Podcast NFL Podcasts Discussion

I hear a few weeks back the Rich Eisen podcast had a great international shoutout at the end of the podcast.

It was the Aaron Rodgers podcast.

But to answer your question;

BS Report
Rich Eisen

^The only two podcasts I consistently listen to for NFL stuff. Obviously the BS Report isn't 100% NFL, but during the NFL season they have their weekly NFL lines podcast which is always enjoyable.

I listen to Football Today from ESPN and Ross Tucker's Football Podcast.

Ross used to present Football Today on ESPN but his contract wasn't renewed. He is an ex NFL offensive lineman so offers good insight into the sport.

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
I listen to Football Today from ESPN and Ross Tucker's Football Podcast.

Ross used to present Football Today on ESPN but his contract wasn't renewed. He is an ex NFL offensive lineman so offers good insight into the sport.

Yeah I usually listen to the Football Today podcast & BS Report - there's also a couple of Jets ones I listen to, they're OK but can be hit & miss.

The Football Today one has been pretty poor since they ditched Tucker for the new guy but not sure if that's just due to it being off-season? Haven't listened to the Rich Eisen one yet but will give it a go. The BS Report is easily the best though especially when they have Bill Barnwell on.

Love the BS Report.
Hate Bill Barnwell.

Think he is a dead set hack.

But during the season, NFL podcasts that had Michael Lombardi on them were great. Shame now he's with the Browns he won't be doing that anymore.

Apr 23, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
If you can handle Dave Dameshek then his NFL one is out twice a week.

Eisen I can take or leave. I never listen to a full show - his podcasts stretch to two hours some times, and that's way too much name dropping for me to sit through... but they're good in bits depending on the guest.

Simmons & Cousin Sal's lines podcast each week is a must, but I've got to admit it's getting a little grating with his constant declarations that teams or players aren't good, especially this week when it's based on just one game.

That's about it for me. I'm subscribed to too many podcasts as it is at the moment and I couldn't fit the time in to listen to any more than I do.

Scorpio

Club Legend
May 28, 2004
AFL Club
Geelong
I don't mind ESPN First Take during the NFL season. It's a direct feed of the TV show but it's mostly debates and interviews so it works OK. Both Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith get a lot of criticism for their opinions but they provide some some entertaining debates.

11sjw

Cancelled
10k Posts Armchair Endzone Participant
May 13, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Meh
1. "Slate's Hang Up & Listen" is a good general sports Podcast;
2. M & M (Marshall Faulk and Mike Irvin) Podcast is some light hearted fun;
3. Double Coverage is ok;
4. Dave Dameshek isn't bad;
5. ESPN and The NFL: Network both have some good Fantasy football Podcasts.

I still listen to Ross Tucker, but his constant shilling of sponsors is starting to annoy me. His ego is also starting to get in the way of the enjoyment.

Robert Flores, the new host of Football Today, is starting to grow on me.

I couldn't listen to Football Today during the off season because Flores annoyed the hell out of me but seems now there's actual football to discuss he's not so bad.
Yep, I flat out stopped when he started to do skits.

Listen to Ross Tucker Football Podcast and ESPN's Fantasy Football podcast.

I still listen to Ross Tucker, but his constant shilling of sponsors is starting to annoy me. His ego is also starting to get in the way of the enjoyment.

Robert Flores, the new host of Football Today, is starting to grow on me.

I couldn't even listen to Football Today anymore last season because of Tucker. I don't rate him at all. He occasionally offers some decent insight but often some analyst who didn't even play the game gives much better and clearer information.

The Eisen podcast is great, as mentioned. For fantasy I can't go past Fantasy Focus on ESPN. I can understand why people might not like it, but I'm a complete Matthew Berry devotee.

Yep, I flat out stopped when he started to do skits.

Listen to Ross Tucker Football Podcast and ESPN's Fantasy Football podcast.

They've stopped the skits. It's now a decent podcast.

Bump.

Looking for good NFL podcasts this year. Regularly listen to Football Today ESPN and Rich Eisen.
Also listen to Mike & Mike as well for more broader US sports coverage.

Any other good ones?

11sjw

Cancelled
10k Posts Armchair Endzone Participant
May 13, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Meh
Bump.

Looking for good NFL podcasts this year. Regularly listen to Football Today ESPN and Rich Eisen.
Also listen to Mike & Mike as well for more broader US sports coverage.

Any other good ones?

General US: Slate's Hang up & Listen is a good one.

A couple of the NFL Podcasts (Around the League and Dameshek) are also ok.

Apr 23, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Was recommended the NFL Around the League podcast.

Not bad, but I can't tell the guys apart well enough. Just sounds like the same guy doing different voices. Also too much attempted comedy for my liking.

But since I'm an NFL junkie around this year of year (i.e Eagles are out of the finals), I keep listening.

Just started listening to the B.S report on the recommendations in this thread. It's pretty cool so far. Bill Simmons isn't a cheesy host and has a pretty good sense of humour.

Apr 23, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Just started listening to the B.S report on the recommendations in this thread. It's pretty cool so far. Bill Simmons isn't a cheesy host and has a pretty good sense of humour.

I love Simmons but he can get sanctimonious at times. He's got the Podcast format down cold though. Been doing it for a long time.

The best time of the year for fans of his Podcasts are right before the NFL season starts, and right before the NBA season starts. Goldmine of podcasts and great guests.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
Has anyone else discovered the 'Move the Sticks' podcast by NFL/Daniel Jeremiah yet?

It's a fairly nerdy football podcast about the scouting side of things. 2 episodes in, I'm already enjoying the hell out of it.

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
listen to podcasts (seemingly) all day at work during nfl season.

this is alright.

http://podcastone.com/Snakes-Takes-with-Jake-Plummer

a pom talking nfl, goes to air in the last hour or two before kickoff on sunday, its actually pretty good, i download it monday mornings and listen to it at work before i get home, fire up the old game pass and watch the mighty cowboys.

http://www.spreaker.com/show/zone-coverage-football-shows-tracks

heres another that i have only found this week

http://movethesticks.libsyn.com/

dont listen to these blokes but there is an interview with jarryd hayne so i had a listen. the interview is on the 10-16-14 hour 2 episode and starts about 30 minutes in. the interviewers strike me as being complete knobs, especially the comment after saying in his highlight packages it looked like he was running against a 60 year old. just typical knobhead arrogance.

http://podcastone.com/danpatrickshow

if your a cowboys fan there is plenty on the cowboys website, daily hour long shows like talkin cowboys and cowboys break where you can download the audio each day, plus othershows like cowboys hour and the legends show which interviews past and present players are also pretty good.

Back