Nicest/Rudest Swans Player You've Met

Remove this Banner Ad

jude was really nice and friendly
same with tadhg and barry hall. although i've never encountered them outside of the football world, it was always in a function or something like that.

we also chased down amon for a photo and he was quite nice about it too :D

I've met Kirky, genuine bloke.

Roosy, as well, is a great one.

Don't really know that many, so can't judge, though.
I once umpired a game for East Sydney juniors, in the under 12s where Roos' sons were playing. He was flat out all day helping out around the ground, even brought out the water for the umpires during the breaks. Definite nice guy.

Lockett was probably the rudest I have met. When I was younger I used to work in a servo round the corner from his parents place and after he retired he used to come in every now and again. The one time he came in while I was working I told him I was a huge swans fan and asked for his autograph. He wasn't rude but he just kinda grunted and quickly signed a piece of paper for me. Fair enough I guess considering he was never one for the spotlight.

I actually heard a story when I was younger about a kid that handed him a piece of paper and asked him to sign it. Tony wasn't in the best of moods at the time so he snatched the piece of paper, scribbled something and handed it back with F*** OFF written on it.

The nicest player I ever met would be a draw between Warick Capper (met him when I was about 8 so we probably had a lot in common) and Goodes who I met at a nightclub in Ballarat about 3-4 years ago.

Lockett was probably the rudest I have met. When I was younger I used to work in a servo round the corner from his parents place and after he retired he used to come in every now and again. The one time he came in while I was working I told him I was a huge swans fan and asked for his autograph. He wasn't rude but he just kinda grunted and quickly signed a piece of paper for me. Fair enough I guess considering he was never one for the spotlight.

I actually heard a story when I was younger about a kid that handed him a piece of paper and asked him to sign it. Tony wasn't in the best of moods at the time so he snatched the piece of paper, scribbled something and handed it back with F*** OFF written on it.
Agreed about Lockett, champion player but a champion prick.

The nicest player I ever met would be a draw between Warick Capper (met him when I was about 8 so we probably had a lot in common) and Goodes who I met at a nightclub in Ballarat about 3-4 years ago.
Plugger is really a nice guy. I have met him. As is Paul Kelly. :thumbsu: You must of got plugger at the wrong time.

Micky O is fantastic with the little kids and just a very polite person. Trying to get a photo of a family friends son and him was near impossible as the two kept chatting to each other and wouldn't look at the camera for more than a second!!!!

Andrew Dunkley was a class A mongrel. At a family day when i was younger, signed the jumper and was in the middle of asking if i could have a photo when a nice looking lady came along. He just turned around and was seen speaking to this woman for 30 minutes without signing anything.

Tadhg and LRT are awesome. during their injuries last season they did alot of the meet and greets and were brilliant. Tadhg is incredibly cheeky good thing alot of what he says goes over the heads of 10 year olds.

Davis was also really good. He actually saw me dig into my bag to get something and stopped before he even knew what I was doing LOL then when I said my kids will be really upset they missed him he wandered around the back with me to see if he could see them. Actually rang my husband and toldhim to get the kids back here cause he was there LOL. But he waited and signed 50 million things LOL.

Hally was great as well Round 22 last year he was out the back joking with the kids. He also did a clinic at a local club which our club was invited to and my 4yo waled up smacked him on the bum and said Big Bad Barry Hall. The grin on his face was priceless.

Lockett well less said the better......found he had a lot of time for adults not alot of time for the kids.

Goodes and Crouch were brilliant - we went to a clinic about 4 or 5 years ago and they had fun pushing the pram around with my then 6 month old who was grizzling.

One of the best was actually Paul Barnard (?) a bomber brilliant with the kids had all the time in the world even though all the other wanted to do was get out of their (Sheedy, Hird and Lloyd included)

Also gotta give mention to Everitt. He was very accomodating when i asked to have a photo with my daughter and again the other day when I asked if he could sign it for her. Also Schmidt - great bloke to chat to.

We have had a few encounters with players. Still need to get my Micky O shirt signed......hopefully on the 22nd (26th maybe drawn a blank) at the clinic.

Tadgh was so lovely, I met him when he first came to the Swans. I asked for his autograph and he asked for my name, and he got very excited because my name is Irish :D

I also met Jude a ton of times, he knew my name and always wrote kisses in my autograph book, haha. When I was younger my favourite player was Jason Saddington - I met him in his first or second season in Sydney and I asked him to sign my guernsey. It had number 22 on the back, I think he was a bit excited about it. I was so nervous meeting him! :eek:

God this brings back memories. Paul Kelly was great, same with Michael O'Loughlin, Wayne Schwass and Craig O'Brien. I always liked Heath James as well, he was nice.

I don't think a player has ever been rude to me, but then again, I was young and cute when I met them all, now I'm all grown up I doubt they would be as nice!

when i met the guys i looked over at these other people with a baby and mikeyo was playing with her it was the sweetest thing i have ever seen

and when i asked for a photo with ryan he looked shocked as if 'why would you want a photo with me':confused: but he was in the middle of signing something else so he kept appologising and saying just a min sorry ahaha it was so cute i love him :)
<<<that photo is my pride and joy

and this year im gonna get ryan to sign my #5 guernsey!!! YAY!

Aw that's so cute :)

I'm gonna get everything signed too, when I go with my brother to the Swans Squad clinic. But, yeah. Barrage of little kids to get through but I will get pics with them all. Or elseee :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aw that's so cute :)

I'm gonna get everything signed too, when I go with my brother to the Swans Squad clinic. But, yeah. Barrage of little kids to get through but I will get pics with them all. Or elseee :mad:
Ditto I just need my photo with Nick to go with the signature on my pink Sherrin LOL

Slightly off-topic but on the subject of ruining guernseys, Paul Licuria had a bit of a shot at mine. Three striped on the Collingwood guernsey, and his signature took up one WHOLE DAMN STRIPE.
Ted did his on the red yoke of the jumper .. that's a no go zone. It already looks as if rats have s**t all over it.. & then Baz sees that somebody's done it there, so he does it too. Argh :mad:

Lukey Ablett and Malch shouldn't even say they have a signature .. both sign with wavy lines half the width of the guernsy itself.

Back on topic, Luke is awesome to talk to. Knows heaps about science (because of his gf, i guess) :)

Fraser Gehrig is awesome, but he will keep going on about astrophysics and quantum mathematics.

Agree with Nat.

LRT would be the one of the rudest.

The nicest would be... Amon, DEAN, Tadhg, Beanie, Currie... actually the whole team minus LRT.

Fraser looks like an ape, and probably has the mental capacity of one too..

That is so mean, he managed two words in his six months in France, plus he rolled a few rocks, he is well smart.

That is very harsh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back