List Mgmt. NO DISCUSSION. Legit/Semi-legit trade/FA/draft rumours. Just post rumour and source.

Remove this Banner Ad

Meaning we wouldn't use pick 51?

That would be the best outcome. He has been delisted by Brisbane and is free to nominate for the PSD as an un-contracted player.

If that was the intention we would have simply signed him as a delisted free agent rather than risk someone else drafting him before us.

That we haven't means we're only looking at him as a rookie

rookie wouldnt be a bad move.. If we grab his now as a free agent/delisted p[layer its a win either way

I'm not following the relevance of the PSD for DFA's anymore. The next DFA window opens this Wednesday and closes on the Thursday. PSD is on the Friday.

I'm not following the relevance of the PSD for DFA's anymore. The next DFA window opens this Wednesday and closes on the Thursday. PSD is on the Friday.
It's more for players who have walked out on their club (so not delisted) but were not free agents and were not traded.

Is there any other clubs interested in Jed who may beat us to the punch?

Maybe but I doubt they will pick him up before us, particularly if he has indicated he wants to play for us. I think other clubs will give someone like Adcock the respect he deserves and let him choose where he wants to go which is obviously us.

Really good decision from our list management staff. We don't need a whole another batch of 18 year olds, but some ready to go types who fit the mould. Adcock fits that nicely.

Hopefully we get Adams as well and best available with our other two picks.

Maybe but I doubt they will pick him up before us, particularly if he has indicated he wants to play for us. I think other clubs will give someone like Adcock the respect he deserves and let him choose where he wants to go which is obviously us.

Really good decision from our list management staff. We don't need a whole another batch of 18 year olds, but some ready to go types who fit the mould. Adcock fits that nicely.

Hopefully we get Adams as well and best available with our other two picks.
I wonder if he really wants to come to us or if we are simply the only bidder? THis is not to say he's unhappy he'll be coming to us, but if some higher bidder came through he might yet go to them. I'd still rather have him as a rookie, but wouldn't be too fussed if he went elsewhere.

I wonder if he really wants to come to us or if we are simply the only bidder? THis is not to say he's unhappy he'll be coming to us, but if some higher bidder came through he might yet go to them. I'd still rather have him as a rookie, but wouldn't be too fussed if he went elsewhere.

I strongly doubt another team would trump us and pick him up. Seems to me he has virtually agreed to be on our list one way or another and I think teams will be respectful enough to think of him literally as a DFA and he can choose where he wants to go. It's not as if Jacob Weitering is demnading to play for the dogs and other teams have the opportunity to snare him.

Jed has well and truly enough runs on the board that other teams respect his wishes.

I think he'd be happy to come back and play for us he's a former North Ballarat boy and would probably love to get a chance to play at Eureka Stadium when it's finished

Jed has well and truly enough runs on the board that other teams respect his wishes.
This may be so but I think it's got a fair bit to do with him being 30 and having perhaps only 2 good seasons left. Very useful for a club with our age/experience profile but not much use to other clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back