Delisted Nicholas Robertson (2013-2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard it from Bruce Claridge here in Bendigo who I believe you used to know. Is it true Margaret very humbly replied 'yeah I do a bit'.

Also has Margaret given Nick any sporting advice
Lol!!
Yes that response was correct and then proceeded to give Jodes a copy of her book.
Nick was only 2 or 3 then so she's never really met him as a teenager.
Great woman though!!

Hey all.
Nick most likely back training Monday
He thinks he'll be ok for ressies round 1
Drilled a hole in the top of his scull just above his eye brow
Good clean out
His Mum Jodie struggles with sinus issues and it can be very debilitating as some have alluded.

Its not a fun thing to go through, thats for sure. I was in injections every 3 months to keep my sinuses clean, now Im on a spray thats meant to be safer. They did try breaking my nose to straighten it, as mines crooked enough that it blocks my right nostril. Didnt work though.

Very good game. Showed no signs of the awareness issues of last year and went at 100% efficiency - answering the two big knocks on him. Now keep it up!
Yep - needs to be persevered with now, even when he has the occasional off day

Great comeback game. Seriously encouraging.

Easily gets another game next week.

Also nice to see that players can actually improve their game in the NEAFL if they put in the hard work.

It was definitely Robertson's best game. He actually looked like he belonged out there - like he was no longer a kid and he wasn't going to take a backward step despite how few games he has played.

If he keeps it up / doesn't start second guessing himself again, he could be one of the big positives for the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like everyone else I really liked his match. I'd like to think he is a mix between Martin and Fyfe, way to early to tell, but it's an early observation.

Really encouraging and probably the best on ground of the 2nd year players. Loved his effort and hardness even when he could have been dropping his shoulders.

I thought that the best feature of his game was his strong hands marking the ball. On a day when we saw drop after drop of the ball with no pressure he seemed to be clunking them all over the place with pressure always there. That sort of strength with his hands and arms is very encouraging. Thought his decision making process was much improved. Got lucky once or twice trying to take on the tackler but in general picked up the speed of the game quite well. Hopefully gets another run this week and shows that it will be a consistent feature of his play. He must be encouraged that the things i'm guessing he needed to work on seem to have been albeit at this early stage. He's an excellent size and tough at the contest and we could certainly use his bigger body, so hopefully he continues his improvement.

Like everyone else I really liked his match. I'd like to think he is a mix between Martin and Fyfe, way to early to tell, but it's an early observation.

Interestingly, the Fyfe thing popped in my mind as well. Obviously its early days, but he does fairly well with holding his marks under pressure and is clearly strong as hell.

It's exciting to see kids that have useful natural attributes combined with a really good attitude to work.

Looks like a $1000 fine for Nick for the strike on Nicholls. Seems a little harsh. At the same time, when we showed little agro or toughness, Nick flew the flag. Might mean no ivory back scratcher for dad for Christmas though!

Slight Quad strain today at training!!!! Bloody poor bugger!
Hope he gets up ok.
Heading home now. Was great catching up with him. He loves it here and is passionate for the club and despite all the crap today thinks Leppas is a great coach.
Rotten luck. Plenty to look forward to for him though.

Slight Quad strain today at training!!!! Bloody poor bugger!
Hope he gets up ok.
Heading home now. Was great catching up with him. He loves it here and is passionate for the club and despite all the crap today thinks Leppas is a great coach.

cheers for the update mate always appreciate the insight, you should be proud of him hes been playing very well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back