Nicest/Rudest Swans Player You've Met

Got hi-fives from Davis and Matthews last year after the Hawks match cos it was Father's Day and they were getting their kids from the aisle I was sitting in. Both were champs and I said, "Good on ya mate" to both and it was sweet.

Before Crows game saw Kirk and MOL walking in, MOL on crutches, they were talking so I just said "Bad luck Mickey, hope you get better soon, we need you out there," and he smiled, "Thanks mate" but that was it.

Then walking into the Entertainment Quarter same night saw Leo walking out with no limp - this was when he was out with the hammy - so knew he'd be back soon. Just smiled at him and nodded, cos everyone else paid him no attention and he smiled back.

smasher

Club Legend
Nov 13, 2004
victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
wallabys
Moore is a top bloke,very humble.I've met Malceski a couple of times and he's a nice guy too.Ves is a bit loud for me,oozes confidence but I don't know him personally.

Dudley

Club Legend
Suspended
Jun 24, 2005
Paddo
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
point piper jelly wrestle
Before Crows game saw Kirk and MOL walking in, MOL on crutches, they were talking so I just said "Bad luck Mickey, hope you get better soon, we need you out there," and he smiled, "Thanks mate" but that was it.

Weird, i saw him and said hope you get better mate, he immediately threw me to the ground and made mad pasionate love to me.

We have been living together for a few weeks now.

MF

Good Poster, s**t Bloke
Sep 10, 2006
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
This thread is bizarre. How do LRT and Kirky go from being universally hailed as great people at the start of the thread to derided as horrible and arrogant by the end?

I guess some players respond differently to the way they are approached. I would imagine that some players wouldn't take kindly to people that think it's the players duty to give them the time of day. Would also depend what mood they're in too I guess, I imagine I come across as an arsehole sometimes too.

J_Moore

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 8, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Oh, and on topic...

I worked at a shop at the airport for a year or so - sold a fair few compact and digital video discs to footy players from all clubs and codes. All were generally pretty friendly and polite, even the Wests Tigers players who wanted extra Borat mankinis (I shudder to think what they'd get up to with those).

Only Swan I really remember was Amon. He picked up his CD (Kings of Leon, I think - choice), and I asked him if he would like a bag, and he said "Nah, it's cool... Boys'll think I stole it, but".

It was a mildly amusing comment, so I just smiled and said "Oh, ok." It obviously wasn't the reaction he was looking for, because he stood at the counter for a bit, and said

"...Yeah... boys'll think I stole it, but."

So I laughed, and he left happy.

Moral of the story is Amon Buchanan is a massive prima donna who demands that everyone laugh at his jokes. The rudest of the lot. He should be delisted for his lack of courtesy towards Swans fans.

Maddhew

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Oh, and on topic...

I worked at a shop at the airport for a year or so - sold a fair few compact and digital video discs to footy players from all clubs and codes. All were generally pretty friendly and polite, even the Wests Tigers players who wanted extra Borat mankinis (I shudder to think what they'd get up to with those).

Only Swan I really remember was Amon. He picked up his CD (Kings of Leon, I think - choice), and I asked him if he would like a bag, and he said "Nah, it's cool... Boys'll think I stole it, but".

It was a mildly amusing comment, so I just smiled and said "Oh, ok." It obviously wasn't the reaction he was looking for, because he stood at the counter for a bit, and said

"...Yeah... boys'll think I stole it, but."

So I laughed, and he left happy.

Moral of the story is Amon Buchanan is a massive prima donna who demands that everyone laugh at his jokes. The rudest of the lot. He should be delisted for his lack of courtesy towards Swans fans.

Did you then go and use an automatic teller machine and enter your personal identification number?

No wonder you didnt find Amon funny, you havent even grapsed the concept of acronyms.

J_Moore

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 8, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
haha, yeah, it wasn't bad.

Before this goes any further, I feel I should point out my tongue was pretty firmly in cheek when i said that I found Amon rude. He was friendly and a bit dorky. It's just that getting offended seemed to be the thing to do.

Dylza94

Cancelled
Sep 28, 2008
?
AFL Club
Sydney
Jared Crouch is a great bloke. When I met him he was cracking jokes and having a laugh etc. Brett Kirk is pretty funny aswell.

Havent really met a rude player yet...

Neville Bartos

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 7, 2004
Perth, WA
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Doc Rivers' LA Clippers
Hey guys, I met Adam Goodes in a corporate box at the MCG for the boxing day test, and I must say that he's a genuinely nice bloke who is more than happy to chat about football and even sign autographs for little kids who were walking past below.

Cheers

I can't remember exactly when it was but a couple of years ago Sydney were playing Carlton at Optus Oval

And I was about twelve walking around looking for my step father before the game a bit lost and Longmire asked me if I was lost now my dad always told me that I had to not talk to strangers so I stood still and kept my mouth shut but he told me that he helped coach the swans and could get some help finding my dad but as soon as he told me he helped coach the swans I started yapping my head off at him telling him why he should play Goodes in midfield or Schnider in the forward line (They did both in the last 1/4 to my shock and we won :D)
Bt when my stepfather found me talking to him he kept sayign sorry about all of this and longmire jsut laughed and said no problem and I was a bright kid :)

My dad used to own a greyhound farm with Tony Lockett and I remember him walking into the kitchion with a chicken in his hands one day and he used to try and teach me how to kick a footy when I was like 6 LOL but he never seemed bad to me.

And Leo Barry is my grandfathers brothers son so he has been at a couple of family gatherings over the years and he always seemed very nice and funny I begged him to teach me how to kick properly and to sign my jumper (he signed the jumper but I still can't kick well :p)
and the next time I went up to sydney my grandmother had a signed Proper Sherin he gave to her to give me :D

Bob skilton came by haileybury a couple of times And ad got me to shake his hand once and he tried to kcik a footy back to me when my mate kicked it over my head but he was a very good bloke. I asked him if he was any good he said "I did alright but never got what I wanted out of it" Guess that means a flag...

And Moore used to go to my School was very modest and a great all round guy top notch bloke

Back