NFL Div 1 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Huge grab by Pettifer aka The P Plane. Legend

Still sleeps with the light on could not get further away from the pill last night.Very impressd with the ball movement of the panthers and will worry Mont on their home ground even more.They will push most sides this year but may be a few talls short come the pointy end of the year.All credited to Eltham and what they are doing in building a solid group of youngsters who have bulked up from recent years and starting to gel together.

It was a cracking afternoon at Para Rd. Monty were unprepared for what happened (not just on field, twice they ran out of beer and by the end of night most alcohol (I believe by 1030 I was on some fizzy vodka thing), and they ran out of food by half time and ordered pizzas and sold them by the slice) Despite this they do put on a cracking night, helped by weather and huge crowds.

Most match reports above are pretty spot on.

Mont are a very well run club striving for success and provide their members with the best opportunities available... They have a good junior program and recruit well during off season.... Whats your point above, should they recruit less to win the flag...? Div 2 & 3 sides should be having a look at their club structure as a guide for club improvement... Not sure what your getting at above, was a great game and you shouldn't be taking anything away from eltham who were very solid... Maybe a little tall poppy above, personally I don't buy into that type of bullshit...

I agree with this, every year people get on here and have a crack at Clubs trying to do the best, I have no idea the reason behind it. The Scoreboard is unreal, if someone told me 5 years ago in the NFL we would have a coloured scoreboard like that I would have laughed.

The mark was taken by Petifer and was without doubt the best grab i've seen in local footy ever (...fine print...... Under lights!). He could of, should of but didn't win the game for Mont.

Absolute ripper, should be up on the NFL website. This one will be sent to the footy show of they captured it right.

NFL div 1 is unbelievably even.

Very true, after hearing other results this is going to be a cracking year.

Poor old Mont. Star studded lineup, huge player payment bill, big fancy scoreboard,fancy lights,massive head wobbles and come the pointy end they still might miss out! Then all they'll be left with is a massive scoreboard, fancy lights and no money to pay the power bills let alone match payments!

Turn-it-up. Bit of a long bow to draw. It's only round 2.

I'll have to check out Petifers mark. Sounds like a good one.

I was at the Greensborough vs. Northcote Park match yesterday. Mills took a HUGE hanger in the goalsquare for Northcote Park in the 3rd quarter, and then one of the greatest last quarters of footy you'll ever watch. Aron Burns kicked a ripping goal from the boundary in the last quarter to level the game for Boro, before McLellan kicked a behind to get Boro up by 1 and win. (The second behind was kicked after the siren, hence Boro's 2pt win.)

Money can't buy desire to win, just goes to show that if you have a team of blokes wanting to strive for success, rather then going out there to collecting their payslips. The worthy winner will always prevail.

They Say - Eltham are doing all they can to see night footy become a regular by switching their upcoming Northcote Park game from day to night
They Say - Heidelberg have already started calling all AFL veterans and rookie listed players for season 2013
They Say - Lower have employed a pastry cheif to serve us all a little humble pie
They Say - Greensboroughs Burns may have kicked goal of the year to win the match more or less
They Say - Pettifer may have taken an equally good mark under lights, not quite the same result with the scoreboard though
They Say - The NFL have sent the footage into the footy show and are in the que for the prize pool... Who does own the footage nowa days...?
They Say - That this could be the best season of footy seen for a very long time.

They Say - Eltham are doing all they can to see night footy become a regular by switching their upcoming Northcote Park game from day to night
They Say - Heidelberg have already started calling all AFL veterans and rookie listed players for season 2013
They Say - Lower have employed a pastry cheif to serve us all a little humble pie
They Say - Greensboroughs Burns may have kicked goal of the year to win the match more or less
They Say - Pettifer may have taken an equally good mark under lights, not quite the same result with the scoreboard though
They Say - The NFL have sent the footage into the footy show and are in the que for the prize pool... Who does own the footage nowa days...?
They Say - That this could be the best season of footy seen for a very long time.
No need to serve the humble pie as yet! Reality is that we have had our chances in the first 2 games and could quite as well been 2 zip instead of zip 2. But that is the difference between div 1 and div 2. If you don't take the opportunities when they arise, then you'll spend the rest of the game and perhaps the season in what if mode! Was good for the Reserves and Cubs to get on the board!

The Eltham vs Northcote Park game on May 5th is back to normal times

Mont are a very well run club striving for success and provide their members with the best opportunities available... They have a good junior program and recruit well during off season.... Whats your point above, should they recruit less to win the flag...? Div 2 & 3 sides should be having a look at their club structure as a guide for club improvement... Not sure what your getting at above, was a great game and you shouldn't be taking anything away from eltham who were very solid... Maybe a little tall poppy above, personally I don't buy into that type of bullshit...

Tall poppy syndrome?LOL! You have to be successful before you suffer from that!

Busy week at the tribunal.......wonder if the videos will appear of the NFL are magically going leave off ones that may or may not have incidents. (like the disappearance of the Rd 1 Bulls v WPL)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats going on with whittlesea?

Easily accounted for eltham to finish off the season last year and now look to have gone backwards.

In the reserves i noticed they fielded a side of 18 in round 1 and then lost by 20 goals to Bundoora (who lost the majority of their 2's to south morang), troubling signs

If Whittlesea get injuries are they cooked? On current form you would have to say Lower plenty would fancy themselves against the eagles, especially at para road.

Saw a name for West Preston Dan Bisetto from Coburg, key position backman and kept Cloke to 3 in round 1 (despite a flogging). 21 yr old good body. Left the tigers this season and has injected some skill and experiance to Wests already impressive line up.
Cotchett and Bards proving to be a handful, despite round 1 they have a relatively new side and will be a corker of a game this week.

link still works.

What link? Only the 1st and 2nd Quarter is on their website, 3rd and 4th were on it but were taken down I suspect due to the investigation. I doubt it will reappear.

On another note, I can watch that last 1/4 of the Mont v Eltham game a few more times. That mark was excellent and the game was as well.

Saw a name for West Preston Dan Bisetto from Coburg, key position backman and kept Cloke to 3 in round 1 (despite a flogging). 21 yr old good body. Left the tigers this season and has injected some skill and experiance to Wests already impressive line up.
Cotchett and Bards proving to be a handful, despite round 1 they have a relatively new side and will be a corker of a game this week.

If you think Cloke having 14 marks, 20 pos and kicking 3 goals on him is a good effort its gonna be a long year for that player. Cloke is by far and away the best player in the comp anf if anyone sais otherwise they are kidding themselves! Bulls looked very impressive and looks like they have improved on last year!

Whats going on with whittlesea?

Easily accounted for eltham to finish off the season last year and now look to have gone backwards.

In the reserves i noticed they fielded a side of 18 in round 1 and then lost by 20 goals to Bundoora (who lost the majority of their 2's to south morang), troubling signs

If Whittlesea get injuries are they cooked? On current form you would have to say Lower plenty would fancy themselves against the eagles, especially at para road.
Not looking good. Surely lower who have been very impressive against boro and bergers would beat them.

What link? Only the 1st and 2nd Quarter is on their website, 3rd and 4th were on it but were taken down I suspect due to the investigation. I doubt it will reappear.

On another note, I can watch that last 1/4 of the Mont v Eltham game a few more times. That mark was excellent and the game was as well.

http://vzaar.com/videos/966156

enjoy. 18min in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back