Rumour Nick Stevens assault charges

Remove this Banner Ad

Th
how do you make up a pool of blood and injuries that bad?
from evidence presented it's all hear say.. No witnesses saw any physical abuse and it was all reported over 12 months after the allegations. More than likely just another stupid attention seeking low life trying to get her 5 mins in the sun after he prob broke up with her. The media sensatiolize the case to what ever sells more papers

Th

from evidence presented it's all hear say.. No witnesses saw any physical abuse and it was all reported over 12 months after the allegations. More than likely just another stupid attention seeking low life trying to get her 5 mins in the sun after he prob broke up with her. The media sensatiolize the case to what ever sells more papers

Why is it okay to assume that she's an 'attention seeking low life' rather than a victim of a crime? Most people on here have been careful to preface their statements with 'if this is true'. You've jumped straight into victim blaming.

THIS attitude is why it's so hard to report domestic violence.

Why is it okay to assume that she's an 'attention seeking low life' rather than a victim of a crime? Most people on here have been careful to preface their statements with 'if this is true'. You've jumped straight into victim blaming.

THIS attitude is why it's so hard to report domestic violence.
I strongly disagree with the "attention seeking low life" connotation as well, but surely there must be a possibility (no matter how minor) that he didn't do this ...right?

Th

So what is your decision Judge?

Th

Speaking of low life.:rolleyes:

Th

And we move into stage 3: Blame the victim.

Th

You shameful scum.

Th

wasnt there medical reports?

you do realise women suffering from domestic abuse are often too scared to seek help/intervention?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That doesn't sound good at all, especially if there's photographic proof of injuries.

A common theme in lot of domestic violence cases unfortunately, including one I know of in my own (extended) family.
It happened to an ex of mine and now they are getting married.

Still troubles me, as the guy seems a dead set psychopath.

Judging by this thread you'd think he's already been found guilty.
Poor form guys, pull your heads in.
The first is fair, the second is stupid.
A flock of sheep hanging on to every word that pathetic excuse for a paper writes, I hope you are all back here next week apologising. What an ignorant and mindless society we live in.
This is a bit strong.

The presumption of innocence is important, though people are commenting with a preface. Why would anyone be back here next week apologising?

Th

Geez you lost the moral high ground quickly

“It’s a disappointing story to hear about yourself,” Stevens said.

“It will play out in time and the truth will eventually come out.”

Stevens also told News Corp that the allegations were completely untrue and he had “done absolutely nothing wrong”.

"The whole thing is 150 per cent false," he said.

"I wish I could go into it more. I have done the right thing and being slammed for it, I can tell you I have done absolutely nothing wrong."

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8876053

I don't understand the "done the right thing" bit at all. It will be interesting to hear his side of the story.

He's obviously an absolute Karmichael that deserves to be locked up if he's eventually found to be guilty.

Seriously that is disgusting. I hope no woman who has been the victim of domestic violence comes in here and sees that because that is horrible.

Again not disagreeing with what you said, but if Stevens is found not guilty then should the woman involved face criticism/penalty? If (and again it is a big if) he is found not guilty she has basically destroyed his reputation and job prospects and other parts of his life, not to mention taxpayers money via the DPP.

Seriously that is disgusting. I hope no woman who has been the victim of domestic violence comes in here and sees that because that is horrible.

Too late.

And that's exactly why I say it's so hard to report domestic violence. When you hear things like the statement that you quoted, or things like "well you should just do what you're told so you don't set him off", it sends you back down the spiral of no confidence and fear every time.

Again not disagreeing with what you said, but if Stevens is found not guilty then should the woman involved face criticism/penalty? If (and again it is a big if) he is found not guilty she has basically destroyed his reputation and job prospects and other parts of his life, not to mention taxpayers money via the DPP.
Only if the whole thing was found to be a deliberate, conscious attempt at a stitch up.

throw him in jail!!

shut up attention seeking ****!!

as you can see i don't know anything about this, like everyone else ITT, so i'll offer both standard BF responses

Being found not guilty doesn't necessarily mean it didn't happen.

Being found not guilty doesn't necessarily mean it didn't happen.

Not guilty is not guilty. Just like we'll all have to suck it up when Hirdy strolls out after a not guilty ASADA verdict and tells us all 'we didn't do anything wrong'.. We are going to have to suck it up, just like this chic will have to if she doesn't have evidence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back