• Tom Lynch

Votes: 23 11.9%
  • Jeremy Cameron

Votes: 53 27.5%
  • Cam McCarthy

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Cameron is a standout talent from those with real exposed form. He is going to be offered a hell of a lot of money by a few clubs in the coming months. I hope the Pies are in the running.

He was.
They weren't.

knocked back more lucrative offers to stay true. Who said loyalty in football is dead?

knocked back more lucrative offers to stay true. Who said loyalty in football is dead?

While I think it was good he stayed, there'd probably be a point where you say "yep, 5 mill over 5 year will do me. Why move just for an extra half a mill?"

Pretty expensive loyalty.

Dont rate Daniher he reminds me of a giraffe on roller skates and is too one dimensional. Tabaner showed his potential against the Dees yesterday, he is a big boy and showed he can play.
That's to be expected for young KPP's until they fill out, especially ones that are 200+cm. Daniher takes contested marks, pinch hits in the ruck and has very good mobility for a bloke of his size, not sure how that makes him 'one dimensional'.

FWIW I like Taberner as a 2nd tall forward, however showing potential against a team that finished second last in the NAB challenge isn't really something to rave on about.

That's to be expected for young KPP's until they fill out, especially ones that are 200+cm. Daniher takes contested marks, pinch hits in the ruck and has very good mobility for a bloke of his size, not sure how that makes him 'one dimensional'.

FWIW I like Taberner as a 2nd tall forward, however showing potential against a team that finished second last in the NAB challenge isn't really something to rave on about.
Yes Daniher is good at the things you mentioned but ATM he doesn't add many pressure acts and turn overs in the forward half, not many second and third efforts and obviously being the height he is no good below his knees, he will need to add these things if he is to become a top forward, other wise he can become accountable by being double teamed and allowing easy exit from the forward.

I have Been very critical about Freos KPP and Yes I understand that its only NAB and against Melbourne but there were some positive signs, what have Hogan, McCartain and Boyd done to rave on about?

Yes Daniher is good at the things you mentioned but ATM he doesn't add many pressure acts and turn overs in the forward half, not many second and third efforts and obviously being the height he is no good below his knees, he will need to add these things if he is to become a top forward, other wise he can become accountable by being double teamed and allowing easy exit from the forward.

I have Been very critical about Freos KPP and Yes I understand that its only NAB and against Melbourne but there were some positive signs, what have Hogan, McCartain and Boyd done to rave on about?
I'd put his lack of defensive efforts down to mental lapses, which should be eradicated once he matures. As a KPF he is below average below his knees, however it's not really a major issue.

Taberner played ONE good NAB cup game against a poor team (sorry Melbourne supporters) where he didn't even take the No.1 defender. Hogan kicked 37 goals in 18 VFL games (something like that) in his first season whilst Mccartin and Boyd have both had extremely good junior careers. Of course there is no guarantee that this will translate to AFL level, but I'd back all three in to be considerably better than Taberner.

I'd put his lack of defensive efforts down to mental lapses, which should be eradicated once he matures. As a KPF he is below average below his knees, however it's not really a major issue.

Taberner played ONE good NAB cup game against a poor team (sorry Melbourne supporters) where he didn't even take the No.1 defender. Hogan kicked 37 goals in 18 VFL games (something like that) in his first season whilst Mccartin and Boyd have both had extremely good junior careers. Of course there is no guarantee that this will translate to AFL level, but I'd back all three in to be considerably better than Taberner.
Its really hard to predict KPP as kids as they take longer to develop than other players and some that dominate early might have had the advantage of being a man-child playing against kids, and as you stated there is no guarantee this will translate at AFL level.

IMO draft number and junior career is not the be all and end all for KPP, good example is McGovern he was taken at number 44 in the rookie draft and could end up better than all these guys mentioned, he already has more runs on the board at AFL level he finished 3rd for contested marks per game in 2014.

I tell you what how many key backs are on as much money as Boyd, Cameron, Buddy or Hawkins.
I suspect Taylor is on as much as Hawkins. No one is on Buddy's contract. Boyd & Cameron are paid on potential and in Boyd's case desperation. None of that makes it 1980.

He was.
They weren't.

Supposition that he knocked back more from clubs with a lower salary cap but good on him and GWS for sorting the deal out before the season starts. Good work all round.

If only Casboult could kick the guy would be unstoppable, the funny thing is around the ground he is not a bad kick, put him in front of goal and he turns to water.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cameron is the stand out, but I'm taking Tom Lynch after him. They're the only two to actually show something so far.

Don't really understand why Patton isn't included in this poll. Still very early in his career in terms of the injuries he's had but he has the potential to be the best of the lot and that's where my vote would have gone.

Back