what song should nmfc have as a pre game song

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly. Suggested as much in another thread that SEX SELLS. :stern look

Not always mate.......

ebc21.jpg

.....unless Half Tonne Mum's your thing of course. :sternerlook

Gentle Art of Making Enemies- Faith No More

But in all seriousness, no pre-game song. If we sold out all of our home games, then maybe. But would be pretty lame with 15,000 people at a game against GWS or more so if we tried it while outnumbered against a higher drawing Melbourne based Club like *. Cringeworthy just thinking about it.

Had an idea...

We should just play the first minute of the new Will Sparks song.

That will get people up and about. The rest of the song is a bit messy, but the first minute is cracker!

Absolutely 100% NO SONG!!!!! I'm not going to the footy to hear myself or anyone else sing. This is yet another wanked up idea designed by old people who think this is what attracts the youth of today. Absolute CRAP. I'm saving my voice to tell Steinberg the free kick paid against him was because his haircut sux.... While I'm ranting, that * wind up air raid siren they put on before the game is garbage. Our game has enough highlights and spectacle to resist this Yankee and Pommy nonsense. Everyone just STFU and let the game create its own tension.

I think the Port 'Never tear us apart' thing is laughable.

Cheap tatt that makes me cringe.

Do. Not. Want.

But it's representative of their club and history and the lyrics are relevant apparently.

I agree the Port thing is the biggest load of wank.

Im one of the audio Ops at Patersons stadium, West Coast play Right Here, Right Now. At the earlier game I noticed the extra audio they do with the crow call.
I asked the West Coast girls if they had every tried anything like that and they said that its one of those things when you get a new club (Gold Coast) or a new stadium (Adelaide, Port etc) its easy to install extras that end up becoming a tradition for the clubs.
West Coast had tried an eagles cry after goals many seasons ago but it didnt catch with the supporters that come every week.
So until they smash down Ettihad or we move back to the G im afraid that it may not work as well.
But then then again that is the West.

From my post in the Kayne Turner thread (Updated game tally and weekend's opponent)

(Sung to the tune of 'Total Eclipse of the Heart)

Turner's round.
So every now and then Phil Davis takes his eyes off the ball and then he's on the ground.
Turner's round.
So every now and then Laird does a total Dyson Heppell and craps his undies at the sound of his feet.
Turner's round.
Every player in the league they get a little bit nervous cause only 18 years have gone by.
Turner's round
And this coming weekend Geelong get bloody terrified
Cause they just saw the look in his eyes.
Turner's round.
Slight rise!
Causing every team to fall apart!
Turner's round
Someone might die!
And he's only played four games it's just the start!

And you need him now tonight!
You need him more than ever!
But we picked him on draft night!
So you'll be holding on forever!

Better look to the left and the right.
Because he'll never be long.

Together we can take it to the end of the line
The Kangas first premiership since Nineteen ninety nine!
You’ll never see him coming he’s smaller than a quark
Now watch him run against the flight and pull down a mark!
It’s gonna happen tonight!
Our new Boomer’s gonna start tonight
Our new Boomer's gonna start tonight
Once upon a time North lacked a push and a shove
Now number forty’s sparked a fresh start.
There’s nothing you can do.
The nineties about to restart!
This seriously deserves more likes haha

There is a niche market in Melbourne for suburban footy.

If there was a 20k- 25k seat stadium(with clean deals for clubs) where the footy started with a TAC match followed by a VFL match followed by an AFL match starting at 2:30 on a Saturday.
This is a great call... could make it 32500 imo though, if its a clean stadium the break even point is sweet FA.

Why not just play the whole club song, you know "Hearts to hearts" etc. Then we can all have the scarves with that or "Beneath the Blue and White we Stand" on them to hold up and it would be a decent display of unity and not so contrived Port wannabe-esque. Why don't they play the whole song anyway BTW, excuse my ignorance?

Why not just play the whole club song, you know "Hearts to hearts" etc. Then we can all have the scarves with that or "Beneath the Blue and White we Stand" on them to hold up and it would be a decent display of unity and not so contrived Port wannabe-esque. Why don't they play the whole song anyway BTW, excuse my ignorance?

Just get our soul brother No 1 Ticket holder Tim Rogers in front of a mike and get him to sing the version he sung on Mangrook - that would be awesome and pay respect to a true believer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The extra part was just added in the 90s by the players when they sing the song and has just kind of stuck correct me if im wrong anyone

Why dont we get Rolph Harris to play Tie me Kangaroo Down Sport? The kids will love it.

Hang on........:oops:
The original version actually has the lines "Let me Abo's go loose Lou, let me Abo's go loose. They're of no further use Lou, so let me Abo's go loose." :eek::oops: Ah, 1960, you were a treasure, just as Rolf was a national treasure.

Just get our soul brother No 1 Ticket holder Tim Rogers in front of a mike and get him to sing the version he sung on Mangrook - that would be awesome and pay respect to a true believer

Why not put Tim on the back of a batmobile and having him singing the song while being driven around the ground?
Nah, in all honesty, that's the version of the song that I'd want played, it's a cracker!
If we win, play the other version after the game, and if we lose, play Blue Monday.

The North Melbourne Football Club has always been innovators, never followers.

If it isn't our idea, then it's a stupid idea.:)

This is very true but I fear that if any of the innovative ideas introduced by NMFC over the decades had first been workshopped by some of the anal retentive conservatives on Big Footy, none of them would have got off the ground.

No Pre Game Song!! Sad Embarresing,i think Liverpool Own that for a Reason..... And Port are No Liverpool!

Back