Opinion No Cloke = No Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

From Maxy’s Weekly Show:

Screen_Shot_2015_08_03_at_4_10_57_PM.png

That is Pretty Daming and Shows how bad our Forward Line is without Cloke.

Moore has Big Time Potential BUT he is only played 4 Games.

Maxy went to say that team is not Confident going into forward line without clone

What?

I thought he was the most overpaid player in the comp, and most overrated key forward:rolleyes:

He is but Production but the flow on effect he has in the Side is Huge.

Another Stats:

Screen_Shot_2015_08_03_at_4_18_32_PM.png

The difference between him and other key forwards we have such as Moore or White, is that Cloke takes at least two defenders inside 50. This makes it a lot easier to find that open man and kick goals. Even if he doesn't kick goals, he's making it much easier to find open men.

From Maxy’s Weekly Show:

Screen_Shot_2015_08_03_at_4_10_57_PM.png

That is Pretty Daming and Shows how bad our Forward Line is without Cloke.

Moore has Big Time Potential BUT he is only played 4 Games.

Maxy went to say that team is not Confident going into forward line without clone
WAs really interesting analysis, and I think highlighted the value of big kpf. J Brown talked about the importance of the leading kpf in bringing other fwds into the game by contesting for the football and providing a target. Think if Reid can get fit and become 2nd fwd then Moore can develop as the third kpf. only question then becomes who cuts out in the ruck. I think Clokey has the tank to do so and adopt a role similar to what Roughhead does at the hawks. throw in motlop if we could get him, faslolo, Elliott and rotating midfielder our forward line looks potent. Quite a few ifs and buts there but you have to be optimistic about the future , because its hard to be optimistic about the present performance of the Pies

The difference between him and other key forwards we have such as Moore or White, is that Cloke takes at least two defenders inside 50. This makes it a lot easier to find that open man and kick goals. Even if he doesn't kick goals, he's making it much easier to find open men.

No Wonder Cloke Dominates our Forward Line as White is Not Good Enough and Moore only played 4 Games.

Also Cloke can lead up the Ground and take 1 or 2 Players with him outside the Forward 50 leaving it more Open

WAs really interesting analysis, and I think highlighted the value of big kpf. J Brown talked about the importance of the leading kpf in bringing other fwds into the game by contesting for the football and providing a target. Think if Reid can get fit and become 2nd fwd then Moore can develop as the third kpf. only question then becomes who cuts out in the ruck. I think Clokey has the tank to do so and adopt a role similar to what Roughhead does at the hawks. throw in motlop if we could get him, faslolo, Elliott and rotating midfielder our forward line looks potent. Quite a few ifs and buts there but you have to be optimistic about the future , because its hard to be optimistic about the present performance of the Pies

Probably Moore since he did play a bit of ruck and is almost 200cm

Probably Moore since he did play a bit of ruck and is almost 200cm
I'm with northpie on this one, I don't think it would be best to chuck Moore in the ruck at his age and frame. In the situation that Cloke, Moore and Reid are playing forward at the same side I'd get Cloke to go in the ruck for a little bit. He certainly has the tank for it and the size, plus he did play a little bit in the ruck when he was younger. I don't think we would see a repeat of the Dawes situation (where he lost all confidence playing in the ruck), I reckon it would actually help Cloke out a bit by giving him a bit of a break from the forwardline and let someone else be the main target up forward. Also to have three talls up forward who can all take contested marks would be so refreshing, I'm so sick of White and his dropped marks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Hawkins, no Geelong. No brown, no Brisbane. No Riewoldt, no Richmond. No Pavlich, no Freo. Etc etc.

Take the no1 forward out of any team and they'll struggle. Especially if there's no recognised second forward ala my examples.

Our top 3 goal kickers have been MIA for one reason or another the last 3 weeks

It's been the issue with Collingwood for some time that we are so reliant on Cloke up forward. Has 2-3 years left of decent footy so we better be looking for someone else to fill the void

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No Hawkins, no Geelong. No brown, no Brisbane. No Riewoldt, no Richmond. No Pavlich, no Freo. Etc etc.

Take the no1 forward out of any team and they'll struggle. Especially if there's no recognised second forward ala my examples.

Stop making sense!
It's also a little bit of a lesson for the AFL...top class forwards are $$$ so much so that its hard to keep more than 2-3 on your list. Back a few decades when every club had their own reserves and U/19's clubs had back up players available in most positions. At one stage Richmond had David Cloke, Alan Edwards, Michael Roach and KB in their senior side and Brian Taylor (a 100 goal AFL FF ) and Mark Jackson ( an 80 goal a year FF) in their reserves!!
Nowadays....you lose a key player (Like a Cloke, Reiwoldt, Hawkins, Pav, Buddy, Cyril.....) and its pretty much season over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back