Retired Nick Riewoldt

Remove this Banner Ad

Was just looking at the great mans career stats

In the 17 finals matches he's played, He's only spent less than 95% of playing time on the field in two games, added with 8 games without coming off for a breather !

That is an amazing feat in the modern games, especially for such a tireless runner

We will miss this champion !

Next week against Gold Coast (assuming he plays and doesn't miss) will overtake Spud Frawley as playing the most games as captain of the St Kilda Football Club.

Congratulations Roo fantastic achievement by a champion player of our great club.

First announced as captain in 2005:
58869.jpg

2007:
1487.jpg

2008:
163291.jpg

2009: (Don't see a presser photo so will just do a normal picture)
176227.jpg

2010:

200547.jpg

2011:
225094.jpg

224998.jpg

2012:
247449.jpg

247447.jpg

2013:
279216.jpg

279208.jpg

2014:
315930.jpg

Nick Riewoldt is an inspiration........as a person, let alone as a footballer.
As a leader he's nailed professionalism, integrity, consistency, humility and loyalty, and the broader football community admires him enormously. It's a monumental achievement by a great guy.
No wonder the boys love playing alongside him.
May the gods of good fortune be with him so he keeps performing at the peak of his game and continues to lead us out of the wilderness.
Good one, Rooey!

Not sure - he loves the US and has said he would move there with Katherine to Texas I think? Otherwise he is a natural in the media and is already showing it on channel 7....

Will have to come back to Aus for winters in order to see his 5 sons play for us!:rainbow:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The man is Tasmanian, there's no way he wont be back regularly. Its like a Vampire returning to his coffin of Transylvanian earth.

In the photos.. 2013 haircut was the best :drunk:

If I'm anyone of power at the saints, Roo doesn't play a game an away game outside of Melbourne the whole year. He signed a contract for 2 years and needs to start having DNP - old. It's not saying he's injured or will get injured but the facts are resting players helps long term.

Also with a young family now would be good to keep him in Melb as much as possible, I would of done the same with Lenny last year aswell. Joey the same

If I'm anyone of power at the saints, Roo doesn't play a game an away game outside of Melbourne the whole year. He signed a contract for 2 years and needs to start having DNP - old. It's not saying he's injured or will get injured but the facts are resting players helps long term.

Also with a young family now would be good to keep him in Melb as much as possible, I would of done the same with Lenny last year aswell. Joey the same

You start doing that , they lose their fitness, you might as well de-list them now.
Montagna could play for another 5 years as far as you know, its the small guys who seem to do it best.

Yeeaaah I don't think Roo will be too happy with that. He is a very, very competitive guy and I don't see how he would agree with that situation even if it would clearly extend his career.

I suspect he might take one or two weeks off next year, similar to 2012. I trust our medicos, he has been able to manage his knee a lot better over the last couple of years.

Lenny would have just retired if we told him that was going to be our approach with him. He was concerned that he was taking the place of a young player and would only play if he legitimately had a merit-based place on the list. Asking him to not play interstate would be the writing on the wall.

No way.

Yeah not with his knee being in the good condition it has been for over the last year. I would not be surprised if he plays past 2016 barring major injury. We forget just how much of an athletic freak he really is and does not have the same kind of body most other people have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back