Training NMFC in Utah - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

i think the roos should play a game while they are here (like in LA in 2006). cant believe its been 10 years already since i saw my first (and only) footy game in person. meet ron barassi and dr allen aylett. got my picture taken with them both (my dad was in the picture too). need to find it.

i think the roos should play a game while they are here (like in LA in 2006). cant believe its been 10 years already since i saw my first (and only) footy game in person. meet ron barassi and dr allen aylett. got my picture taken with them both (my dad was in the picture too). need to find it.
Should organise a quick flight to Utah mate and catch up with the boys at training camp.

The question needs to be asked
If a 37 yr old man is already back training,where is the rest of the squad?
Also if any of them are less than 195cms they had better keep up with Boomer

People respond differently to different methods.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This going to Utah s**t needs to cease.

Training here is just as beneficial.
It's not just about the training. It's the younger players being around each other. Building team culture.

It's not just about the training. It's the younger players being around each other. Building team culture.

It's also a bonus trip that helps build a culture of players wanting to stay. It's more then just the training. It's about getting the lads all entrenched in with the club. It's the bonding/playing for each other/ playing for NMFC.
Look at all these Gen Y kids that are leaving the clubs they are drafted to after two years. Whether the trip to Utah has a positive effect their development is debatable. Weather the trip to Utah has a positive effect on their binding as a group is undoubtable. In this current climate getting kids to want to play for NMFC and stay at the club is crucial. A bonus trip to Utah could be the difference between hanging on to a first rounder and losing him two years later for s pick 25-35. We don't have academies, we have history and culture. It's our way of keeping up with the current climate

I'm starting to thing gen Y want more bells & whistles. If it takes a trip to Utah to hook them long term then it's a good investment. Yeah? No?
Considering the trip is largely player funded, or it used to be in its first few years, I would think it would have no effect.

They can't bond here ?
They go home each night. They have their friends and family here for the most part. There they are immersed with each other, being guided not just in training but in preparation and mentality and then have each other to rely on for the down time. That builds strong bonds.

They go home each night. They have their friends and family here for the most part. There they are immersed with each other, being guided not just in training but in preparation and mentality and then have each other to rely on for the down time. That builds strong bonds.

So set up a camp in remote WA.

SAS style.

It would, but Utah isn't the only place where this can occur though. Seems a very expensive way to go about it, surely there must be measurable physical benefits that we consider more important than bonding to justify the cost.

What do Hawthorn do?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back