NFL Div 2 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

How is it that Rioli from the stars gets a total of 12 games from an investigation from last round of the season but plays the first final. Surely any investigation has to take place before the next game. How far can we go back to get someone suspended thru an investigation????

The player from Hurstbridge was in hospital till midweek with a bad throat injury so id say the investigation couldnt be complete till late in the week so the tribunal hearing had to be the next week. The bloke got 12 weeks from 2 seperate incidents and probably got more weeks because he didnt even turn up to the tribunal

Good luck to North Heidelberg, would enjoy seeing the favorites get knocked off, going to be a good game.

Now thats not nice Ta.
Your right it is going to be a great game worth the $15 to get in and the Parking ticket if your side wins thanks NFL.
Bring the Finals & $ back to NFL Grounds, Just look at how many were at Epping on Saturday for the Div 3 Granny.
Go Pingers ;)

Now thats not nice Ta.
Your right it is going to be a great game worth the $15 to get in and the Parking ticket if your side wins thanks NFL.
Bring the Finals & $ back to NFL Grounds, Just look at how many were at Epping on Saturday for the Div 3 Granny.
Go Pingers ;)
Would be good if the finals were back at a NFL venue but can't see it happening. I like the atmosphere of Eltham personally.

The last three Division 2 Minor Premiers have gone onto win the flag:
* Lower Plenty 2011
* Whittlesea 2010
* Macleod 2009
* Epping (2012)???

The last last three Premiers were all runners up the year before:
* Lower Plenty - Runners up 2010
* Whittlesea - Runners up 2011
* Macleod - Runners up 2008
* Epping - Runners up 2011???

So the trends are worrying for the Doggies. Nonetheless, I think that it will be a great game. North have a lot of experienced heads and, when executing well, can trouble the Blues. They'll need to play as well as they did in the first half vs Fitzroy last week. Their kicking efficiency needs to be good, they need to run and spread and get Harvey the best possible looks on goal.

Epping need to do what they've done all year. Run hard and pump it in long then hold the ball in their half. If they do that and nullify Harvey, the flag is theirs.

Tip - I wouldn't mind seeing a North Heidelberg upset, but I think Epping are the best team and should take it out. 20 points.

Didn't think I'd be posting in the Div 2 thread this year but now that we've been promoted this game holds a little bit of interest for me to see who we play next year.

I think Epping will win by about three goals. They have been the best side all season and thoroughly deserve to go up after a fair few near misses (much like Diamo hey). I want North to win though, would much rather Shane Harvey monstering Division 1 than kicking 150 goals or so in Division 2 next season. :p

Should be a good game, luck to all.

Grand Finals
Seniors
Epping vs North Heidelberg. History and trends from previous seasons says that the Blues should win but the Doggies are certainly in the right position to upset that. Think whichever team settles first and can maintain momentum will win and think that will be the Blues.
Reserves
Diamond Creek vs North Heidelberg
Under 19s
Diamond Creek vs Thomastown

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the best games I've ever watched, unbelievable!

Have to feel for North who squandered a chance at an enormous upset.

Props to Epping on never giving up playing one hell of a game and, with all due respect to North, Epping (as a whole) are probably in better shape at playing Division 1 footy.

Shane Harvey - unbelievable

One of the best games I've ever watched, unbelievable!

Have to feel for North who squandered a chance at an enormous upset.

Props to Epping on never giving up playing one hell of a game and, with all due respect to North, Epping (as a whole) are probably in better shape at playing Division 1 footy.

Shane Harvey - unbelievable

Ripping game but I'd say that North would've been in better shape next year (a number have been to the big dance before). Skills were shocking (except Harvey) and Epping will need to recruit a fair few to do okay. Unless it was just a bad game by them. But like I said one of hte best games going around.

Ripping game but I'd say that North would've been in better shape next year (a number have been to the big dance before). Skills were shocking (except Harvey) and Epping will need to recruit a fair few to do okay. Unless it was just a bad game by them. But like I said one of hte best games going around.

I still think Whittlesea will be the team to beat next season given they played a lot of kids this year and were still competitive. However if Harvey gets going North will also be hard to stop for many.

Ripping game but I'd say that North would've been in better shape next year (a number have been to the big dance before).

I'm talking about as a whole club. Nothing against North, but whoever made it could easily go out and spend some money and be competitive next year, but think about the other stuff.

* Epping have a younger, fitter looking list. North seem to have a lot of veteran players and perhaps not the same amount of youth intake. A lot of their players still have plenty left in them whilst a lot of the Doggies boys have been around a long time, and great players don't last forever.
* Epping, whilst not having U17's or U19's, still has a more sustainable junior program
* I can't speak on behalf of who has the better financial situation, but Stude289, has Epping set themselves up well in terms of being able to pay a couple of big recruits?

Anyway, in terms of the game, a 7 day break vs 14 day break as well as the younger legs looked like it won Epping the flag. Absolute props to North who played a ripping game.

in reply to the whittlesea team to beat next season comment - Not a chance. If North keep there main group together they will destroy Whittlesea.

Shane Harvey is the best player running around in this comp by a fair margin, including all of Division 1

in reply to the whittlesea team to beat next season comment - Not a chance. If North keep there main group together they will destroy Whittlesea.

No doubt the Doggies will be very hard to beat next year (along with every other team in Divvy 2).

We're looking forward to the challenge!

Shane Harvey is the best player running around in this comp by a fair margin, including all of Division 1
Im with you on Harvey he has oodles on the rest of the competition;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back