News Bob Murphy named Next WB Captain

Who would you prefer to be the next WB Captain?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If I hear one more bloke say Hrovat will captain out club I may scream

He isn't even best 22 yet so please stop saying it coz it hurts my brain it's stupid

Now I have no issue with Rough being captain WHEN he is clearly best 22. What I'm saying is that a new coach may not have him as best 22 because he is yet to prove he can really play well in a position.

I think Murphy is the obvious short term solution but past that a player will have to tabs up and take the role.

Personally I'd like Libba but I'm not sure he would want it
We all know where you stand on Hrovat. You don't have to bitch and moan because other people rate him.

There's merit to everything else you've said. While I think Roughead is clearly best 22 by virtue of the situation we're in and his versatility, he has rotated through a variety of roles and hasn't quite settled yet - his current stint at full back is the closest he's come to that.

I'm not quite sure about Libba - he's a great club man and a real 'lead by example' sort of player, but he'd hate the media spotlight that is attached to any official role. I think we'd want someone more vocal. If not Roughead, perhaps Wallis, in a year or two.

Libertore.....same thing applies that I said before Griffen this isnt under 12's where you appoint your best player as captain, there are only 4 choices Morris or Murphy if they want a stand in for a year or two, Roughead or Wallis if they want a young leader

We all know where you stand on Hrovat. You don't have to bitch and moan because other people rate him.

There's merit to everything else you've said. While I think Roughead is clearly best 22 by virtue of the situation we're in and his versatility, he has rotated through a variety of roles and hasn't quite settled yet - his current stint at full back is the closest he's come to that.

I'm not quite sure about Libba - he's a great club man and a real 'lead by example' sort of player, but he'd hate the media spotlight that is attached to any official role. I think we'd want someone more vocal. If not Roughead, perhaps Wallis, in a year or two.

Yeah I agree with Libbas personality but I just love the way he plays and I see Bonts or Boyf as captains in the future so maybe the next captain after Murphy or Morris may be very young or someone like Picken for a couple years til those guys reach 23-25 years old.

And the reason I bitch about Hroavt is it's simply moronic to suggest a bloke that has proven nothing is a future captain. Might as well day Zaine Cordy will be coz it's exactly the same.

Big WILL, will stand up for the young blokes, will speak well for the club, will play 22games except for injury, will love being captain. Will make a great leader, just imagine if you will Will on his white horse leading us to victory with strength and will

Big WILL, will stand up for the young blokes, will speak well for the club, will play 22games except for injury, will love being captain. Will make a great leader, just imagine if you will Will on his white horse leading us to victory with strength and will
Will you stop it?

Yeah I agree with Libbas personality but I just love the way he plays and I see Bonts or Boyf as captains in the future so maybe the next captain after Murphy or Morris may be very young or someone like Picken for a couple years til those guys reach 23-25 years old.

And the reason I bitch about Hroavt is it's simply moronic to suggest a bloke that has proven nothing is a future captain. Might as well day Zaine Cordy will be coz it's exactly the same.
Seriously mate you have no leg to stand on making fun of other's suggested captains after the two you suggested.
Libba and Picken!
Wow!

Seriously mate you have no leg to stand on making fun of other's suggested captains after the two you suggested.
Libba and Picken!
Wow!

Read what u wrote

I said if like Libba for the way he plays but don't think he would want it or be right for it.

I also said WE MAY need a stop gap after Murphy or Morris and that maybe someone like Picken due to his age profile will allow Bonts or Boyd or Wallia a little longer to come thru

This issue is caused due to the position of our list
It's not optimal but we may need to approach it that way

And yes I find it very amusing peopl are putting up the name of a very small VFL quality footballer as a future captain

At least Picken gives everything he has every week

Read what u wrote

I said if like Libba for the way he plays but don't think he would want it or be right for it.

