Nick Malceski - on the move.

Remove this Banner Ad

Warnock is crap... That's why he struggles to get a game.

I don't think you're understanding, he doesn't get a game because they have May and Thompson.
Warnock is nothing more than a depth player for injuries.

What do you do with one of Thompson and May if Frawley is recruited....they are both too good for being backups.

They already have Sam Day and Lynch in the forward line with a resting Dixon forward/ruck.

They need experienced mids through the HB centre and HF line more than a KP defender.

I don't think clubs would make statements saying they've got cash in the bank to aggressively recruit...

You mean like Greg Swan...coming out and saying that at all the clubs he has worked at he has never seen such a salary cap like Brisbane's with so much room to move to aggressively recruit......good call.

Yep. Who can forget Jed Lamb the million dollar merino...
Or Shame Mumford or Jessie White etc.

Lamb's contract that GWS are regretting, Bradshaw's contract sticking with us, jude bolton, .......... we havnt lost anyone over the last couple of years... not to mention the change in veterans rules which we were able to use to our advantage.

With Ball leaving, Maxwell and Q stick retiring, and possibily Beams and Goldsack as well, I think we can afford to go after Frawley. Personally I am willing to give him a 600k 4 year deal, as he will offer great versatility and flexibility to our team

With Ball leaving, Maxwell and Q stick retiring, and possibily Beams and Goldsack as well, I think we can afford to go after Frawley. Personally I am willing to give him a 600k 4 year deal, as he will offer great versatility and flexibility to our team
You need him more than any of the other teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Word is that the Suns are the only club to have offered a 3 year deal, but Mal is waiting until the stupid coaching situation resolves itself before making a decision.

I heard that Melbourne has bowed out of the war for Malceski due to losing their compo pick for Frawley should they sign Mal through FA.

Word is that the Suns are the only club to have offered a 3 year deal, but Mal is waiting until the stupid coaching situation resolves itself before making a decision.

I heard that Melbourne has bowed out of the war for Malceski due to losing their compo pick for Frawley should they sign Mal through FA.

Any idea who the WA club that is targetting him?

Was Melbourne the Vic club looking at him?

Any idea who the WA club that is targetting him?

Was Melbourne the Vic club looking at him?
Yep, it was the Dees who were looking at him, but have since bowed out apparently.

As for the WA club, I'm 90% certain it was Freo, but I'm not sure mate

I heard both Perth clubs where interested.

If he does go anywhere I'm hoping it its Gold Coast

What band compo would Malceski receive if the Suns offer looked like 3 years at 500K? Any chance of band 1?

Not band 1.

Age is taken into consideration as well (along with length and cash), that would be band 2 or band 3, if the 3rd year (as reported) is dependent on certain clauses I am not sure they would count it.

Band 2 is only 1 pick later for the swan anyway, but Band 3 is 18 picks further back (give or take a few).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back