NFL Div 1 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

"If Macleod can control their handball, we will win our fair share of games against quality opposition. " (from Underbelly)
That is an understatement. Overused and in the wrong circumstances..Cringeworthy too...Why don't they just kick the damned ball when they can (and downfield, not across) and only handpass when necessary (call me a woman if you want, but the overuse of the handball ain't gonna get 'em into the finals)..That's my only opinion for the year...(I hope!).

To be fair, I can see what they are trying to do with the game plan, however, we counted 10 goals to Mont in turnovers from overuse and it frustrated me to say the least.

Just had a look at NFL website. Gotta be happy with video of games boys. Get-em on ya websites and figure-out how to include sponsors. Well done NFL. Great initiative.

Just had a look at NFL website. Gotta be happy with video of games boys. Get-em on ya websites and figure-out how to include sponsors. Well done NFL. Great initiative.

Absolutely quality initiative....started watching the Epping vs Thomastown game, unfortunately the cameraman appears to not have opposable thumbs.

BTW if anyone wants to know how to download the files to their computer...

1) Use/download Mozilla Firefox
2) Download/install Download Helper add-on
3) Open the game you want in the browser
4) Up next to the address bar (on my computer anyway) is the logo of the add-on (blue, red and yellow coloured), it will be in black and white when nothing is downloadable, and will then light up when something can be downloaded (streaming video...youtube, etc). Once this lights up, click on the little arrow and select the mp4 file. Once you select where to save it etc, it should download in the background.

I'm using a Mac, so it may be a little different on a PC however.

I've scanned all the available games so far...

Good
Macleod v Mont - commentary as well
Northcote Park v Whit

Watchable
Eltham v Heid - why wouldn't they film it from the top of the hill?
Lower v Boro - Filming it the wrong side of the ground
Diamo v Hursty - Tad low, scoreboard should have been used
SMFC v Fitzroy - Tough ground to film, should have used the scoreboard

Poor
Epping v Thommo - camerawork is ridiculous

Rubbish
NHFC v Lalor - by some guy on his phone?

Not up yet
Bundoora v WPL

Good
Northcote Park v Whit

Watchable

Poor

Rubbish

Not up yet
Bundoora v WPL

At lower v greensy the sun would have been straight in the cameras lense if he was on the other side so thats why he was filming there..

At lower v greensy the sun would have been straight in the cameras lense if he was on the other side so thats why he was filming there..

hmm, that would be the same at Panther Park though.

Good
Northcote Park v Whit

Watchable

Poor

Rubbish

Not up yet
Bundoora v WPL

Gotta say that Speilberg does a great job videoing the Macleod games....as for the commentry....ahm.......maybe we should add some humour to keep people interested

This is awesome now everyone can watch the disgraceful acts by the two West Preston players in the off the ball incidents where two players that were struck will both miss at least two games through injury while the hero's play on. And I'm sorry but did I see two West players run off the bench and join the fracas. Hmmm I'm surprised the bundoora captain didn't call for a count, what's that, he did call for a count. And the ump told him to P!5S Off. Lucky we have the video and the league officials can look into it.

Ha ha Call them the mirrors, they are going to look into it, bah humbug.:confused:

This is awesome now everyone can watch the disgraceful acts by the two West Preston players in the off the ball incidents where two players that were struck will both miss at least two games through injury while the hero's play on. And I'm sorry but did I see two West players run off the bench and join the fracas. Hmmm I'm surprised the bundoora captain didn't call for a count, what's that, he did call for a count. And the ump told him to P!5S Off. Lucky we have the video and the league officials can look into it.

Ha ha Call them the mirrors, they are going to look into it, bah humbug.:confused:

Its funny you say that, I was watching Northcote Park vs Whittlesea and I found something quite intriguing.

http://vzaar.com/videos/965491

This video is the 4th qtr, at the very first bounce, a N/P player roves the tap and takes the ball away. If you watch #41 from Whittlesea on the left, in my opinion, he makes a blatant attempt at tripping the N/P player. It happens at about 30 seconds in.

Now obviously these videos shouldn't be used negatively and I am very impressed with not only the idea but the quality of some of the footage (some, not all :D). I think it's a great initiative and I've certainly enjoyed watching some of the games.

I also think that umpires should use this as a way to review performances.

But in terms of seeing reportable offences that otherwise may not have been caught, I think it is a great source of evidence.

Of course Bundoora has been sqeaky clean over the years, can't see the forest for the trees, actually i thought there were a few unwritten rules on here, amazing.

Just watched it and your right is disgraceful. If the NFL do not act on what is plainly visible then they need to be held accountable, I saw a lot more that I reckon could get weeks. are you saying they have not reported the bloke that hit #5....looks pretty damning on the video.

Any idea how it started? What was the score at the time, looking the score they had to be 6-8 goals down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Late news.:eek:

Three additional reports from West v Bundy.

Bromley four weeks

You can live in the past Shanks, but people have lives and jobs and don't expect to be belted while playing footy.;)

Of course Bundoora has been sqeaky clean over the years, can't see the forest for the trees, actually i thought there were a few unwritten rules on here, amazing.

So Bundoora past justifies a (alleged) headbut and right hook? Pfft

And what unwritten rules are supposed to be here? Looking at the footage I would say the what ever has been posted is justified.

Late news.:eek:

Three additional reports from West v Bundy.

Bromley four weeks

You can live in the past Shanks, but people have lives and jobs and don't expect to be belted while playing footy.;)

I would have thought so, interesting update, cheers.

With all due respect, no one is contacted, no one is hurt no further need be said. Perhaps you looked at too many videos?
Its funny you say that, I was watching Northcote Park vs Whittlesea and I found something quite intriguing.

http://vzaar.com/videos/965491

This video is the 4th qtr, at the very first bounce, a N/P player roves the tap and takes the ball away. If you watch #41 from Whittlesea on the left, in my opinion, he makes a blatant attempt at tripping the N/P player. It happens at about 30 seconds in.

Now obviously these videos shouldn't be used negatively and I am very impressed with not only the idea but the quality of some of the footage (some, not all :D). I think it's a great initiative and I've certainly enjoyed watching some of the games.

I also think that umpires should use this as a way to review performances.

But in terms of seeing reportable offences that otherwise may not have been caught, I think it is a great source of evidence.

With all due respect, no one is contacted, no one is hurt no further need be said. Perhaps you looked at too many videos?

You suit your name. Attempted trip/strike is still a reportable offence. Whilst it is great that he didn't get him and hurt him, it was lucky he didn't. I'v seen guys get their legs broken due to dogs tripping a bloke.

The purpose of giving a bloke weeks for attempted strike/trip is to stop him from doing it again in the future, and getting the guy.

I hate that football (mainly AFL) is getting softer, but a dogs act is still a dogs act. If you want to belt a bloke or kick him, do it when he is looking you in the eye, and se what reaction you get. Otherwise you're nothing short of a pu$$ y.

As mentioned above -

attempting to trip another person whether by hand, arm, foot or leg;
It is a reportable offense. So it doesn't matter if the bloke made contact or not. And no, I didn't watch 'too many videos', in fact I only clicked on the 4th qtr to see what the standard of lights are.
But thanks for your concerns 'Half Whit' ;) :thumbsu:

Seems the WPL v Bulls video has been taken off the NFL website

Probably because it was getting more hits than a Paris Hilton home video.
Three players fronted last night with a Bundoora player (Dennis) cleared and a West player cleared. The other West player got four for striking.
The two players who ran onto the field of play during the incident have also been reported.

Well done to the league for taking a stand and I humbly apoligise for my earlier sh!^ hanging.:(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back