NFL NFL Gamepass

Remove this Banner Ad

lando-calrissian-this-deal-is-getting-worse-all-the-time.gif

Anyone know how to make gamepass smoother?

The data rate is fine but the movements on screen are not quite as smooth as a regular tv broadcast
Maybe youre running other apps or programs on the computer, maybe youve got your phone connected to wifi, maybe the pc has been switched on for a long time -- sometimes that means your pc's memory cache is full and slowing down the pc....i usually reboot just before i start watching gamepass, especially when ive had the pc on all day.

Yeah framerates might be down to your computer not being able to output the resolution properly

NFL GamePass is now Live on Roku as of 6pm PT last night.

Out of interest, does anyone actually know if Roku has much of a presence in Australia yet?

Not in Australia yet...to be honest I don't know how many of these Google Chrome type of services the local market can support. Over here, other than Apple TV and Chrome you pretty well need one of the network carriers to bundle your service (ala Netflix) to be sustainable.

Not in Australia yet...to be honest I don't know how many of these Google Chrome type of services the local market can support. Over here, other than Apple TV and Chrome you pretty well need one of the network carriers to bundle your service (ala Netflix) to be sustainable.

Agreed. This is why we don't build for every "Connected TV" platform (we built the Apple TV and are building PS4. Microsoft built Xbox and Roku built their own app). They are here today and gone tomorrow in a lot of cases. Even the Android O/S for Smart TV's may be obsolete soon.

I have a Vizio Smart TV at home and that's on a Yahoo platform. Other than Netflix and Hulu no one builds apps for that platform anymore. I'm a cable-cutter and use Apple TV and Amazon Fire at home and don't expect the latter to last too much longer.

Any idea when we can gain access to other content on AppleTV instead of just the games (network, archives etc)

Also how come I can watch on my iPad almost as soon as the game finishes but on AppleTV it tells me I have to wait until after the 4pm games are completed? Woke up the other day to watch Jets/Dolphins and had to stream from iPad to AppleTV. Is this the same issue as not being able to watch games from the beginning once it has commenced?

Agreed. This is why we don't build for every "Connected TV" platform (we built the Apple TV and are building PS4. Microsoft built Xbox and Roku built their own app). They are here today and gone tomorrow in a lot of cases. Even the Android O/S for Smart TV's may be obsolete soon.

I have a Vizio Smart TV at home and that's on a Yahoo platform. Other than Netflix and Hulu no one builds apps for that platform anymore. I'm a cable-cutter and use Apple TV and Amazon Fire at home and don't expect the latter to last too much longer.
Yeah I have a Panasonic Smart TV and would kill for an app for that, but I have never expected one.

Any idea when we can gain access to other content on AppleTV instead of just the games (network, archives etc)

Also how come I can watch on my iPad almost as soon as the game finishes but on AppleTV it tells me I have to wait until after the 4pm games are completed? Woke up the other day to watch Jets/Dolphins and had to stream from iPad to AppleTV. Is this the same issue as not being able to watch games from the beginning once it has commenced?

Additional development on Apple TV to unlock additional content is in the pipeline. Dev work on that to hopefully start once PS4 is in market (@ end of October). I'm guessing towards the end of November possibly, but haven't seen the roadmap in a while.

The difference in the iPad/Apple TV game rewind is because there's a separate international app built on iPad where we can do what we like and show the games essentially "on demand". However on Apple TV it is the same build as the US Domestic app so there's a delay because of the US broadcast restrictions (hence why you're seeing the 4pm game message). Unfortunately that's the way Apple operate that platform with no separate international app stores like they do on iPhone/iPad so we have to bundle the apps for both markets into one. When you're in the live-game state, you're only seeing the International component of the app, but when you go to the "game rewind" section of the app, you're seeing what the US domestic market gets and we're not allowed to show Sunday games until after the 4pm EST (US) games finish. Yes, it's a weird user experience...

Additional development on Apple TV to unlock additional content is in the pipeline.

I'm glad to hear that. While I'm disappointed to learn about delay with the replays for the Apple TV app, this is an excellent service. I just mentioned in the weekly thread that I finally signed up to GP this morning, and that my phone gave a better picture through Airplay than my laptop does.

Playing it "natively" through the Apple TV is significantly better again. There's no way that my Apple TV is getting a better wifi signal than my phone was getting - it's the native hosting itself that is providing a much better picture than what I generally get using airplay.

The app is just as good as I spent the last 2 years hoping for! :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sparkyblue The NFL app is brilliant. Those stats mean I don't need the ESPN one anymore :)

We've still got more enhancements on the stats front in the backlog....some good stuff our creatives have pulled together which will be cool if it manages to get into a release. It'll take some mighty back-end tweaking, but it's on our radar.

When you already know the results, I'm realising that football is a really great sport to have on in the background while doing uni assignments. Not quite as good as the Barbeque Cup cricket has been, and not quite as good as Bathurst was on Sunday - but it's pretty friggen good.

I just signed up for the trial to watch the Eagles yesterday, and was going to cancel before next week to continue my hold out for a discount (cos the Eagles are on MNF).

But the reason I've been able to watch football for 2 days is because of the ability to stream "natively" through Apple TV - it no longer ties up my phone (which goes flat quickly) or my laptop (which I obviously need for uni assignments.)

And the more I thought about that, the sillier I felt about my holdout for a discount or a promo deal, and the sillier I felt about my outrage over the 20% price increase this season.

Not only am I convinced that the picture quality is better on Apple TV... but I've wanted this service (an apple tv app) forever. To the extent that, 12 months ago, if you'd offered me a native app on Apple TV for an extra 20%, I would've taken that in a heartbeat. It's only taken me 2 days to remember what an excellent product Game Pass is and how much I'd missed it.

I'll still cancel because, as I said yesterday, Apple reckon I can buy discount iTunes card and get charged through the app. And I know I'm going to feel ridiculous when they drop the price next week. But I think I'm a bit beyond caring at this point. I wouldn't have gotten so much work done without having the football on in the background.

sparkyblue - any word on when they'll drop the price noting that we're nearly a third of the way through the season?

Theyre not making enough money to pay for their lives. We poor people dont understand how much expense they have to deal with on a day to day basis.

Well Jerry Jones has to find a way to pay for the stripper polls that i have not seen used since the first game there years ago. And Jim Irsay cant drive around with drugs and $30K in cash without the gamepass money. Think about all the poor strippers and drug dealers.

Theyre not making enough money to pay for their lives. We poor people dont understand how much expense they have to deal with on a day to day basis.

I don't think anyone would say these guys are shy about their wealth. The fans keep paying up year after year too, rightly or wrongly. Just quietly, I think our products are expensive and we price out some fans but they keep coming. It's hard to fathom just how popular this sport is in this country. It's like Richmond supporters in pre-season but every single day....

Ticket prices are crazy but people are willing to pay. My Uber driver tonight told me he flies up to Oakland for every Raiders game from LA and hasn't missed one in 12 years.

Hey sparkyblue - seems like the Coaches Film/All 22 is up for every Week 6 game except Redskins @ Jets.

What gives? Any update you can get us?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back