Delisted Nicholas Robertson (2013-2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

T
Have sent you a PM re: the sponsorship stuff. Sounds like he's not getting much of a break but he seems the type that'd be up for it. Great to have you posting on here btw.
thanks mate
Have (so far) found the BL thread comments to be very honest and relevant which is great.
Enjoying the banter.

T
thanks mate
Have (so far) found the BL thread comments to be very honest and relevant which is great.
Enjoying the banter.

I dunno about anyone else but it would be really cool if you could get him to come on and maybe give us a bit of an AMA or a general spiel about how he's liking Brisbane, what he doesn't like etc. By the way I think your son is a gem and will easy be the biggest steal of the draft.

I dunno about anyone else but it would be really cool if you could get him to come on and maybe give us a bit of an AMA or a general spiel about how he's liking Brisbane, what he doesn't like etc. By the way I think your son is a gem and will easy be the biggest steal of the draft.
Probably best if we keep him off big footy.
He's loving it at the BL.
Guys are fantastic, really rates JB and Richo just to name a few but all of the guys have been Awsome and as I thought his jovial and sarcastic personality has fitted in well as all of the boys are very quick to take the piss out of each other and he responds well to that. Very much the "BLOKES" footy club. Everyone gets on very well
He said all the coaches and Leppa are great and training is gruelling.
Loves being there.

why is that? Mitch Robinson did an AMA on reddit a few months back

He said keeping him off BF. Given the ups and downs of people's fondness and lack thereof for specific players and the lack of filtering between people's thoughts and their keyboards, I'd be keeping any players away from BF. AMAs are different given they're just a limited encounter.

He said keeping him off BF. Given the ups and downs of people's fondness and lack thereof for specific players and the lack of filtering between people's thoughts and their keyboards, I'd be keeping any players away from BF. AMAs are different given they're just a limited encounter.

Thats what I asked for, an AMA...?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If your seriously asking yes just google reddit AFL

I found BigFooty when someone referenced it in an article I was reading somewhere ... and I have heard of other places in people's posts on here (eg bomberblitz etc oh and the much maligned facebook) ... reddit may have been mentioned (not sure) - just googled and oh good that one is blocked at work *sigh* ...

I found BigFooty when someone referenced it in an article I was reading somewhere ... and I have heard of other places in people's posts on here (eg bomberblitz etc oh and the much maligned facebook) ... reddit may have been mentioned (not sure) - just googled and oh good that one is blocked at work *sigh* ...

its a huge forum with sub reddits on pretty much any topic. I recommend checking it out.

its a huge forum with sub reddits on pretty much any topic. I recommend checking it out.
The AFL subreddit is much, much, much, much smaller than BF.

Reddit itself is among the largest sites in the world. The AFL subreddit... not so much.

For the record I wouldn't mind seeing the AMA that you want to see, but it's not a great idea for this site and this young man, and I see that Robbo Sr agrees (which is what's important).

Had a great session with my two other boys Justin and Daniel at the Gym with Nick yesterday morning. He has a comprehensive holiday period training schedule along with drinking and dietary advise/protocols.
Very well put together and is player specific (targets each players needs specifically)
He's looking really fit, 192cm and 91kgs so the system so far working very well for him.
In regards to my comments re Nick and Big Footy, I see this site as a place for those of us who think we are experts and to be able to express an opinion and even if we are wrong or out of line it doesn't really matter. Good discussions, banter etc is great and promotes passion for your team or your point of view. I personally don't think players should get caught up in this stuff especially young draftees as they have enough on their plate learning what it is now to be a professional sportsperson and the requirements by the club that come with that.
I'm not discounting any previous thought in this matter as everyone is entitled to an opinion.

New Lion wins time trial
17 January 2014
Sam Lord

James Aish and Lewis Taylor might have generated most of the Brisbane Lions’ post-Draft buzz, but Nick Robertson could emerge as the bolter from the latest crop of draftees.

Robertson was recruited to the Lions with their final selection (Pick No.34 overall) at last November’s AFL Draft as a strongly built midfielder with elite endurance.

And the West Australian teenager showcased his supreme running ability by passing the post first in the team’s 2km time trial after the Christmas break.

The feat was even more remarkable considering he'd spent a large part of pre-Christmas training as part of the rehab group.

Robertson is the latest first year player to make an immediate impact in the pre-season time trials, after Marco Paparone and Michael Close set the standard on the track in the lead-up to last season.

“Nick Robertson won (the time trial), which is a good effort from a first year player, particularly considering he’d been in rehab over the Christmas period with a quad strain. So it was a good effort from Nick,” Physical Performance Manager Brett Burton told LIONS TV.

Robertson_Training-hero.jpg

Link - http://www.lions.com.au/news/2014-01-17/new-lion-wins-time-trial

Remove this Banner Ad

Back