Podcast NFL Podcasts Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone got any podcast suggestions for NFL?
The "Rich Eisen Podcast" (mentioned above) has become the "Rich Eisen Show". Very long, but interesting with its intersection of sports and pop culture.

My favorites are always the ones done by the teams themselves, or fan podcasts of my team.

I love Simmons but he can get sanctimonious at times. He's got the Podcast format down cold though. Been doing it for a long time.

The best time of the year for fans of his Podcasts are right before the NFL season starts, and right before the NBA season starts. Goldmine of podcasts and great guests.

Any idea whether he's gonna be doing anything this year? His preseason preview/gambling shows and his weekly pick the line show with Cousin Sal are mandatory listening for me, don't know how I'll cope with BS Report off the air- surely he'll be doing something with Sal somewhere???

Any idea whether he's gonna be doing anything this year? His preseason preview/gambling shows and his weekly pick the line show with Cousin Sal are mandatory listening for me, don't know how I'll cope with BS Report off the air- surely he'll be doing something with Sal somewhere???

His ESPN contract doesn't run out until September, so I'd suggest that since he's still being paid by Bristol, he won't be appearing on any media format until after then.

His HBO deal didn't necessarily mention that he'd be doing podcasts for them, so hopefully he'll be able to pod from somewhere else with the old faves... but it looks unlikely to be any time before the season starts.

Around the League has easily become my favourite NFL podcast.

It's pretty good but can be a bit annoying sometimes when they try to get too "jokey". During the season it's definitely on my rotations with the Grantland NFL podcast and (formerly) BS Report.

His ESPN contract doesn't run out until September, so I'd suggest that since he's still being paid by Bristol, he won't be appearing on any media format until after then.

His HBO deal didn't necessarily mention that he'd be doing podcasts for them, so hopefully he'll be able to pod from somewhere else with the old faves... but it looks unlikely to be any time before the season starts.

I think I read the HBO deal will include him doing a video version of his podcast so hopefully he'll have similar guests.

Robert Mays recently joined MMQB after Grantland was shut down. I haven't yet started listening to the MMQB podcast, but he's good value, so I might subscribe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simmons has been doing plenty of podcasts, including gambling lines (he did an entire podcast solely on Super Bowl prop bets in the week before the Super Bowl - I ended up putting $5 on McManus being the MVP because of Bill as I thought that if the Broncos won, it would be a ball control-type game where he would be needed to punt a lot; didn't figure on Von Miller wrecking Cam Newton).

Simmons has been doing plenty of podcasts, including gambling lines (he did an entire podcast solely on Super Bowl prop bets in the week before the Super Bowl - I ended up putting $5 on McManus being the MVP because of Bill as I thought that if the Broncos won, it would be a ball control-type game where he would be needed to punt a lot; didn't figure on Von Miller wrecking Cam Newton).

Simmons is great, probably my favourite when he does the NFL shows.

any updates to this? particularly with the draft coming

At the moment Im into:

Bill Simmons
make me smarter Football &
MMQB

any recommendations will be appreciated

I listen to the following ones religiously

Bill Simmons
Around the NFL
The Ringer NFL Show
Make Me Smarter

I also occasionally listen to:
Move the Sticks - its ok as a filler, but gets better as the draft approaches.

If you don't have Foxtel the other ones that i think are quite good are: (these are obviously TV shows but the pods are just as informative)
NFL Insiders
Speak for Yourself

Robert Mays recently joined MMQB after Grantland was shut down. I haven't yet started listening to the MMQB podcast, but he's good value, so I might subscribe.

Hes now with The Ringer and does two pods a week with them, its probably my favorite NFL podcast. (Remembering that BS Podcast is not purely NFL)

Hes now with The Ringer and does two pods a week with them, its probably my favorite NFL podcast. (Remembering that BS Podcast is not purely NFL)

I tried it early in the season but didn't enjoy it. I only really listen to Matt Williamson's various podcasts (Locked On NFL and his dynasty fantasy football podcast). I used to listen to Ross Tucker but his constant shilling of his sponsors annoyed me no end.

Make Me Smarter is great. And Bill Simmons is still my favourite. Around The NFL is my most despised, they are so unlikeable.

Yeah I have been listening to Around the NFL less. Seems to have a lot more ego and over the top production than before.

this "around the NFL" podcast.

can anyone link it to sound cloud please, or can you only listen to it thru the nfl site?

I listen to it through iTunes.

Don't think they have a soundcloud.

Schefter has just launched a new podcast on ESPN - a longish episode focusing each week on one person or issue. First ep is with Jerrah Jones...

http://m.espn.com/general/play?id=18356883

MMQB podcasts are also worth a listen, as is Mike Folrio on Profootballtalk...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back