Status
Not open for further replies.

passmark

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Hi.

Blues fan here nursing a bruised ego after a complete smashing at the hands of a hard tackling, fast running and good kicking team last night.

It's pretty clear players who can work in close, then spread and can kick well are in high demand.

Nick Suban meets the criteria but doesn't seem to be ale to cement a spot in your first 22, which speaks volumes for the quality of player you have. Your fringe players are guys like Suban, ours are guys like Ellard (hard worker but limited).

So, and this is a genuine question, what do you think would be fair compensation for a trade for Suban?

Hi.

Blues fan here nursing a bruised ego after a complete smashing at the hands of a hard tackling, fast running and good kicking team last night.

It's pretty clear players who can work in close, then spread and can kick well are in high demand.

Nick Suban meets the criteria but doesn't seem to be ale to cement a spot in your first 22, which speaks volumes for the quality of player you have. Your fringe players are guys like Suban, ours are guys like Ellard (hard worker but limited).

So, and this is a genuine question, what do you think would be fair compensation for a trade for Suban?

Yarran or Garlett.

Hi.

This isn't some cute way of trying to give us Robert Warnock is it?

This isn't some cute way of trying to give us Robert Warnock is it?

Haha,

Hey that would be great but poor ol' Robbie isn't worth a hell of a lot but, if you'd like to give us a discount because you used the pick we gave you for Warnock back when on Suban, I'll take it.:D

Hi.

Yarran.

how-about-1.jpg

Suban isn't the answer to your problems, he doesn't get enough of the footy. Blues need to go to the draft, and draft as many decent players as they can. But in answer to your question, I imagine we would chase a second round draft pick, no point exchanging fringe players. Doubt Suban wants to leave though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Entertaining the hypothetical, although there are others I would like to cut from the list before Suban, I would say pick 24 or something involving Yarran (IMO a small defender/Duffield replacement for us).

Hi.

Does anyone know how we got Suban in the first place? ;)

Suban isn't the answer to your problems, he doesn't get enough of the footy. Blues need to go to the draft, and draft as many decent players as they can. But in answer to your question, I imagine we would chase a second round draft pick, no point exchanging fringe players. Doubt Suban wants to leave though.

Pretty sure Subes is on our longest contract atm.
Nic will be a one club player I reckon.

Does anyone know how we got Suban in the first place? ;)

I know. That's one of the reasons I keep an eye on Suban.

I think that in a lot of sides Suban would be an immediate starter. Lyon has made him hungry and hard, but you guys have so much quality around the ball he can't get a look in.

I also think Lyons ultra defensive game style also plays against Suban.

Put it this way, the WCE just made a big song and dance about signing Gaff and AFAIC Suban is Gaff with G&D.

Really, Jesse Hogan is the only player in the AFL who would force you to part with a player not in our best 22? You wouldn't give up Suban for someone like Jaeger O'Mera or Tom Boyd? You'd be a tough nut to crack at the trade table.

Really, Jesse Hogan is the only player in the AFL who would force you to part with a player not in our best 22? You wouldn't give up Suban for someone like Jaeger O'Mera or Tom Boyd? You'd be a tough nut to crack at the trade table.

Your lack of perception is mind boggling, google piss take.

How about Waite, in great form and an instant fill in for a KPF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back