Rumour Nick Stevens assault charges

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...141385315?nk=5d45885383fc55928186c35b4456de0d

ONE-time Carlton star Nick Stevens left his former partner lying in a pool of blood after threatening to kill her, a court has heard.
The woman told the court she heard her “cheek pop” as Stevens slammed her head into the wall of the kitchen at their Traralgon home on February 10 last year.

She had accused him of cheating on her.

She said: “He said, ‘I’m going to kill you.’ He said, ‘I’m going to beat you to within an inch of your life.

“I was on the floor and I thought, ‘Is this the day he’s going to kill me?”

The former midfielder, 34, who played 231 games for Carlton and Port Adelaide, is in Ringwood Magistrates’ Court facing 43 charges relating to assault, making threats to kill and contacting a witness in a criminal investigation.

Currently Glenelg coach in the SANFL.
Previously Gippsland Power TAC Cup and NSW Rams coach.
Following a career coach path.
Now???

IF the allegations are true = absolute scum.

That doesn't sound good at all, especially if there's photographic proof of injuries.

She said that Stevens had repeatedly begged her not to leave him and that he would harm himself if she left.

A common theme in lot of domestic violence cases unfortunately, including one I know of in my own (extended) family.

He has always been a s**t bloke i remember hearing a few years ago there were a few blokes after him for some s**t he pulled with a bloke at a pub one night

I wish they wouldn't report bad things ex-players do by referring to their club in the headline and opening paragraph. It just tarnishes the club for no good reason. Hell, he played more games for Port than he did for Carlton and hasn't been with us for 5 years. Leave it out.

I wish they wouldn't report bad things ex-players do by referring to their club in the headline and opening paragraph. It just tarnishes the club for no good reason. Hell, he played more games for Port than he did for Carlton and hasn't been with us for 5 years. Leave it out.
Personally I thought referring to him as a Carlton "great" was more offensive.

As for you bemoaning the club name being used, maybe you should be lecturing (or acting) to those where you have some influence?

Hey, at least Stevens played games for your club.

As for you bemoaning the club name being used, maybe you should be lecturing (or acting) to those where you have some influence?

My comments are directed at the media. I have no influence with the media. It's still a fair observation though. They do like to tie transgressors into past lives for emphasis.

You might be referring to Lovett with the 'played games' bit ... I assume. Not something St Kilda should carry the can for, but the difference was he was in the company of teammates and in the employ of the club.

Something that happens years after a player leaves is a bit rich. Scotland being a former Carlton player when talking about his assault that happened when at the club, is something I'm going to have to live with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

karma for who? Stevens? Carlton? His Partner?
Leave the karma s**t out of it as it's not relevant to the situation nor really has any relevance at all. Just something one uses when they have nothing to add.

In respect to allegations of Stevens laying hands on another, the law won't look kindly on such acts regardless of the real circumstances.

when he first came to melbourne he also had girlfriend issues with the 1st cousin of one of melbourne biggest underworld figures, lots of threats not sure if anything physical however.

... is something I'm going to have to live with.
I think you're going to have to live with it in all circumstances. I'm guessing too, like is usually the case, you're more concerned with the "brand" than you are about any injustice.

The media try to make stories relevant to as many people as possible. So any link they can establish is fair game (even if that link is only schadenfreude).

I don't see that changing any time soon (and only getting worse).

In respect to allegations of Stevens laying hands on another, the law won't look kindly on such acts regardless of the real circumstances.
What's that suppose to mean?

I recall when he was at Port a girl I knew mentioned he kept a woman in every city so when Port played interstate he had a 'go to'. Had a girlfriend here at the time as well. Seems like a top bloke o_O

I'm guessing too, like is usually the case, you're more concerned with the "brand" than you are about any injustice.

Must you read into everything?

Does a comment about the cynicism involved in tying these incidents to AFL clubs, have any bearing on the justice of the case? My first comment in this thread addressed the alleged incident. My second addressed a personal distaste towards a practice, regardless of the club.

What's that suppose to mean?

Didn't word it particularly well at all.

Many still have a tendency to excuse violence as a means to some sort of end.
Irrespective of who may have cheated on who and who and regardless of how good ones story may be to justify a situation, violence is not an excuse.

If Stevens did what has been reported, he has to go.

I recall when he was at Port a girl I knew mentioned he kept a woman in every city so when Port played interstate he had a 'go to'. Had a girlfriend here at the time as well. Seems like a top bloke o_O
He wouldn't be the only one.

These blokes have women throwing themselves at them almost nightly.

An old female friend of mine was dumbfounded at the time to learn that a well known former Bulldogs captain was named father of the year in the late 90's, only weeks after he'd ****ed her best friend.

As for Stevens, well, if what she is saying is correct then he's a ******* dog.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back