Nick Suban - When?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a lighter note, I've always loved how angsty and angry Suban gets. Plays with so much passion and bleeds purple. I find it hilarious sometimes when you see Suban having a crack at someone, most of the time for nothing :p I remember that time when you could hear him say "you f**ing would you campaigner" to Heath Shaw through the umps mic after Shaw kicked Ballas in the nuts. Classic Subes.
I find that stuff a facade for lack of ability. It leads to dumb arse stuff like almost breaking your neck because you fumbled a mark.

I find that stuff a facade for lack of ability. It leads to dumbass stuff like almost breaking your neck because you fumbled a mark.
Possibly. That was very dumb and we all know he's prone to a few dumb things each game. It can be entertaining though every now and then watching him go apeshit.

Members of the FFC game day selection committee who post here.
Other punters who think the committee has a clue.
Ok, so firstly some hearsay about committee members who post here and then an inference that if you don't agree with every decision the committee makes you don't think they have a clue.

Both 'points' completely irrelevant to the discussion.

I really feel he is being undersold here. Yes he's not the most polished midfielder in our group, but he's not picked to play a Mundy or Fyfe role, he's picked to play his role which is to be another hard running, hard tackling member of a great midfield. The fact he has a great kick on him is an added bonus.

Look at any premiership winning midfield from the past 10 years: Sydney had Sean Dempster, Nick Fosdike, and Paul Bevan in 05 and Craig Bird and Mitch Morton in 2012, Hawthorn 08 had Ladson, Osborne, Ellis and Young, christ even the "super midfield" Eagles team of 06 had Rowan Jones. I'd rate Suban equal to or better than any of those players.

Every successful team has a Suban in it, as long as he continues to work as hard as he has on gameday, I don't see why he shouldn't keep his spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Solid gif but we both know that defensive pressure/tackling in the forward line is not the same as getting knocked silly in those midfield battles where Sandi just drops it at his feet and every one of our blokes goes hurtling straight at the ball, no matter who's in the way.

I wasn't really arguing that we should play Crozier in the centre square, more arguing with your statement that he isn't up to AFL hardness. I wouldn't have Crozier lining up at a centre bounce at this stage of his career. But I don't think he lacks any hardness.

On a lighter note, I've always loved how angsty and angry Suban gets. Plays with so much passion and bleeds purple. I find it hilarious sometimes when you see Suban having a crack at someone, most of the time for nothing :p I remember that time when you could hear him say "you f**ing would you campaigner" to Heath Shaw through the umps mic after Shaw kicked Ballas in the nuts. Classic Subes.
This post has just informed what "campaigner" means on this website.. only taken nigh on two years. I must have a Suban level of general intelligence

Anyone have footage of the headbutt tackle? I think I missed it.

Re Suban, he is performing adequately, but we wouldn't lose anything (or at least enough to make a difference to the result) by instead putting games into future thoroughbreds like Weller. Rotate the best 25 through the team while we can afford to, it isn't that hard

Anyone have footage of the headbutt tackle? I think I missed it.

Re Suban, he is performing adequately, but we wouldn't lose anything (or at least enough to make a difference to the result) by instead putting games into future thoroughbreds like Weller. Rotate the best 25 through the team while we can afford to, it isn't that hard

Can't find the actual footage it was pretty much like this.

Onya Subes. His goal in the second was our only one for the quarter and I thought it helped keep us in the contest at a time when we were struggling to adjust to wet weather footy.

Keep splitting the big ones, Nick, and there'll be a spot in the team for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back