NFL Div 1 - Tipping Competition

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 14.

Northcote Park vs North Heidelberg. Expecting the Cougars to have a big here over the Doggies whose stay in Div.1 is unfortunately coming to an end.
Eltham vs Greensborough. At home the Panthers will make it tough for the 'Burra but in the end the visitors get the points.
West Preston vs Macleod. The Roosters play their ground well and will challenge the Kangas for the majority of the game but will come up short.
Montmorency vs Lower Plenty. A must win for the Bears if they want to figure in the finals action and will receive some resistance from the Maggies.
Heidelberg vs Bundoora. Another must win game for the Tigers to keep pace for a finals spot and their fierce rivals in the Bulls will make them work.

Eltham and Bundoora upset the tippers this week. Bearfan will take some chasing but with some cracking games to come anything could happen.

Hope I got everyones tips correct, don't need any more sledging from tigerkelly....:):D:)

Round Fourteen Ladder NFL Tipping Comp.jpg

Macleod over Montmorency
Heidelberg over Eltham
Lower Plenty over North Heidelberg
Greesborough over West Preston
Bundoora over Northcote Park

With four games to go, seven into five doesn't go so enjoying the closeness of the fight for a finals spot.

Macleod vs Montmorency. Can't see the ladder-leading Kangas giving up top spot with a loss to the Maggies.
Eltham vs Heidelberg. The form of both teams has been polar opposite recently but still have faith that the Tigers have the wood on the Panthers.
Lower Plenty vs North Heidelberg. The lure of a finals spot has to ensure that the Bears enjoy a win over the Doggies.
Greensborough vs West Preston. At home the 'Burra should have all the answers to keep the Roosters penned up.
Bundoora vs Northcote Park. Massive game with high stakes and think the Bulls might just been bulding at the right time to take down the Cougars.

Macleod v Montmorency - Mont wont make this easy but the new flag favourites will win here.
Eltham v Heidelberg - It kills me to write this but Panther 'outs' v Tigers 'ins' says to me that this is not the game Panthers will break the hoodoo.
Lower Plenty v North Heidelberg - Bears could sneak into 5th with a decent win here and other results go there way.
Greensborough v West Preston - Slime to kill off any slight chance the Chooks had for finals.
Bundoora v Northcote Park - Should be match of the round. Close game that the cougers should just hold on.

Macleod v Montmorency - Mont wont make this easy but the new flag favourites will win here.
Eltham v Heidelberg - It kills me to write this but Panther 'outs' v Tigers 'ins' says to me that this is not the game Panthers will break the hoodoo.
Lower Plenty v North Heidelberg - Bears could sneak into 5th with a decent win here and other results go there way.
Greensborough v West Preston - Slime to kill off any slight chance the Chooks had for finals.
Bundoora v Northcote Park - Should be match of the round. Close game that the cougers should just hold on.
Oh Denneth, what have you doneth. Deserted your beloved panthers in their finest hour. How could you? Can you still hold your head high at Pantherland?
No doubt there will be a few panther supporters lining up at the bar on thursday night to let you know all about it.

Thank you tigerkelly :thumbsu::thumbsu: for pointing out my disgrace, on here and especially to me a few minutes after the final siren on Sat:D:D.....cannot believe I jumped off my Panth and tipped against them:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:....

ROUND 15 LADDER.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Northcote Park v Greensborough
Macleod v Lower Plenty
West Preston v Bundoora
Montmorency
v
Heidelberg
North Heidelberg v Eltham

Got a strange feeling that this will be a huge round of upsets

Last edited:
I need a few roughies to catch the leaders
Greensborough
Macleod
West Preston
Montmorency
Eltham

On paper it looks a straightforward round, but ....

Northcote Park vs Greensborough. Expect a top clash but the 'Burra can come away from Cougar park with the points.
Macleod vs Lower Plenty. The Bears would need a massive upset to get the points over the Kangas and keep their finals hopes flickering.
West Preston vs Bundoora. Yes the Roosters have the wood over the Bulls recently but they can turn the table here.
Montmorency vs Heidelberg. Picking the Tigers here over the Maggies but not with any confidence.
North Heidleberg vs Eltham. Yes, the Panthers are flying and should get a big percentage boost here at the Doggies kennel.

I agree with others, nothing is as simple as it looks on paper, there are: teams that need to win, teams that must win and teams that would love to cause an upset which means a great round of local footy.

Northcote Park v Greensborough Match of the round. Both plenty to keep fight for, Merri Creek mud could make this a wide expansive game that the Slime will get hold of and win.
Macleod v Lower Plenty Not sure what the ground looks like so this could be anything. Kangas on top for a reason and will win here.
West Preston v Bundoora Another game where a close rival can dint a finals hope. Should be a cracker.
Montmorency v Heidelberg Monty would love to be involved in taking apart the Tigers season, may stick there for a while and have great history against them recently, at the small ground on the hill I can see them taking a tight win.
North Heidelberg v Eltham This will not be as easy as some have predicted. Last time the Dogs had a ripping 3rd quarter and only need one other like that to get a home win in front of what I hear will be a big reunion crowd. Tipping Panther will use pace late and win but not by as many as people think.

I need a few upsets to climb the ladder with only two rounds to go, looking at this week there could be a few on the horizon.

Montmorency v Northcote Park - Not sure if this game is on top of the hill or not. Mont found their mojo last week and may find it again.
Greensborough v Lower Plenty - Must win for the Bears and the Boro will want to stay a chance for the week off. Tight one here.
Heidelberg v North Heidelberg - Been a while since we have seen the tigers where they are, Dogs would love to sneak one over their old rival but not this time.
Bundoora v Macleod -Another must win game, Bulls need it to stay in the finals, Kangas need it to stay top. After a slog out last week I am seeing legs becoming tired and an upset on the cards.
Eltham v West Preston Lakeside - Having a dream run the Panther and whilst still have a few outs will have enough against the Chooks who just want the season to end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back