Debutant
Dec 23, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Lower just over Parkers
Macleod too good for an improved Eltham
West to beat Mont by around 24 points
Heidelberg in a tight one over Boro in what should be a ripper game
North to stay with Bundoora for a half but The Bulls should run away with it in the second half

Chet_Wynd

Team Captain
Apr 29, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Another difficult round of matches, which is good for the paying customer.

Northcote Park vs Lower Plenty. From memory the Bears struggle at the Cougar lair so going for a minor upset here.
Eltham vs Macleod. The Kangas are playing great and if they don't have a let down from last week's emotional win should be able to handle the Panthers.
Montmorency vs West Preston. The Roosters were very impressive last week while the Maggies were well ..., but at home going for a super upset.
Heidelberg vs Greensborough. The Tigers dropped a gam they had penciled while the Boro are playing well. At home the Tigers are hard to beat but think the Burra can do it this week.
Bundoora vs North Heidelberg. On paper the easiest game to select, but the Doggies have always lifted for their clashes with the Bulls, but form says the home side easily.

bearfan

Senior List
May 15, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
NP - Return of Davies and a couple of outs for Lower and the fact they havent won at NP for years
Mcleod - Eltham most improved side in Div 1 but wont trouble Macleod
WPL - Big win last week
Borough - More outs for Bergs will hurt them
Bundoora - the longer the year goes unfortunately the worse NH will get

Aug 24, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
Should be a great round of footy and very tough to tip with a few games that can go either way, considering we always have at least one draw this could be the round that produces it. Now that winter has come early and the chill is in the air I hope everyone remembers their stubby holder.

Northcote Park
v Lower Plenty. Toss of the coin here. Sticking with the home side just.
Eltham v Macleod. Macleod are flying at the moment and hard not to tip them. Panther will be happy to be back at home and will make this another close one.
Montmorency v West Preston Lakeside. Mont are rebuilding but at home are hard to beat, The Chooks are up and about after last week and will make this another close game and win by a few kicks.
Heidelberg vs Greensborough. Love a GF rematch. I hate tipping against the Tigers at home but the Slime have some nice ins and will repeat last years decider.
Bundoora vs North Heidelberg. Bulls need to kick start their season and need to win this and win it well. Bullies will not give up but will lack enough to not let it happen.

Aug 24, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
Round 5.jpg

bearfan

Senior List
May 15, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
WPL - Hard game. Both teams coming off great wins. Home ground only reason
Macleod - Despite Lower playing their home ground well, too many outs to trouble Macleod
NP - Impressive last week.
Borough - Too good at home
Bergs - Too good for Mont

cloudstreet

Debutant
Dec 23, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Need five out of five this week to get off the bottom so here they are-
Eltham
Macleod
Parkers
Boro
Heidelberg

Aug 24, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
West Preston Lakeside v Eltham - Probably going to be as close as last years fixture but for my health I hope not. Both sides playing well. Should be a cracker. Panther by a kick or two.
Lower Plenty v Macleod - Not sure where the Bears are at the moment. Whilst they have won a few their losses have been hard ones. Macleod will be fired up after a loss last week and snatch a late win here.
North Heidelberg v Northcote Park - Cougers. Doggies to again show a 1/4 of fight but then be ran over.
Heidelberg v Montmorency - Tigers will be keen to not only get back on the winners list but would love to inflict some more pain on the Maggies who are in a rebuilding phase.
Bundoora v Greensborough - Slime are flying and will not take the Bulls lightly at Yulong however will be too strong and win here.

Chet_Wynd

Team Captain
Apr 29, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
A couple of predicted upsets didn't come thru last week so probably should play it safe this week:

West Preston vs Eltham. Both teams had impressive wins last week and it really is a toss of the coin: Heads = Roosters, Tails = Panthers
Lower Plenty vs Macleod. The Bears play their small ground well but expect the Kangas to play tight and get the points.
North Heidelberg vs Northcote Park. Could be another big win for the Cougars this week with the Doggies in their sights.
Heidelberg vs Montmorency. The Tigers should rebound nicely with a big win here over the Maggies.
Bundoora vs Greensboorugh. The Burra are playing great football at the moment and should solidly account for the Bulls.

Aug 24, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
No one took the Maggies to beat the Tigers and only a few tipped the Panther.

Still a long way to go. Happy to be on top at the moment though.

Round 6 Ladder.jpg

Aug 24, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
Some crackers here. I reckon four games that look to be less than a few kicks in it. Hope the weather clears for a great weekend of local footy.

Macleod
v Northcote Park - Both chasing top spot and will hate to drop one. I reckon this will be as close a game as we will see.
Eltham v Bundoora - If you look at the Bulls season you will see they have been very close in a few of their losses that instead of being 2 and 4 could have been 4 and 2. Panthers will want to be weary going into this as their form has been exemplary but they do not want to drop one they are expected to win.
Lower Plenty v Heidelberg - Bears dropped the last 2 by over 100 points combined. I cannot remember the last time the Tigers lost 4 in a row. This should be a good scrap on the postage stamp.
North Heidelberg v West Preston Lakeside - Chooks will be too strong here however Doggies will not give up without a fight.
Greensborough v Montmorency - Great rivalry game, Mont shocked a few people last week, Slime will be keen to put them back a peg or two.

bearfan

Senior List
May 15, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Macleod - Building nicely and starting to get some players back. Comfortably at home
Eltham - The big improver of 2015.
Heidelberg - Bergs will be desperate to get their season back on track
WPL - North will probably win one this year but not this week
Boro - Despite Mont's great win last week they wont beat Boro at their ground

tigerkelly

Team Captain
Jun 12, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Some crackers here. I reckon four games that look to be less than a few kicks in it. Hope the weather clears for a great weekend of local footy.

Macleod
v Northcote Park - Both chasing top spot and will hate to drop one. I reckon this will be as close a game as we will see.
Eltham v Bundoora - If you look at the Bulls season you will see they have been very close in a few of their losses that instead of being 2 and 4 could have been 4 and 2. Panthers will want to be weary going into this as their form has been exemplary but they do not want to drop one they are expected to win.
Lower Plenty v Heidelberg - Bears dropped the last 2 by over 100 points combined. I cannot remember the last time the Tigers lost 4 in a row. This should be a good scrap on the postage stamp.
North Heidelberg v West Preston Lakeside - Chooks will be too strong here however Doggies will not give up without a fight.
Greensborough v Montmorency - Great rivalry game, Mont shocked a few people last week, Slime will be keen to put them back a peg or two.
I think you mean that the panthers should be wary. Better get off the cans Denny and concentrate on the keyboard.

Chet_Wynd

Team Captain
Apr 29, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Macleod vs Northcote Park. Two teams paying well at the moment with the Kangas to score a solid win over the Cougars.
Eltham vs Bundoora. The Panthers are on a roll and will enjoy taking another game from the Bulls.
Lower Plenty vs Heidelberg. Both teams have been a tad disappointing recently, with the Bears hoping to use their home ground advantage to tame the Tigers.
North Heidelberg vs West Preston. Could be a trip up game for the Roosters as the Doggies look to get their first points.
Greensborough vs Montmorency. A great local rivalry with the Burra to account for the Magpies who will be on ahigh after last week's win.

Back