Multiplat NHL 15

Remove this Banner Ad

Yepp it's been pretty great so far. The Dynamic High camera seem to be the camera angle of choice for me. I just hope they haven't ruined GM mode by stripping it too much. I've already accepted the fact that the create a team thing will still have very shite logos/names etc to choose from.

Some pretty ordinary news about how stripped back the game is.

Apparently player editing is gone; as is the replay feature.

Both EASHL and GM Connected are not included in the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of the game, however they are available for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions.

According to the interwebs....

Source:
http://www.operationsports.com/news/760010/nhl-15-...re-than-we-anticipated-xb1ps4/

From Operation Sports
Now that the EA Access trial period has started, Xbox One players have noticed that the list of missing modes and features in next-gen NHL 15 is much larger than previously expected. In a prior interview with Sean Ramjagsingh, some of these were hinted at but not fully disclosed, but the depth of some of the gutted features seems to be larger than initially anticipated. The following items are features which users have noticed are missing while playing the early access to NHL 15 -- keep in mind this information is preliminary and some of these could actually be in the game but well hidden. With just six hours of time to test, it doesn't leave much room to explore:

Modes/Features

No GM Connected
No Online Team Play (when this is patched into the game later this year, it will use real NHL players and teams)
No EA Sports Hockey League
No EA Sports Arena
No Online Shootouts
No Live the Life
No Be A Legend
No Winter Classic
No tournaments or Battle for the Cup
No season mode (you can only play seasons in Be A GM, which is limited to NHL teams)
No NHL 94 Anniversary mode
No custom music support
No create-a-play designer
Cannot customize each team's AI
No create-a-team
No way to edit individual players
Practice mode is now limited to one skater vs. an AI goalie

Gameplay
No custom camera option
No Action Tracker replay highlights

Be A GM
Yearly draft is fully automated by the CPU
Cannot play the AHL games for your chosen franchise
Players sent down to the minors do not accumulate any season stats
No fantasy draft option
No preseason games

Be A Pro
No option to sim ahead to the next shift
You only play in the NHL; you cannot play for minor league teams
The Memorial Cup tryout period is gone. You now begin by picking an NHL team, or by letting a random CPU team draft you.
No All-Star game

Ultimate Team
Cannot play against your friends
No tournaments
No mobile app
All of the above features were available last year in NHL 14 for the Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 but appear to be missing this year on the new-generation of consoles. If you have NHL 15 early access and have noticed any of these are actually in the game or if anything additional is missing let us know in the comments below.

Was just about to post that. WHAT THE *. No way am I buying this game on release. Auto draft in Be A GM? ******* lol.

Go back and try again EA, no chance I'm falling for this s**t this time around.

I can't wait for them to use the Winter Classsic as a selling point again for a future release :rolleyes:

I've always been one to say gameplay first, game modes second. The problem is that we're not talking about an AFL or cricket game here, this is an NHL game in an NHL series that has lasted two decades. They've gotten the gameplay to a point we're it's good (albeit not without flaws) and merely added a few minor adjustments. They definitely haven't improved it to a level that forgives the massive cutbacks in almost everything else in the game.

Also, for those thinking "I'll just buy it on current gen"....

The game is EXACTLY the same.

I know very little about Ice Hockey but my sister wants it because she's a huge hockey fan.

Played a few games of the demo and it was very fun! Especially since I hardly knew how to play the game and don't even know the rules of hockey.

Very disappointing as I feel the game play is solid enough but there's just not enough depth in other places. Hopefully next year it'll be a buy...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Demo is extremely easy, was scoring goals like there was no goalie there (At one stage there wasn't WTF?) Can you increase the difficulty in the demo? Don't want to buy it if its so easy.

Demo is extremely easy, was scoring goals like there was no goalie there (At one stage there wasn't WTF?) Can you increase the difficulty in the demo? Don't want to buy it if its so easy.

There's a few difficulty settings after you select the teams. And yeah, the guys just decides to leave at some points for reasons I don't understand.

There's a few difficulty settings after you select the teams. And yeah, the guys just decides to leave at some points for reasons I don't understand.
they bring on an extra skater

What does everyone think of this? I loved 14 but apparently his one is nowhere near as good.
I love it. The gameplay feels much more organic (once a good slider set is used). Playing on broadcast view, the game looks great. The commentary is better but repetitive.

Features are missing but Im an offline franchise guy so Im happy.

Don't judge by the review scores.

I love it. The gameplay feels much more organic (once a good slider set is used). Playing on broadcast view, the game looks great. The commentary is better but repetitive.

Sounds alright, reviews made it sound like it you'd get cancer if you played it. I only play single online matches anyway, mainly for a joke because I suck. I think I might just do what I did with 14, wait for a bargain and get it.

Same here. I don't dig the online stuff with these kinds of games, and to be honest i usually don't care for the management side either, i just want to pick my team and smash through the season. So far I'm really enjoying it because the game can take over the management stuff for you too.

And I'm not sure if it's only me or not, but it does seem like there's some serious rubber banding going on. It doesn't happen all the time, but the last 2 games I played, I got out to 3-0 and 4-0 leads nearly bang on halfway through the 2nd period. And then both times their goalie became Superman and mine became Stevie Wonder. Both games ended in ties, but then with me eventually winning on OT. Also managed to lose a game in regulation time after being a goal up with 50 seconds to play.

Apart from that though it plays like a dream. Controls are great and it looks beautiful. I don't regret buying it at all.

Same here. I don't dig the online stuff with these kinds of games, and to be honest i usually don't care for the management side either, i just want to pick my team and smash through the season. So far I'm really enjoying it because the game can take over the management stuff for you too.

And I'm not sure if it's only me or not, but it does seem like there's some serious rubber banding going on. It doesn't happen all the time, but the last 2 games I played, I got out to 3-0 and 4-0 leads nearly bang on halfway through the 2nd period. And then both times their goalie became Superman and mine became Stevie Wonder. Both games ended in ties, but then with me eventually winning on OT. Also managed to lose a game in regulation time after being a goal up with 50 seconds to play.

Apart from that though it plays like a dream. Controls are great and it looks beautiful. I don't regret buying it at all.
EA games always have this.

EA CPU catch up boost is the biggest reason for smashed controllers in the video gaming world.

My biggest tip is that people play it on broadcast view, Its a learning curve adjusting to the controls, but it looks amazing.

Maybe if anyone has some of their game highlights they can post here.

After about 100 games, Ive got a very good feel of where this game is at.

It's essentially NHL 12-14 with a spit polish.

Negatives
  • The latest patch has turned this into NHL Hitz. The CPU hitting power is OP.
  • Passing is glitched. You are supposed to have manual control of passing but it's set to auto.
  • Boardplay is as basic as its been for 3-4 years
  • The sound effects are poor and havent changed for 4 years.
  • The control scheme is far too simple. On defense you have the option of poke checking or body checking. That's it. Other sports games have added far more options. Their is no option to belt the puck in loose play or deflect it off a hard pass.
  • Puck physics are much improved but they dont apply in some situations. For instance the puck goes across the ice like its an air hockey table.
  • There is very little difference between players and teams. Every NHL team is rated between 84 and 88. Er, no. Players can all do things the same. A 4th liner can zip passes around like Crosby.
Positives
  • The player physics are quite good. Ive seen plenty of multi player collisions.
  • Graphics and crowd are much improved. As is presentation. I love it on broadcast view.
  • For all its negatives, it still has a pick up and play quality which I love.
Basically NHL 16 is pivotal. If the series is to be assured in its survival, it has to bring back game modes and provide a fresh gameplay experience.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back