NICK SUBAN: What would you demand?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Suban and what he brings to the team both on and off the field.

Yes he is a fringe player like DeBoer (this year) but I think there is another position in the team that he could be best 22 (reckon DeBoer is working on some explosives for Crowley's car!). In my view, we have learned that he is not a high possession midfielder or high half forward, so what about deep in the backline. Really like the depth of his clearing kick over some others.

He is contracted and can be best 22.

Duffield's spot possibly. Duffield probably only has another year or 2 left in him.

I doubt Suban could play as a lockdown small defender. But he could play as the distributor (Duffield's role).

Somebody will pick him up , he is only 28 next year , might want a 2 years contract where Freo can only offer one , Freo might even pick him again with their last rookie pick if no taker.

Interesting thread in retrospect. We're starting to see the team that made the run disappear. They were all characters. Miss seeing angry armed Suban.

Somebody will pick him up , he is only 28 next year , might want a 2 years contract where Freo can only offer one , Freo might even pick him again with their last rookie pick if no taker.

Nah, zero chance of him being here next year. We didn't even offer him a minimum wage 1 year deal.

Might get picked up as a DFA by a team like the Suns though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi.

Blues fan here nursing a bruised ego after a complete smashing at the hands of a hard tackling, fast running and good kicking team last night.

It's pretty clear players who can work in close, then spread and can kick well are in high demand.

Nick Suban meets the criteria but doesn't seem to be ale to cement a spot in your first 22, which speaks volumes for the quality of player you have. Your fringe players are guys like Suban, ours are guys like Ellard (hard worker but limited).

So, and this is a genuine question, what do you think would be fair compensation for a trade for Suban?
A refund

I was in my shop serving Adam McPhee way back when first year back from Essendon, Got chatting about things Freo, He rated Suban very highly maybe Subes first year as well (stand corrected). Adam was very impressed with his work ethic , Attitude and tank ,just running machine as described by him , But he turned out to be no champion and just a honest footballer , Because one description not used supremely skilful , Cool under pressure , Great decision maker , That is the sort of player we need , Please no more honest workhorses in this draft , i am over it

I was in my shop serving Adam McPhee way back when first year back from Essendon, Got chatting about things Freo, He rated Suban very highly maybe Subes first year as well (stand corrected). Adam was very impressed with his work ethic , Attitude and tank ,just running machine as described by him , But he turned out to be no champion and just a honest footballer , Because one description not used supremely skilful , Cool under pressure , Great decision maker , That is the sort of player we need , Please no more honest workhorses in this draft , i am over it

Suban made the under 18's All Australian team twice - firstly as an underage player and then in his draft year. With that form he was only taken in the early 20's in the draft which might be an indication that he was ready to mix it physically in his first year of AFL but maybe long term the upside wasn't going to be there. It could be why we see him play in a way where he thinks he can bust out of a pack of players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back