Scandal Nick Stevens may be jailed - Multiple counts of assaulting a woman

"Sustained violence". What a ******* s**t prick. As is anyone who does this.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/03/11/03/35/ex-afl-player-stevens-returns-to-court

Former AFL player Nick Stevens has been warned he will feel the full force of the law for his sustained violence against a woman he used to date.

Magistrate Nunzio La Rosa said at a plea hearing in Ringwood that Stevens was entitled to no discount on his sentence after contesting allegations he attacked a woman in 2012 and 2013.

The 35-year-old former Carlton and Port Adelaide player was found guilty of 12 charges, including two counts of intentionally causing injury, following a trial.

"There is no discount, there is no remorse," Magistrate La Rosa said on Wednesday.

I understand it's their job, but his lawyer is arguing that 3 months is too harsh as he has already suffered enough through being a famous identity and losing his coaching job. With the massive focus on domestic violence there is no way s**t like that will fly. He should be punished to the fullest extent, piece of filth obviously has little regard for the law considering how long this s**t went on after his ex took out an AVO.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I understand it's their job, but his lawyer is arguing that 3 months is too harsh as he has already suffered enough through being a famous identity and losing his coaching job. With the massive focus on domestic violence there is no way s**t like that will fly. He should be punished to the fullest extent, piece of filth obviously has little regard for the law considering how long this s**t went on after his ex took out an AVO.

Well if you understand this I'm not sure why you are questioning his actions.

Well if you understand this I'm not sure why you are questioning his actions.

Read again, I didn't question his actions, I simply stated what they are, that I think it's outlandish reasoning to try and have his sentence reduced and what I think the outcome would/should be.

So your only objection here is the content of my post, which you clearly didn't read properly, and not the length of the sentence suggested?

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Read again, I didn't question his actions, I simply stated what they are and what I think the outcome would/should be.

So your only objection here is the content of my post, which you clearly didn't read properly, and not the length of the sentence suggested?

I'm not objecting to anyone, I'm just making it clear to you that the defence lawyer is doing his job. Whether you agree with the likelihood of that coming to fruition is irrelevant really.

I'm not objecting to anyone, I'm just making it clear to you that the defence lawyer is doing his job. Whether you agree with the likelihood of that coming to fruition is irrelevant really.

Congratulations on making something clear that I obviously understood already. Going by your statement as virtually all discussion on here is irrelevant, I look forward to you quoting and pointing out the frivolity of each of the millions of posts on this forum.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Congratulations on making something clear that I obviously understood already. Going by your statement as virtually all discussion on here is irrelevant, I look forward to you quoting and pointing out the frivolity of each of the millions of posts on this forum.

I'm not sure you did understand it to be honest, but I was happy to help your comprehension in the matter, you're welcome! :thumbsu:

Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knicks, Giants
A "mate" I have is "mates" with someone extremely close to Stevens.
During his time at Carlton he would have playboy style partys with all the booze supplied and top notch chicks.
Its quite obvious that he thinks his "s**t dont stink"

10 years for belting someone

Yeah, that's about right
Five counts of assault, two charges of intentionally causing injury, three of making threats to kill and single counts of threatening serious injury and criminal damage.

3 months is in no way adequate.

May 15, 2006
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The Cobblers who do the Cobbling
Five counts of assault, two charges of intentionally causing injury, three of making threats to kill and single counts of threatening serious injury and criminal damage.

3 months is in no way adequate.

I didn't say 3 months is inadequate, you seem to be familiar with the case.

The article didn't go into detail re: the charges, were they over a sustained period of their relationship, or concentrated to say, a weekend when she dumped him or something, and he went on a bender.

Sep 28, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon
I didn't say 3 months is inadequate, you seem to be familiar with the case.

The article didn't go into detail re: the charges, were they over a sustained period of their relationship, or concentrated to say, a weekend when she dumped him or something, and he went on a bender.

Well when you put it like that.......

She should apologise to him.:rolleyes:

Back