NFL Div 2 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Anybody know the results of the B&F tonight in all grades

Had a friend that attended and he told me that Lionel Proctor won A grade. Others I'm not sure.

Edit: Posted on NFL FB page:

U19s Division 2: Daniel Langborne from Lalor
Reserves Division 2: Kevin Elms from Nth Heidelberg
Seniors Division 2: Lionel Procter from Fitzroy Stars

Im with you on Harvey he has oodles on the rest of the competition;)

I was at the North Heidelberg vs Eltham game in 2011 at Shelley Street,

Eltham won convincingly restricting North to just 8 goals for the game, Harvey kicked them all.

Best on ground comfortably in an 80 point loss. I wish he was still at North (AFL)

No doubt the Doggies will be very hard to beat next year (along with every other team in Divvy 2).

We're looking forward to the challenge!

Did Whittlesea beat Yesterdays Div 1 premier this season? if so i think they will be raging hot favs for the Div 2 flag. Doggies need to get much better but i am sure they will, with Stars on the rise & Creeks very good young list, Div 2 will be pretty competitive. Good luck to the Pingers in Div 1 very tough year ahead will test them right out.

Did Whittlesea beat Yesterdays Div 1 premier this season? if so i think they will be raging hot favs for the Div 2 flag. Doggies need to get much better but i am sure they will, with Stars on the rise & Creeks very good young list, Div 2 will be pretty competitive. Good luck to the Pingers in Div 1 very tough year ahead will test them right out.
If the players do the right thing and stay , then no doubt, but rumours abound that they will lose quite a few, also rumours abound Mernda have signed two prodigal sons and not far away from completing deals with three key position players, Mernda(with the early crow) to finish in the 4 for 2013
,what i saw during the D2 GF they have the game plan to really challenge

If the players do the right thing and stay , then no doubt, but rumours abound that they will lose quite a few, also rumours abound Mernda have signed two prodigal sons and not far away from completing deals with three key position players, Mernda(with the early crow) to finish in the 4 for 2013
,what i saw during the D2 GF they have the game plan to really challenge

That's funny, you were also talking about prodigal sons in the Mernda disappointment thread...

I agree you may beat South Morang and Hurstrbridge(with current side), but the others no way! Nine wins, your kidding.Though if some of the prodigal sons playing in D1 or other Leagues come back, you may sneek 6.

Changed your tune I see? I still think we're capable of around 6-9 wins next year, maybe 10-11 if we get the right players.

Yes rumours about return of players from Div 1 and also div 2 Premiers, but until we see them at training its all that, rumours. If the premiership side retains all their players, they will survive Div2, if we recruit well, we will do VERY nicely.

That's funny, you were also talking about prodigal sons in the Mernda disappointment thread...

Changed your tune I see? I still think we're capable of around 6-9 wins next year, maybe 10-11 if we get the right players.
Yes in the disappointment thread but because Mernda are chronic at the very good players going, you would not have been in D3 had they stayed, but they are coming back so all must be well at Mernda now, is Harro a chance or will his asking price be too much, any truth in the news Thomo are going hard on your very good players in the two's who couldn't get a crack or got dropped late in the season from the ones or even the players in the Ones who never saw much game time?

Yes in the disappointment thread but because Mernda are chronic at the very good players going, you would not have been in D3 had they stayed, but they are coming back so all must be well at Mernda now, is Harro a chance or will his asking price be too much, any truth in the news Thomo are going hard on your very good players in the two's who couldn't get a crack or got dropped late in the season from the ones or even the players in the Ones who never saw much game time?

Haven't heard anything whatsoever.

there is at least 2 players who placed in the club best and fairest that thomastown are keen on, 1 is said to have rejected them a few years ago

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thomastown would be interested in ALL the best players if they could get them.. Who would want to go such an unstable club.

What makes Thomastown 'unstable'? Going down to Div 3 was not in the clubs plans, but the culture around the place and the people involved are very hard working and positive. Turnover of players is no different than any other club, I would guess its actually better, and we have had players return to the club due to it being more enjoyable to be around, than the club they left for. This is anticipated to be the case next year with more players expected to return to the fold after taking up challenges in higher divisions or different leagues. With the U19s winning the flag I'd say there is lots to look forward to for The Bears. We will go down to Div 3 with great respect for the other teams and a resolve to work our butts off in an attempt to return to Div 2 as soon as possible.

What makes Thomastown 'unstable'? Going down to Div 3 was not in the clubs plans, but the culture around the place and the people involved are very hard working and positive. Turnover of players is no different than any other club, I would guess its actually better, and we have had players return to the club due to it being more enjoyable to be around, than the club they left for. This is anticipated to be the case next year with more players expected to return to the fold after taking up challenges in higher divisions or different leagues. With the U19s winning the flag I'd say there is lots to look forward to for The Bears. We will go down to Div 3 with great respect for the other teams and a resolve to work our butts off in an attempt to return to Div 2 as soon as possible.
With all respect Stinga, Reservoir will be the next club to get back into Div 2. Panton Hill most likely will lose a heap of players due to age and salary problems, so they wont come into the eqation. St Mary's also a fair way behind Ressa. Good luck though, a lot of work to do.

