NMFC v Fremantle Dockers, Ethiad, 1:10 - Rd21, 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Screen Shot 2015-08-23 at 7.45.00 AM.png

Crucial match for both sides, though North more so as they need a win to help secure a top eight berth. North Melbourne are favorites with the bookies for some absurd reason, with the odds ever in North's favor (may the odds be ever in your favor, sorry, couldn't resist). North are $1.67 and Freo 2.25 for the win, so there could be a bit of money made for those that gamble (do it responsibly too guys and girls).

Hansen maybe a late out as North are fairly tall in the backline and he is still coming back from hip soreness and issues.

Screen Shot 2015-08-23 at 7.49.27 AM.png

(AFL excerpt)

The ruck battle will go a long way to determining the match, with Ben Jacobs, who is having a good run of late, looking to tag either Fyfe (huge task) or Hill, who provides so much of Freo's run and class delivering inside fifty. The contest between Swallow, Cunnington, Dal Santo and Harvey v Fremantle's clearance players of Mundy, Neale, Fyfe and co will also come close to determining the result of the match. If North is to win today, it is through the ruck and inside midfield (and tagging) that will go a long way to determining the result today.

My prediction, with no confidence at all, is North by 21 points.

See also: NMFC Board Thread / Fremantle Board Thread
(Please respect all board rules when on club forums)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bad time to play the dockers

They'll be ready to put their foot down after their lackluster performance last week

Purple by 6 goals.

That's what I'm thinking. Tipped the Dockers, but hoping North can take it right up to them. Might gain a small amount of respect if we go 7 straight, including the minor premiers. Will be tough though.

I think North will win this game. They only need to win one game to lock in a home Qualifying Final, and they are likely to win at least one of the games against Port and Melbourne.

Plus, North will probably be a little annoyed at the 72-point loss they suffered against Fremantle earlier in the season, and would be looking to make amends for that

I think North will win this game. They only need to win one game to lock in a home Qualifying Final, and they are likely to win at least one of the games against Port and Melbourne.

Plus, North will probably be a little annoyed at the 72-point loss they suffered against Fremantle earlier in the season, and would be looking to make amends for that

We play the Dogs and Richmond after today?

Edit: I'm assuming you meant Freo, so they won't be going 100% today. Apologies.

We play the Dogs and Richmond after today?

Edit: I'm assuming you meant Freo, so they won't be going 100% today. Apologies.
Yeah, I meant Freo sorry. A mix of Fremantle not going in 100% and North Melbourne going full on could end up ugly for Fremantle

I've tipped Freo, but only because I'm one behind the leader in my comp and I think he would have tipped the Roos.

Not confident at all really.

I've tipped Freo, but only because I'm one behind the leader in my comp and I think he would have tipped the Roos.

Not confident at all really.

Yep, that's the other reason I tipped Freo. I'm on 130, leader on 132.

Ethiad ?

I was confident for pretty much the whole week but now I have a feeling we'll lose, just. :(

Fremantle by 9.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North by 20, Their starting to hit form the kangas.

But want Freo to win.

Not sure North will 'turn up' for this game.

Team is built to reach 80% output. Every single game it takes them 5-10 minutes to score in the first. Every game they play a liability linkman in Gibson. Every game Thomas makes himself some type of barometer that destroys the side at stages and folds them every few weeks.

The lack of understanding of chemistry and the failure to inject speed or youth is what will make Brads house of cards fall over.

There world be literally 500 coaches around that could do a better/on par job as coach.

Luckily Brad is a good spokesman, as he's a list clogger as a manager.

Need a big game from Swallow, and not just in a second to the ball way.

Ethiad ?

I was confident for pretty much the whole week but now I have a feeling we'll lose, just. :(

Fremantle by 9.
Last time we played Freo, Gibson butchered a few turnovers in the first quarter that contributed to them laying down and copping it. If this repeats surely Brad should justify his continual baffling selection.

Corridor footy will always win at Etihad. Question is who will let the other team use it. I think North will be too slick on that basketball court.

Corridor footy will always win at Etihad. Question is who will let the other team use it. I think North will be too slick on that basketball court.
Quick kicking from center bounces isn't corridor footy. Don't you worry, the boundary gets a good work out.

If the Kangas allow Freo to use it aka St Kilda 2 weeks ago we will rest Sandi and Fyfe in the 2nd half. It won't happen though. Fyfe will be tackled at every stoppage just prior to collecting the ball. ensuring another ball up and illegal tackle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back