List Mgmt. NO DISCUSSION. Legit/Semi-legit trade/FA/draft rumours. Just post rumour and source.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm struggling to keep up with the Trades thread. It grows faster than I read it. What we need is a weekly synopsis of the status of our off season. I'll have a stab but happy to have it corrected or updated:

DONE DEALS
Delistings - Sam Darley, Matt Fuller, Ayce Cordy, Daniel Pearce (R), Josh Kelly (R), Brett Goodes (R)

Retirements/walkouts/FAs - nil

Trades - nil

ON THE TABLE
Jarrad Grant is a free agent, has not had a new contract offered and is reported to have cleared out his locker.

The club is strongly rumoured to be into Jake Carlisle and has reportedly made an offer but he is yet to nominate his preferred club.

Will Minson is contracted but there have been hints we won't stand in his way if he chooses to go elsewhere. However no indication from his camp on a possible move.

Michael Talia is on the nose at VUWO due to him being linked to alleged leaks of game plan info to the Crows (yet to be proven). He had been offered a 2 year extension but has not accepted. Sydney and Adelaide (?) have apparently shown some interest.

Nathan Hrovat has been mentioned numerous times as trade bait but nothing has come from the club. Is contracted.

OFF THE TABLE
Although clubs have asked for Luke Dahlhaus he is almost certainly not on the table.

Suggestions from Carlton sources that Tom Boyd can be prised free seem to have no serious basis, despite lots of hypotheticals in the trades thread.

Zac Clarke and Matt Kreuzer have re-signed with their respective clubs.

WHISPERS
If Carlisle doesn't eventuate we could have a crack at Lachie Henderson.

Leuenberger, McEvoy as possible ruck targets.

We could be angling for a trade up to get pick 1 or at least for something higher than our current pick (11) which is supposedly "not on the table".

NEEDS
Ruck.
Key Defender.
Good stuff mate. I've added a few more things to the OP and deleted/summarised older info. I can try to keep that a bit more up to date

Nothing specific - just disappointed that comments were made publically when the investigation is running it's course.
Subtle crack at Watson too who questioned why we took the matter to the AFL (his article slammed us a couple of days ago) - Bevo said "you blokes" would get ahold of the story so decided to go public with it.

Does Bevo have an MBA? It's crisis management 101 - little doubt Watson (and his Essendon cronies) are ignorant of this given their handling of the supplements scandal.

He worked with the Tax office - knows all about checks and balances ; )

Good stuff mate. I've added a few more things to the OP and deleted/summarised older info. I can try to keep that a bit more up to date
Sorry Bobby2 I missed that you were updating the OP.
Didn't mean to cut across your bows! :oops:

Nothing specific - just disappointed that comments were made publically when the investigation is running it's course.
Subtle crack at Watson too who questioned why we took the matter to the AFL (his article slammed us a couple of days ago) - Bevo said "you blokes" would get ahold of the story so decided to go public with it.

Does Bevo have an MBA? It's crisis management 101 - little doubt Watson (and his Essendon cronies) are ignorant of this given their handling of the supplements scandal.
One would think given he worked at the ATO as an investigator, he would know his stuff regarding diffusing situations.

Bump. I want to be able to find this easier when I'm updating it. OP is currently up to date :)