No disrespect , but if u believe chris Zab & Robbie barb will make Thomo a genuine chance , then u must be one of them.. Zabs a career 2s player , really thought he was the future of the club after winning u19s B&F but he just doesn't want it bad enough..flashes in & out too much... Robbies an improving type , but still away to go before he is labelled a regular 1s player... Compare These blokes to Jesse , Rohan , Aker ,Causy , Jake o and all the young blokes in the senior side this year & they are way behind.. Keep lookin Thomo..

Yes rumours about return of players from Div 1 and also div 2 Premiers, but until we see them at training its all that, rumours. If the premiership side retains all their players, they will survive Div2, if we recruit well, we will do VERY nicely.

What type of players do you think Mernda will need to play with the top 4 next year ? ( Forwards, Rucks, Back men ?)
Only seen a bit of the GF and thought there is improvement needed to play with the top 4, the bottom 4 drop right off so you will be ok there.

No disrespect , but if u believe chris Zab & Robbie barb will make Thomo a genuine chance , then u must be one of them.. Zabs a career 2s player , really thought he was the future of the club after winning u19s B&F but he just doesn't want it bad enough..flashes in & out too much... Robbies an improving type , but still away to go before he is labelled a regular 1s player... Compare These blokes to Jesse , Rohan , Aker ,Causy , Jake o and all the young blokes in the senior side this year & they are way behind.. Keep lookin Thomo..

they both placed in the best and fairest though didn't they? agreed with your comments about zabs, maybe a change is needed? and from all reports rob barb is 1 of the hardest working players at the club now, should be given more oppurtunity

they both placed in the best and fairest though didn't they? agreed with your comments about zabs, maybe a change is needed? and from all reports rob barb is 1 of the hardest working players at the club now, should be given more oppurtunity
Both fantastic people & yes Rob works really hard & has improved greatly over last couple of seasons , I think he will be a really good senior footballer in years to come , certainly has the desire. But still a bit to learn & improve on.
Zab just needs a change in attitude & could be anything , but I don't see it happening be rapt if he proved me wrong..

What type of players do you think Mernda will need to play with the top 4 next year ? ( Forwards, Rucks, Back men ?)
Only seen a bit of the GF and thought there is improvement needed to play with the top 4, the bottom 4 drop right off so you will be ok there.
Good call Stude, back men are VERY good as you could tell by our stats for the season, we didnt give much away. Rucks, a little lacking, although Tim Atkins did do pretty well in the GF. Travis gets a bit lazy around stoppages, doest get into the hard yards and flow, and would be surprised if he kitted up again this coming seaon. A good hard solid ruck just the same. We need a Doevan type ruck. Forwards, we lack a bit of finesse in the kicking department but possesions are good with solid marking a big plus. We will have to see what pans out for the new season ahead, but it should be good. :]

Both fantastic people & yes Rob works really hard & has improved greatly over last couple of seasons , I think he will be a really good senior footballer in years to come , certainly has the desire. But still a bit to learn & improve on.
Zab just needs a change in attitude & could be anything , but I don't see it happening be rapt if he proved me wrong..
Chris Zab is a bit like Matty Aqua with his performances, hot then cold. Aqua did prove that attitude can help when he had a cracker of a game in the GF, and Im sure success will come to Zabs. Robby is certainly a 1's player of the future, he is very calm under pressure and takes the knocks in his stride.

Chris Zab is a bit like Matty Aqua with his performances, hot then cold. Aqua did prove that attitude can help when he had a cracker of a game in the GF, and Im sure success will come to Zabs. Robby is certainly a 1's player of the future, he is very calm under pressure and takes the knocks in his stride.

zabs is a good bloke with so much potential, lets hope he takes the next step next year and get his attitude right.. in my opinion robbie would have to have been 1 of the most improved players at the club this year, his work ethic and commitment to winning the ball and supplying for his team mates was a step above the rest in the 2s, which is obviously why he won the best and fairest..

Good call Stude, back men are VERY good as you could tell by our stats for the season, we didnt give much away. Rucks, a little lacking, although Tim Atkins did do pretty well in the GF. Travis gets a bit lazy around stoppages, doest get into the hard yards and flow, and would be surprised if he kitted up again this coming seaon. A good hard solid ruck just the same. We need a Doevan type ruck. Forwards, we lack a bit of finesse in the kicking department but possesions are good with solid marking a big plus. We will have to see what pans out for the new season ahead, but it should be good. :]

You cant underestimate the value of a good ruck, first use of the ball is so important as Kruzer proved to Epping this year.
Get a good spine and your half way there.
Good Luck with next year :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back