News Bob Murphy named Next WB Captain

Who would you prefer to be the next WB Captain?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Was I??

Because you disagree I'm off base??

Hrovat is not an AFL footballer and I find it amusing people think he will be simply coz he wears red white and blue

He is not an AFL level player and therefore to suggest he will ever be captain is IMO simply moronic

Time will tell who is right but right now I'm not off base at all visit can't be proven either way yet
No you were simply off-base for ridiculing people's opinions on who would be captain when you didn't even characterize them correctly. And also holding similar opinions yourself. It was hippocritical I called you on it. Be a big boy and get over it.
Maybe next time I'll be on your side.

Oh god here we go again

I have a vendetta do I??

No I have an opinion that Hrovat won't make it and AGAIN will say I'm happy to be proven wrong but doubt I will be.

And sorry if you are going to attempt to compare Hrovat to Bonts or Boyd(who has a 7 year contract so is therefore guaranteed a few years) then I simply can't continue coz that is ridiculous.
Please tell me why Hrovat won't make it, apart from the fact that he's small. Because literally every sign shows he will be a long term AFL footballer. And I don't mean figuratively, I mean literally.

Mike's already pointed out about Bonts and Boyd, so I won't go into that, because that argument is easy to twist into either side of the debate and will end up going around in circles. So let's leave that be.

Because Bont and Biyd are pretty much guaranteed to be long term footballers in the AFL

Hrovat is not at all guaranteed that is he???

Pretty simple really isn't it

In your OPINION. I think Hrovat will play 200+ games.

Also, if Boyd and Bonts are pretty much guaranteed, so is Hrovat (Similar number of games, with a massive influence in one or two from Hrovat and Bots each.) You can't have two sets of standards.

No you were simply off-base for ridiculing people's opinions on who would be captain when you didn't even characterize them correctly. And also holding similar opinions yourself. It was hippocritical I called you on it. Be a big boy and get over it.
Maybe next time I'll be on your side.

If you actually read what I wrote I don't even have an opinion of who should be captain coz I hoenstly don't have an answer that makes sense to me.

I said who I would like due to the way he plays but then qualified that by saying he prob wouldn't want it and isn't the right personality.

Then gave a suggestion of Picken to fill a hole we have, I could have said Wood or even Crameri as I was stipulating age group, but you missed that it I didn't put it down correctly for you to interpret

Please tell me why Hrovat won't make it, apart from the fact that he's small. Because literally every sign shows he will be a long term AFL footballer. And I don't mean figuratively, I mean literally.

Mike's already pointed out about Bonts and Boyd, so I won't go into that, because that argument is easy to twist into either side of the debate and will end up going around in circles. So let's leave that be.

Simply my opinion and nothing I have seen has changed it

Sorry id love to see what some do but I simply don't, and I won't change my opinion til I see something that makes me change it.

How many times do i have to say I might be wrong ?

But derailing the thread AGAIN

Agree to disagree and if you blokes are right I've no doubt I will never hear the end of it so it's not all bad is it

How about the dogs have co captains an older experienced player with a young future leader maybe bob murphy and bontempelli macrae or hrovat

Read what u wrote

I said if like Libba for the way he plays but don't think he would want it or be right for it.

I also said WE MAY need a stop gap after Murphy or Morris and that maybe someone like Picken due to his age profile will allow Bonts or Boyd or Wallia a little longer to come thru

This issue is caused due to the position of our list
It's not optimal but we may need to approach it that way

And yes I find it very amusing peopl are putting up the name of a very small VFL quality footballer as a future captain

At least Picken gives everything he has every week

Picken & Liberatore would be the last 2 players who would want to be captain.And we all know what happened to the last player who did not want to be captain, dont we....

Zero chance of either being captain. Picken is a church mouse off the field

Yeah, let's select a guy with leadership qualities, and perhaps a desire to lead, this time.

Yes, if you have to talk a bloke into it then whats the point. I thought Griffen wanted it after taking it on while Boyd was out the year before and actually played well in those games.....but they had to talk him around.

I heard Big Will say that he'd be honored to be the skipper. So that's a good start. Murph is the one for me though with Will his deputy. Provided Murph wants it and I'm pretty sure he would. Dale DVC. Let the kids focus on getting a game, let's not do what Melbourne did to their young blokes a few years ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simply my opinion and nothing I have seen has changed it

How many times do i have to say I might be wrong ?

But derailing the thread AGAIN

Agree to disagree and if you blokes are right I've no doubt I will never hear the end of it so it's not all bad is it

I don't know about derailing but by god you love to hijack a thread. Since you discovered this one you made 15 out of 35 posts and you do this ALL. THE. TIME.

This is supposed to be a shared forum. You don't have to express the same bloody thoughts every single freaking week.

You didn't rate Macca...got it
You don't rate Hrovat - too small - won't make it - got it
Some players in the club didn't like maccas style - yep got it.

Please, please, please try discussing stuff for the next few months without raising any of the three points above. They are written into the forums collective brain. In searing words, etched in stone. Points made, heard, our damn eyes are bleeding....

Please Mattdougie - for the love of prudden, in the grace of bontempelli, let it bloody rest.....

Murphy captain & Minson, Morris, Roughy, Wallis & Hrovat in the leadership group.
Not sure on Hrovat, probably replace him with Boyd, but otherwise spot on.

Dogs holding a presser today with a few players. Bob Wallis Roughie Libba Clay etc. Surely we'll wait til coach appointed before choosing captain?!

Dogs holding a presser today with a few players. Bob Wallis Roughie Libba Clay etc. Surely we'll wait til coach appointed before choosing captain?!
It's likely voted by the players or the coaching staff still there.

Let the players choose their captain.

traditionally, players vote on leadership group and football department appoint captain/s

i like morris in the role, but hard to drive performance and standards from the BP. younger guys like wallis, roughy aren't certain of their spots - and their games are nowhere near complete. captaincy burden will perhaps limit development. these guys are locks for leadership group though.

matty boyd is my guy now. ruthless competitor, a beastly trainer, gut runner on field, calls spades spades, brave.

Back