I thought it'd be useful to make a thread of all legit/semi-legit rumours where only the rumour is posted, but there is no discussion around it. Please don't post who you want to get or how you feel towards certain players- this is just about who the club is rumoured/confirmed to be interested in and players currently at the club. As we get closer to trade period, it might be easier for people than trawling through several pages of the actual list management thread each day. I've edited the layout a bit, so hopefully you can find what you're looking for more easily :)
Done deals:
Ayce, Fuller, Darley, Kelly (r), Goodes (r) and Pearce (r) delisted.
Our players (on the table):
Talia:
  • Expected to go to Adelaide (Vital, Fronk, Dogga 91, d0gs)
  • Sydney also had a 400k offer for him (D4C, d0gs).
  • Under investigation by club and AFL integrity unit about potentially telling his brother club secrets before elimination final (club statement).
  • Going around fb that Sydney have withdrawn their offer.
  • Dogga 91 says he leaked critical info.
  • Will not be at the club next year (Pickering).
  • Beveridge says the issue is serious (SEN).
Hrovat (contracted):
  • St. Kilda and Melbourne interested in Hrovat (Greg Denham, SEN).
  • Fronk says we're open to trading Hrovat for the right offer
  • Vital says Hrovat wants to stay
  • Fronk says Carlton and Essendon are interested.
  • Saints very keen (channel 7).
Minson (contracted):
  • Bev says it's up to Minno whether or not he stays.
  • Wants to play out the last year of his contract at the dogs (lucky star, unnamed).
  • A big chance to be a swan (fronk).
  • Becoming a swan is dependent on other ruckmen going elsewhere (fronk).
Grant
  • We are yet to offer Jarrad Grant a contract. His manager says he is looking at other options.
  • Stevo says he won't be at the dogs next year.
Search for ruckman:
  • Dally sees a ruck/forward as our biggest need (draft radio thing).
  • We've got a high profile ruckman lined up (Stevo).
  • Dogga 91 says we still have a reasonably high profile ruckman locked up. The best of the possible names he heard was Martin.
Stef Martin
  • The Hun reported that we're interested in Stefan Martin, but the Lions have refused to trade him.
  • Martin is our first preference (not sure where I heard this, was it sam landsberger's twitter?)
  • Connors said Martin won't be traded
Ben McEvoy
  • We are into him (Mattdougie).
Zac Smith
  • We have shown a small interest (Mattdougie).
  • Most of the media does not list us as one of his suitors.
Search for key defender:
Haynes
  • Dale4Captain saying that we're chasing a package deal for Haynes and Tomlinson.
  • Stevo says Tomlinson wants to come back to victoria.
  • Pannal says we've been interested for a long time and had scouts at five games specifically to look at Haynes.
Henderson
  • Geelong not sure if they'll have enough picks to satisfy Carlton after they trade for Dangerfield. We're circling (Someone on main board).
Draft:
  • Dally rates Weitering as best in the draft (draft radio thing).
  • Dally rates DMac as a third round pick (draft radio thing).
  • Pannal says we won't trade our first pick (from Dally a while back).
  • We are still trying to get a very high pick (Fronk).
Other:
  • Small interest in Redden, Suckling (Mattdougie).
  • Footscray hope to sign Ayce and B. Goodes (Vital), but Goodes is considering North Ballarat (not sure who said this one).
  • We've been talking to Gold Coast a lot, but not sure about who (Mofra).
  • We're interested in Aaron Young (SEN).
Not coming to the bulldogs:
  • We've pulled out of the race for Carlisle (various media sources).
  • Bev says we aren't into Leuenberger.
  • Kreuzer and Z.Clarke re-signed.
  • We've asked about Jetta, but he is set on WA (Mattdougie).
  • No interest in Adcock, Bennell, Seedsman, Melksham (Mattdougie).
  • We've approached dangerfield, but he's pretty set on geelong (multiple sources).
Post more if I've missed them or if new ones come up and I can add them to the OP.
B Goodes has retired from footy, Dogs hoping to keep him around the club though.

Bump. I want to be able to find this easier when I'm updating it. OP is currently up to date :)
Good work Bobby2. May I suggest a couple of things to make it easier for the readers?

1. Create a new post here every time you update the OP so people know it's been updated and include in the post a link to the OP. This serves two purposes (1) it's a one click step to the OP, and (2) the thread won't scroll off the front page of the WB board so you won't have to bump it intermittently.

2. Can you show all the latest changes to the OP in red or some other distinctive colour please? This will save us having to read the whole of the (ever-expanding) OP trying to work out what the news is.

Cheers and thanks. :thumbsu:

Good work Bobby2. May I suggest a couple of things to make it easier for the readers?

1. Create a new post here every time you update the OP so people know it's been updated and include in the post a link to the OP. This serves two purposes (1) it's a one click step to the OP, and (2) the thread won't scroll off the front page of the WB board so you won't have to bump it intermittently.

2. Can you show all the latest changes to the OP in red or some other distinctive colour please? This will save us having to read the whole of the (ever-expanding) OP trying to work out what the news is.

Cheers and thanks. :thumbsu:
Good idea. Done :) Everything from today is currently in red.
Here's the link to the OP: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...post-rumour-and-source.1111915/#post-40943459

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Updated the OP again, but only added that grant and talia weren't at the BnF, so probs not worth looking at it just for that. Everything from today is in green. Everything from yesterday is still blue and the day before is red if you missed those :) I think I'll cycle through a handful of colours.
OP link: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...post-rumour-and-source.1111915/#post-40943459

Also, if you happen to see/hear an actual rumour involving the dogs when you're looking at the other thread/in the media, it would be a huge help to me if you posted it here :)

Sorry mate, I get a bit lost in all the rumours sometimes. I've added your name now :)

Hope this thread remains updated, I'm going overseas for four weeks and I won't be able to trawl through the mega thread!
I'll try my best :) might drop off a bit at stages though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back