Marns

Back from the dead
Sep 14, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
You may have seen one of these on other boards around the place. The rules are very simple. If you answer a question correctly, you can ask the next one. They can be as easy or as hard as you like, but if the question is not answered within 2 days of it having been asked, anyone can ask a different question, so we can keep it moving along at a steady pace. We dont want it at the sort of pace of the Maple Leafs' playoffs campaign.

First question:

Who was the youngest starting goaltender to ever win a Stanley Cup?

jimmy_clement#8

Premiership Player
Sep 27, 2003
Somewhere
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Colorado, Cardiff City
Ok, in the lock-out, Joe Thornton had a very good season with HC Davos in the Swiss league where he played with Rick Nash on his left to make a superstar pairing. Who played on the right of this line? Probably a easy question but something off the top of my head.

Marns

Back from the dead
Sep 14, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
No idea, but was it Landon Wilson? He's the only one on the team now that I'd think would pair with those two, even though he's not that good.

Marns

Back from the dead
Sep 14, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
jimmy_clement#8 said:
sorry Marns, incorrect
Hmmm, is the said person a Canadian, and more specifically, could he have played on their right wing in Torino?

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 2, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
OK my question - Who has the current NHL record for most short-handed goals in one game?

Clue: The player has been out of the NHL in the last few seasons and has a stanley cup ring.

-VC-

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 18, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Colorado Avalanche, Melb Mustangs
Hmmm, my guess would've been Shanahan but the hint rules that out.
Messier does sound like a good guess actually...
Ummm, I'll go with Ron Francis since Messier is taken.

Power21

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2004
SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Detroit Red Wings
Does it include play-offs? is it one ring or maybe several?

I'll say the great one Wayne Gretzky anyway.

Was going to say Mario but he only retired this year.

jimmy_clement#8

Premiership Player
Sep 27, 2003
Somewhere
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Colorado, Cardiff City
ive had my guess, so i tried to find out, im 95% sure ive found the right answer, considering the clues, and really, i wouldnt have guessed this guy for quite some time, if at all. great question

jimmy_clement#8

Premiership Player
Sep 27, 2003
Somewhere
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Colorado, Cardiff City
ooh, i was nowhere near with my guess messier and my research, andreychuk. um, i wanna say bourque coz i love him, but im going way back to bobby orr coz i think he even won a few art ross's, i could be so completey wrong, but thats ok, coz this nhl quiz is all about having fun and having a shot

sheller891

Club Legend
Aug 13, 2004
Melb
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Cavs, Pens
jimmy_clement#8 said:
ooh, i was nowhere near with my guess messier and my research, andreychuk. um, i wanna say bourque coz i love him, but im going way back to bobby orr coz i think he even won a few art ross's, i could be so completey wrong, but thats ok, coz this nhl quiz is all about having fun and having a shot

good effort but incorrect jimmy

-VC-

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 18, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Colorado Avalanche, Melb Mustangs
Paul Coffey.

By the way, I know I'm not looking up answers before I respond so I hope no one else is. Makes it more fun that way.
JC, I imagine Andreychuk would hold several power play records coz he was a machine on the PP.

sheller891

Club Legend
Aug 13, 2004
Melb
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Cavs, Pens
Vic Crow said:
Paul Coffey.

By the way, I know I'm not looking up answers before I respond so I hope no one else is. Makes it more fun that way.
JC, I imagine Andreychuk would hold several power play records coz he was a machine on the PP.

Bingo

I had to check the answer to this question
but when I am answering - I don't look up answers

Back