NMFC mentions on television & wireless

Nah, that's Eddies.

IIRC I visited that joint twice in my life.

It could be mine Gaso. I used to frequent the place and had one of those. Where it is now I wouldn't have a clue but then again, the state I left the joint in each night meant I was usually clueless, and legless, so that's no surprise.

Jan 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
SA Spurs, GB Packers, Chelsea
Used to be good, that is..... It's been cut from our training regime due to the risk of injury from the rock and scissor part of the game.
You under-rate the danger inherrent in the papercut. From now on only tissue paper will be used, practice golf balls (the plastic ones with holes in them) as rocks and tongs instead of scissors.

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yesterday, speaking on abc radio southwestwa drive the CEO of Tourism WA Evan Hall was talking about the benefits of the new Perth stadium to regional WA. He mentioned how there was not much support for AFL on the Gold Coast and that the idea of a team there was only to get Victorian supporters up there to boost tourism. [ Can't find a link.]

Thewlis Dish

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
FGR
Interesting (albeit quite long) read:

http://www.theroar.com.au/2015/06/10/the-flawed-contender-north-need-backs-to-move-forward/

Apart from referring to Hansen as Henderson, this guy makes some good points and is certainly not a North basher as he predicts that we'll finish fourth at the end of the H&A rounds. Bigeasy will be very interested in his solution to our defensive woes.

I read that and I'm not sure why he seems intent on blaming our "putrid" defence when it's clearly an issue with the midfield not winning the footy or putting defensive pressure on, leading to uncontested ball coming in. Also not sure why he thinks Tarrant has been poor, he's been anything but.

Yesterday, speaking on abc radio southwestwa drive the CEO of Tourism WA Evan Hall was talking about the benefits of the new Perth stadium to regional WA. He mentioned how there was not much support for AFL on the Gold Coast and that the idea of a team there was only to get Victorian supporters up there to boost tourism. [ Can't find a link.]

He'd be correct, in part, but there was much more to it than that. It became a battleground for all football codes at the time, with fat Clive running his soccer team to the ground and the Titans fairly established in the NRL, and the AFL's motivation was to penetrate another market for future tv contract negotiations and not just leave it to the other sports.

Looking forward to the new WA stadium. It certainly looks good in renders and will be a massive improvement on that aged dog box in Subi.

469153-pn-new-stadium-burswood.jpg

Thewlis Dish

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
FGR
I reckon Tarrant. Doubt we'd try to talk Grima out of retirement if he wanted to.

Roo Beauty

Norm Smith Medallist
May 16, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Tim Watson just blasted us on the "blowtorch" segment of Talking Footy, and rightly so - he said the inconsistency of effort was not good enough and that Brad Scott needs to make some big decisions on who will take us to a flag.

Although I'm pretty annoyed that he's prepared to criticise us, yet his #sobrave *Bombers don't get any mentions, despite being far more disgraceful than us on the weekend.

Apr 7, 2013
Cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons
Tim Watson just blasted us on the "blowtorch" segment of Talking Footy, and rightly so - he said the inconsistency of effort was not good enough and that Brad Scott needs to make some big decisions on who will take us to a flag.

Although I'm pretty annoyed that he's prepared to criticise us, yet his #sobrave *Bombers don't get any mentions, despite being far more disgraceful than us on the weekend.
Im glad the blow torch is on us. More please.

Back