I also said WE MAY need a stop gap after Murphy or Morris and that maybe someone like Picken due to his age profile will allow Bonts or Boyd or Wallia a little longer to come thru

This issue is caused due to the position of our list
It's not optimal but we may need to approach it that way

And yes I find it very amusing peopl are putting up the name of a very small VFL quality footballer as a future captain

At least Picken gives everything he has every week
Once again. Wow. :)
Have a good night.

View attachment 89642

I wow you because you wow others. Those in glass houses and all.

Ok then all knowing who should be captain ?

Murphy or Morris?

And then let's put Hrovat who would at best only be a second year best 22 player in as a captain! Yep that's a great idea and brilliant coz we all know he is definitely going to be a very very good footballer.

Maybe Jong as vice in that world also while we are at it

Our next captain an possible 2 captain will be stop gaps and not final solutions and thy was my point mike

As I said WOW

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Murphy or Morris?

And then let's put Hrovat who would at best only be a second year best 22 player in as a captain! Yep that's a great idea and brilliant coz we all know he is definitely going to be a very very good footballer.

Our next captain an possible 2 captain will be stop gaps and not final solutions and thy was my point mike

As I said WOW
Nobody's saying that Hrovat should be captain next year. People are saying Hrovat could be captain in the future, which is not an outlandish claim.

Let's assume that he will be best 22 in the future (I know how you feel about him, but this is a hypothetical, so just let this one go), he's been a captain at the Northern Knights, and he's been reported by a lot of people that he has great leadership skills. So why not have him as captain?

Murphy or Morris?

As I said WOW
Find me one post that seriously stated that Hrovat should or would be our captain next year and I'll answer your question.
You can't because there aren't.
You're jumping at shadows and it got annoying. As was your ridiculing of other's opinions.

Nobody's saying that Hrovat should be captain next year. People are saying Hrovat could be captain in the future, which is not an outlandish claim.

Let's assume that he will be best 22 in the future (I know how you feel about him, but this is a hypothetical, so just let this one go), he's been a captain at the Northern Knights, and he's been reported by a lot of people that he has great leadership skills. So why not have him as captain?

But point is to proclaim anyone that hasn't proved themselves capable of being a long term AFL player is simply stupid

No I know many think he will make it but you must admit the jury is out on him. Being a captain at kids footy doesn't seays relate to seniors and until the kid proves he can actually make it(and not just him anyone) I think it's kind of ludicrous to put their name up

I'm not discounting the idea IF he makes it although I agtuallt will say he is too small to be a captain( but again that's my opinion) and before anyone says it Mitchell was only captain in name at the Hawkd everyone knew Hodge was truly captain

Find me one post that seriously stated that Hrovat should or would be our captain next year and I'll answer your question.
You can't because there aren't.
You're jumping at shadows and it got annoying. As was your ridiculing of other's opinions.

Ridicule?

So I disagree and its ridicule now coz of the way I word it??
I've been ridiculed since the day I got here and have you said a word in defence of me?

Nope and I don't expect not want you too

And look thru this thread, his name comes up constantly so I'm thinking people actually believe this idea or are they liars?

Two way street mike

But point is to proclaim anyone that hasn't proved themselves capable of being a long term AFL player is simply stupid

No I know many think he will make it but you must admit the jury is out on him. Being a captain at kids footy doesn't seays relate to seniors and until the kid proves he can actually make it(and not just him anyone) I think it's kind of ludicrous to put their name up

I'm not discounting the idea IF he makes it although I agtuallt will say he is too small to be a captain( but again that's my opinion) and before anyone says it Mitchell was only captain in name at the Hawkd everyone knew Hodge was truly captain
You literally just posted that Bontempelli and Boyd may eventually just be long term captains.
Are you at all capable of being consistent in your own opinions?

Ridicule?

So I disagree and its ridicule now coz of the way I word it??
I've been ridiculed since the day I got here and have you said a word in defence of me?

