Delisted Nicholas Robertson (2013-2019)

Robbo18!

Nov 24, 2013
Must admit I've got a soft spot for Robbo but he'd surely have to be our most improved player this year. Starting to look like he really belongs at AFL level and has a lot of confidence to boot.

Hope it's not a bad knock he copped!
Was his back more than anything.
Scans when he gets home.
Bit sore but hopefully he's ok.
Was stoked to be part of the win!!

Sep 9, 2012
NE Patriots
Was his back more than anything.
Scans when he gets home.
Bit sore but hopefully he's ok.
Was stoked to be part of the win!!
How have you seen his game develop? I'm in awe of how quickly he has turned around his awareness. Got caught quite a bit last season but has really kicked on in 2015. High hopes for the kid!

Robbo18!

Nov 24, 2013
How have you seen his game develop? I'm in awe of how quickly he has turned around his awareness. Got caught quite a bit last season but has really kicked on in 2015. High hopes for the kid!
Learnt a lot in the ressies, given a job on the wing so he's not so much inside and can run. Great position to develop. Has concentrated a lot on efficiency, composure etc but has hit the gym hard in the off season which is paying off. He's moving on well, Jodes and I just keep supporting him.

xplo

Jun 14, 2004
The Original 'Cougar'
Lions
Learnt a lot in the ressies, given a job on the wing so he's not so much inside and can run. Great position to develop.Has concentrated a lot on efficiency, composure etc but has hit the gym hard in the off season which is paying off. He's moving on well, Jodes and I just keep supporting him.

He's always been hard, but his cool and composure was great yesterday. The kick he measured off in the second quarter was beautiful. Ran 10 and then kicked it 45, flat and hard over Carlton fingertips to a bloke running forward. Great skill.

jjami15

Jul 16, 2011
For a bloke who is just about to turn 20 his ability to break tackles this year is great to see. Give him another 2 years in the gym and he is going to be a mainstay of our midfield. Quite bullish about his future and great to see his improvement in the areas that have been noted. It's testament to the work he's put in I would suggest.

With all the "tough times don't last, tough people do" clichés that get bandied about, it's reassuring to see Nick prove he's tougher than shoe leather. Also good to see the umps actually stop the game for the emergency cart this week.

That pass to Zorko (in the 3rd I think?) was something else. Deserved better than it being turned over from Zorko's next kick and a goal the other way.

Tassie4ever

Dec 7, 2007
We rewound that about 10 times. Juddy was Nicks footy idol growing up!

Your lad is a polite young fella you have every right to be proud of.

Football-wise, he has certainly exceeded my early expectations- it's not enough to be rough and tough at this elite level, as this is obviously a given. The skills bit is the hard bit and not all make it. I reckon Nick is now showing very clear signs he will progress.

I've thought Nick's skills were very good when he arrived in training, it was just decision making and execution under pressure and trying to do a little too much sometimes.

Now he is playing more within himself and seems to have worked out how to be a bit more energy conservative in contests the game has slowed down for him and his skills under pressure have risen to the challenge.

I think he's starting to get the balance between intensity and composure now at senior level so I'm really excited to see how he will go with a bit of continuity in senior appearances.

Last of the Roys

Sep 5, 2007
Fitzroy Football Club
Another big thumbs up for Robertson's game tonight.

He might want to do a bit of working on his kicking (as the scrubber king), but my god have you seen a second year player play with more aggression and intensity at the ball? (Perhaps not since one J. Brown in 2001).

And how about his 'DON'T ARGUE' - I must have seen him do it about a dozen times this year already. Really, he is one of the reasons (with a number of others such as his namesake Robbo) why the team has turned its form around.

knaf

Mar 15, 2008
Standing on Sacred Ground
Great game but still trying to fit into the patterns of play and second guessing himself. Could have had a shot at goal with about 6 minutes to go in the third. I hope during the match review the coach tells him just "have a go son!" Very high ceiling and tough as...

A bit like Lewy Taylor in that he'll start to trust his first instinct more and will become a lot more effective.

Far from a perfect game but is playing that wide role so well. He's effectively swapped with Jed and I think the team is better for it.

Like him on the wing because he covers ground like Paps, but then just straight lines the contest if the ball is in his area. Good fun to watch.