Other All things Snooker

Remove this Banner Ad

Neil has his Rnd 1 match in the UK Championship at 7.30pm UK time on the 27th. He'll be playing Joe O'Connor for the right to play either Kyren Wilson or Gary Wilson.

Vinnie Calabrese plays his Rnd 1 match against Gerard Greene for the right to play either Matthew Stevens or Allan Taylor. The former match is on in about 6 hours.

Neil Robertson cites Leigh Matthews' 2001 GF pep talk as a motivator for his 2015 Masters Campaign.

Host Rob Walker looks a tad awkward talking about AFL rather than the Predator movie.

You've probably already seen this mate, but I just watched it in Foxtel now. Just watch the last frame, or even the last half of the last frame. Just awesome :D
The commentary was awesome too.

I had seen this, but there's so much snooker these days it's all too easy to forget - thanks for the reminder. I'm still getting over the result of the Grand Prix this morning. I am happy to report though that I've got tickets to about 5 days of the Australian Goldfields Open in June/July.

Speaking of the commentary - have you ever seen John 'There's six pockets on the table' Virgo's impersonations of the legends of snooker?

Here's one of the most remarkable frames of snooker I've seen for a while. It's the decider between Ben Woollaston and Yu De Lu at the Indian Open earlier this month. You should join the match at 2:25:00.

Neil Robertson discusses his adoption of a vegan diet. It looks like he's been experimenting a bit. Perhaps this explains why he'd been looking so out of sorts in the last half of last year. I had guessed it was the 100 century breaks he had made, but it turns out he made a lot of those in the Championship League tournament, and given the format of that event I don't think it would have been such a strain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Neil Robertson discusses his adoption of a vegan diet. It looks like he's been experimenting a bit. Perhaps this explains why he'd been looking so out of sorts in the last half of last year. I had guessed it was the 100 century breaks he had made, but it turns out he made a lot of those in the Championship League tournament, and given the format of that event I don't think it would have been such a strain.

It is a shame Foxtel snub everything and this is what is killing the popularity of the game. Even the WC from the crucible is coming up soon and Foxtel are showing nothing live at this stage. :mad: I am streaming it nearly every week to watch it but it is annoying having to watch it on the computer.

They do show the Bendigo Goldfields open live but last year it was only the night sessions, I went last year and it was great with some excellent Snooker played.

It is a shame Foxtel snub everything and this is what is killing the popularity of the game. Even the WC from the crucible is coming up soon and Foxtel are showing nothing live at this stage. :mad: I am streaming it nearly every week to watch it but it is annoying having to watch it on the computer.

They do show the Bendigo Goldfields open live but last year it was only the night sessions, I went last year and it was great with some excellent Snooker played.

My partner and I watch the streaming service but link the phone/computer up with our TV to watch it on a big screen - I don't mind watching it on the computer though.

The limited popularity of the game, at least in Oz, is surely more a function of tables being hard to find, the professionals making the game look so damn easy, the sport being so genteel, and the lack of a quick entry point into the game (such as Pot Black was in the 70's and 80's). That the local media doesn't get behind Neil is a real shame - surely it'd do wonders for the sport down here.

There was some great snooker last year at Bendigo. The final being a highlight; Fergal O'Brian's century was also pretty cool. I'll be going for more days this year so that I can pick and choose matches to see with more freedom.

My partner and I watch the streaming service but link the phone/computer up with our TV to watch it on a big screen - I don't mind watching it on the computer though.

The limited popularity of the game, at least in Oz, is surely more a function of tables being hard to find, the professionals making the game look so damn easy, the sport being so genteel, and the lack of a quick entry point into the game (such as Pot Black was in the 70's and 80's). That the local media doesn't get behind Neil is a real shame - surely it'd do wonders for the sport down here.

There was some great snooker last year at Bendigo. The final being a highlight; Fergal O'Brian's century was also pretty cool. I'll be going for more days this year so that I can pick and choose matches to see with more freedom.

Depending where you live here in Melb there are a heap of 12ft tables to play on with most in the East though.

I am going to be playing comp/league again very soon as the bug is back but for now it is just home play with this beauty Mike Wooldridge Cue i recently got shipped and handmade from the U.K.

legend_zpsq9qaanu3.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations on the cue!

Yes - there's defintely more places to play in the east. I've seen some coaching happening recently which is very exciting.

Congratulations on the cue!

Yes - there's defintely more places to play in the east. I've seen some coaching happening recently which is very exciting.

Robby Foldvari has been coaching me for a while now and he also is the director of coaching who supplies them with a certificate to do it which also has a grade on it for each coach.

That MW Legend Cue is only 1 of about 4 that i have which are top end! I use to chop and change all the time between my Phoenix/ Omin / Andy Travis etc but have not put my MW down since it arrived and i love the new Black spin ferule system Mike uses.

That's excellent.

We're not quite ina position to get coaching like that at the moment, so my partner and I tend to 'spot' for each other. Besides that we are gradually amassing a collection of snooker books.

That's excellent.

We're not quite ina position to get coaching like that at the moment, so my partner and I tend to 'spot' for each other. Besides that we are gradually amassing a collection of snooker books.

I remember after my first lesson he changed my grip and stance straight away after 10 mins. The difference was remarkable (as you cannot see your own action) especially on long pots which were a massive weakness for me which is now my strength and i look for em all the time with an 80% pot rate now with the Blue on its spot and Cue ball on the baulk line.

I just love the game and am playing everyday at home for hours!

Those fundamentals are, well, fundamental. You're lucky to be able to play at home. Stance is one of the really hard things to pull together, I think, just because you're not always lining-up parallel to the table.

Those fundamentals are, well, fundamental. You're lucky to be able to play at home. Stance is one of the really hard things to pull together, I think, just because you're not always lining-up parallel to the table.

I am spewing i can not fit a 12ft table in the house let me tell ya!! 3/4 will do though.

I need to go to my local club to play on a full size or at Robbys house for a session on his fully restored beautiful 1911 Harry Evans & Sons. :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Some more Cue pr0n for you here General Soreness !

Andy Travis Cue multi spliced...

image_zps6a56a4e3.jpg

image_zpsdba2de65.jpg

Genuine O'Min...

image_zpsewix7yx8.jpg

image_zps9poulegk.jpg

Phoenix

image_zpsqm1ll2wx.jpg

image_zpssnzav8eo.jpg

Also the close up the Black Spin ferule system Mike Wooldridge has now patented and using on all his Cues which are designed to reduce throw of the Cue ball when playing with side and increase screw and top spin. It works excellent as well.

image_zpsrtpwqyz5.jpg

Iphone photos are a bit shitty but you get the jist of it!! lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back