Nope and I don't expect not want you too

Two way street mike
Bullshit I haven't! I've given you props on more than one occasion when you've been right.
In this case you were entirely off base.

You literally just posted that Bontempelli and Boyd may eventually just be long term captains.
Are you at all capable of being consistent in your own opinions?
Because Bont and Biyd are pretty much guaranteed to be long term footballers in the AFL

Hrovat is not at all guaranteed that is he???

Pretty simple really isn't it

Bullshit I haven't! I've given you props on more than one occasion when you've been right.
In this case you were entirely off base.
Was I??

Because you disagree I'm off base??

Hrovat is not an AFL footballer and I find it amusing people think he will be simply coz he wears red white and blue

He is not an AFL level player and therefore to suggest he will ever be captain is IMO simply moronic

Time will tell who is right but right now I'm not off base at all visit can't be proven either way yet

And yet you put Boyd's and Bontempelli's names up? How have they, Boyd in particular, proved themselves more than Hrovat? Boyd is not guaranteed to be a long term AFL footballer, and everyone I've spoke to at the club, including a few assistant coaches, the president and players of the ilk of Murphy and Roughead, have said Hrovat is going to be a long term gun player.

All you have is a vendetta against Hrovat, and the only reason I can come up with is that he is "too small". He's shown exquisite skills, the ability to remain calm under pressure, the ability to adapt to play as a forward, and has shown a lot at AFL level.

His debut game was a 19 disposa, 4 mark, 4 tackle effort. He's had a 25 disposal, 8 mark, 4 tackle game. He's had a 30 disposal, 6 mark game. He's had a 27 disposal, 5 mark, 4 tackle game. He's been nominated for the Rising Star. For 2014, he was ranked 2nd amongst the rising stars in handballs per game, supercoach score per game, contested possessions per game, disposals per game. He averaged 17.8 disposals, 3.3 marks, a tick under a goal, and a tick over 3 tackles over 12 games in 2014. All this on top of being injured a fair bit.

What else do you want the guy to do?

Because Bont and Biyd are pretty much guaranteed to be long term footballers in the AFL

Hrovat is not at all guaranteed that is he???

Pretty simple really isn't it
No they aren't. They've played 15 and 9 games respectively. Bonts had an impressive first year and so have many other players (anyone remember Mark Mcgough), and Boyd was okay at best.
You are projecting a likely future based on those games. People are doing the same with Hrovat.
These are just opinions, none are guaranteed.

And yet you put Boyd's and Bontempelli's names up? How have they, Boyd in particular, proved themselves more than Hrovat? Boyd is not guaranteed to be a long term AFL footballer, and from everyone I've spoke to at the club, including a few assistant coaches and players of the ilk of Murphy and Roughead, have said Hrovat is going to be a long term gun player.

All you have is a vendetta against Hrovat, and the only reason I can come up with is that he is "too small". He's shown exquisite skills, the ability to remain calm under pressure, the ability to adapt to play as a forward, and has shown a lot at AFL level.

His debut game was a 19 disposa, 4 mark, 4 tackle effort. He's had a 25 disposal, 8 mark, 4 tackle game. He's had a 30 disposal, 6 mark game. He's had a 27 disposal, 5 mark, 4 tackle game. He's been nominated for the Rising Star. For 2014, he was ranked 2nd amongst the rising stars in handballs per game, supercoach score per game, contested possessions per game, disposals per game. He averaged 17.8 disposals, 3.3 marks, a tick under a goal, and a tick over 3 tackles over 12 games in 2014. All this on top of being injured a fair bit.

What else do you want the guy to do?

Oh god here we go again

I have a vendetta do I??

No I have an opinion that Hrovat won't make it and AGAIN will say I'm happy to be proven wrong but doubt I will be.

And sorry if you are going to attempt to compare Hrovat to Bonts or Boyd(who has a 7 year contract so is therefore guaranteed a few years) then I simply can't continue coz that is ridiculous.

Back