Delisted Nicholas Robertson (2013-2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Was lucky enough to have a good chat to a Rob Kerr at the start of the year and, whilst he is gone, he was very excited at what last years draft will produce for the Lions. When I mentioned Nick though, his eyes lit up. Is really thought of highly and I hope he continues to develop as his relentless spirit is contagious.

His interview was so gracious and mature for someone still so young. He is a credit to his family and also already a credit to the club. I look forward to cheering him on wildly for many years. It is bloody great news.

How refreshing was it they way he spoke about his family in queensland looking after him, particularly they way he said they will be his family for life too (or something similar). What a champ of a kid, well done Robbo44 and MrsRobbo44 raise a beauty there.

...btw Robbo44 have you consider changing your user id to Robbo18?
Done mate
Robbo18!
Lol

It was offered to him as it so happens it was his number when he played for Joondalup Kinross club footy

Congrats to nick for signing on. Good to have some good news on draftees

Every time you mention kinross my mind goes to the marina up the road at Mindarie and the great brews at the Indian Ocean brewery.

Congrats to nick for signing on. Good to have some good news on draftees

Every time you mention kinross my mind goes to the marina up the road at Mindarie and the great brews at the Indian Ocean brewery.
Yeah, great spot
Get over there a bit especially in the summer on a Friday
Beautiful look over the Marina and usually good vibrant crowd.

Yeah, great spot
Get over there a bit especially in the summer on a Friday
Beautiful look over the Marina and usually good vibrant crowd.

Nothing like having sitting down having a beer watching the sun go down over the ocean, one of my favourite WA things to do. Now if you do the same over hear and try to have a beer watching the sunrise come up over the water you're frowned upon! oh the injustice!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awesome to see h run around again before the year is out. Obviously is a person to listen to feedback and put it into practice to earn a call up. Big things ahead young man me thinks. Also, how lucky are you Robbo18 for him to be called up for this game in particular.

Thought that this would be appropriate forum to discuss Robbo18's comments on Robbo's game. I also am of the opinion that he shouldn't be dropped but to view the tape and learn and them try to out it into practice this week. He can obviously take constructive criticism and out it into practice as he has shown in the reserves. I know he got run down a few times but I like to see a player taking the game on and will learn to 'feel' when he is hot.

Just had to feel for him yesterday, just of those days that young mids can have where it just starts badly and snowballs. To his credit he kept presenting as an option and didn't drop his head.

He was always going to take time.

I was impressed with his contested marking yesterday. He hung onto a few under a lot of pressure from behind and with his size he could be a handful if he goes forward in the future.

His kicking looks to have improved since the beginning of the year and he is finding space better in top company.

He needs to cycle through the options quicker when he gets the ball but I think there are plenty of positives for him to take out of the year especially when he lost so much time to injury before this year.

And he knows he has a lot to work on.
He talks about the things that are his deficiencies with clarity. He's very tough on himself.
He shouldn't be too tough on himself. We forget how much of a step up there is in pace, pressure and skill level from NEAFL to AFL. A couple of times he didn't make the transition but I agree with TBD that he was still presenting and actually got a better feel for the pace the longer the game went - which is pretty remarkable given we were getting such a pasting. Can tell he just wants to get better and Leppa is the sort of coach who will be patient enough for that to happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back