NFL Div 1 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Ummm West, I have heard players not paid toward the end and not happy so if it is so then that would justify some walkouts but please don't tell me the debt rumours are true, who else can I love to hate?

Speaking of not getting paid, Mont now using KP's walkout as an excuse not to pay, Hmm what came first the chicken or the not getting paid?

Speaking of not getting paid, Mont now using KP's walkout as an excuse not to pay, Hmm what came first the chicken or the not getting paid?
Love it! Again, I assume the truth to be a little less sinister but paying the equal of a small African nations debt when the bloke turns his back on the club would have to be a difficult one to swallow. Whilst we all hold clubs to their word and committment to payments, its sometimes sorely tested by a corresponding lack of integrity from some players.

... As for FattySlim and his assessment of Heidelberg, although we hear that the "Bergers are going to struggle next season" every year, the long list of aging stars MUST come to an end sooner or later, surely? It makes me appreciate how good they have been at remaining so highly competitive. Maybe they just have the luck of the Irish?

Nondum Erit Finis

A fair few people would agree with you Phoenix, but what would you expect from montmorency... Promise the world and deliver an atlas!!

Bullshit. I have heard from multiple monty people he has been paid in full. Also he is contracted for another year so unless yarrawonga work out a deal with mont I suspect he will not be playing footy next year

Bullshit. I have heard from multiple monty people he has been paid in full. Also he is contracted for another year so unless yarrawonga work out a deal with mont I suspect he will not be playing footy next year

Dunno how well that 'contract' will stand up mate. They never have in the past.

I have heard it straight from the horses mouth..... KP has not been paid for the final 6 games of 2012 and this is the reason he decided to leave, only once he told the club he was leaving then did they come forward and give the old "we were going to pay you but not now that your leaving" old trick. Let's just hope that other players don't get sucked in to empty promises. We love you KP and good luck at the pigeons!

Maybe Mont just paid the value they got from him during the year? Having watched him in a lot of Richmond games, wasnt much chop..... Didnt he get suspended a couple of times during the year?

Maybe Mont just paid the value they got from him during the year? Having watched him in a lot of Richmond games, wasnt much chop..... Didnt he get suspended a couple of times during the year?
Bit stiff judging him on the value they got for him during the year. You obviously get paid an amount for what it says on your contract per game or per win/loss.

I know some clubs are basing their player payments on recent form rather than ability, therefore some players are being told to take cuts. In my opinion players should be paid on ability, but halving blokes pay based on them having a not up to standard previous year is a bit harsh and entices some players to leave.

Nah I reckon they got value he did get suspended a couple of times but he did kick 51 goals in 15 matches and Mont had him in the best 4 times so he must have done something right and you need to cut him some slack he did get a lot of attention from rival clubs due to his AFL experience.

I have heard it straight from the horses mouth..... KP has not been paid for the final 6 games of 2012 and this is the reason he decided to leave, only once he told the club he was leaving then did they come forward and give the old "we were going to pay you but not now that your leaving" old trick. Let's just hope that other players don't get sucked in to empty promises. We love you KP and good luck at the pigeons!
Is it normal for players not to get paid because they want to move on? Has this happened to any other player from another club the word at training is that Eltham have done the same thing to Chris Varsamarkis? if so this is not good enough it wouldn't happen at Lower Plenty.

Nah I reckon they got value he did get suspended a couple of times but he did kick 51 goals in 15 matches and Mont had him in the best 4 times so he must have done something right and you need to cut him some slack he did get a lot of attention from rival clubs due to his AFL experience.

