You're a funny guy.

You also posted:

"You dont pass on a player like Pettracca. We dont really need any more key forwards with White Lee and Bruce looking promising in those areas."

You're a funny guy.

You also posted:

"You dont pass on a player like Pettracca. We dont really need any more key forwards with White Lee and Bruce looking promising in those areas."

Thats right they are looking promising Id suggest that McCartin was also far good to pass up on. I don't shy away from the fact Pettracca is a gun. Should I because we didnt draft him?

Back