Here we go again! Another amazing outburst of illogical tripe from a Mont supporter (I assume you are Mont and no disrespect to the club) The bloke got suspended at crucial times, carried on like a lunatic at the club to appeal the tribunal decisions and by the admissions of other (more balanced) views of Mont supporters, he showed little interest for the team and was very happy with his own company. If you think he should be "cut some slack" for being an ex AFL player, then tell that to Cameron Cloke, Pebbles, Justin Murphy etc etc etc. Its part of the deal. You get paid well, you perform well. They got himk to win games, win finals and win GF's. He knew that and they knew that. Value for money? Please!!!! Its called pofessionalism but it seems to be sorely lacking when it comes to this individual. I truly hope Mont do part ways with this guy becoase his 5th club in 5 years is queuing up to pay him and allow him to continue to live in the bubble he has been in for years. God help this bloke when he runs out of suckers to dupe!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here we go again! Another amazing outburst of illogical tripe from a Mont supporter (I assume you are Mont and no disrespect to the club) The bloke got suspended at crucial times, carried on like a lunatic at the club to appeal the tribunal decisions and by the admissions of other (more balanced) views of Mont supporters, he showed little interest for the team and was very happy with his own company. If you think he should be "cut some slack" for being an ex AFL player, then tell that to Cameron Cloke, Pebbles, Justin Murphy etc etc etc. Its part of the deal. You get paid well, you perform well. They got himk to win games, win finals and win GF's. He knew that and they knew that. Value for money? Please!!!! Its called pofessionalism but it seems to be sorely lacking when it comes to this individual. I truly hope Mont do part ways with this guy becoase his 5th club in 5 years is queuing up to pay him and allow him to continue to live in the bubble he has been in for years. God help this bloke when he runs out of suckers to dupe!
C'mon mate he has finished in the top 4 goal kickers in the comp and he has missed a number of games! if he came to your club and said I will kick over 50 goals I reckon you would be happy with that! He has been beaten by 3 quality players and look at the quality below him! Nolan, Pappas, Fitzgerald and Barden.

C'mon mate he has finished in the top 4 goal kickers in the comp and he has missed a number of games! if he came to your club and said I will kick over 50 goals I reckon you would be happy with that! He has been beaten by 3 quality players and look at the quality below him! Nolan, Pappas, Fitzgerald and Barden.

Please....Nolan missed half the season. Would have kicked close to 100 if not for that postage stamp on Para rd. The bloke's a champion, 10 years at one club, 5 Premierships. Mont can only dream of having a Dale Nolan in their side.

Please....Nolan missed half the season. Would have kicked close to 100 if not for that postage stamp on Para rd. The bloke's a champion, 10 years at one club, 5 Premierships. Mont can only dream of having a Dale Nolan in their side.
Agree 100% Nolan is a legend of the comp not just at Heidelberg! Mont need to dream a little smaller before they start dreaming of 5 premierships :(

Could any Northcote Park people confirm the following (apologies if this has already been posted).
Has Chippa and Campbell signed for 2013? And you're also in talk with some of Eltham's other 'reasonable' players?

Mate dont get suckered with blind loyalty. The point is, your bloke has re written the ceiling limit for salary in the NFL and has shown NO regard for the club. Blokes like Barden, Nolan and even young Fitzgerald are forever linked to the clubs they play with and people love them for it. No disrespect mate, but your man is a fraud selling snake oil and Mont got seduced by it. Again, they are far better off without him. And while we are at it, NO he wouldnt get a look in at other clubs who closley monitor the NDH policy. Its just not worth it.

Brayden, Dylan.
Other players, I am hasten to mention, hence the question.

Not that I have anything to do with the recruiting down there, but ive never even heard there names being thrown around, whereabouts did they play? I'm assuming they must be decent players if you are asking about them.

Few players leaving Eltham? Anyone confirm this....Folino, Bren Ryan, Jessop, Courtot, Morgan, Varsamakis and Perry?

Few players leaving Eltham? Anyone confirm this....Folino, Bren Ryan, Jessop, Courtot, Morgan, Varsamakis and Perry?

Folino - Didn't fit in
Ryan - Has gone to another club to play with close friends in his finals seasons
Jessop - Hasn't signed yet but close to
Courtot - Living in Darwin, Had back complications all last year
Morgan - Same deal as Ryan
Vars - Signed at bundoora
Perry - still in negotiations, close to signing
Campbell - Close ties to the senior coach and won't leave, still eligable for under 19s.
Tags - Also close to signing and has been down a preseason

Also have had some good signings from the bush, plus possibly a few local lads ;)

Folino - Didn't fit in
Ryan - Has gone to another club to play with close friends in his finals seasons
Jessop - Hasn't signed yet but close to
Courtot - Living in Darwin, Had back complications all last year
Morgan - Same deal as Ryan
Vars - Signed at bundoora
Perry - still in negotiations, close to signing
Campbell - Close ties to the senior coach and won't leave, still eligable for under 19s.
Tags - Also close to signing and has been down a preseason

Also have had some good signings from the bush, plus possibly a few local lads ;)

Jessop - Ivanhoe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back