Rumour No more Sub

Remove this Banner Ad

They should implement a 4 interchange plus sub for injured player rule. Sub is only for injured players but then again, it could be exploited.

If true will totally change recruiting dynamics again. Hope it's true.

Anyone got stats on if subs have reduced injuries?

I like the sub when we get a player injured in the first half. I don't like it when we use it to give a fringe player 15 minutes to prove himself at the end of a game.

Sums it ip perfectly. But maybe as the rotation cap heads south, losing a player early may not have as much of an impact. Although, each player will need to have more game time overall, so not sure about that at all.

It's such a crap rule, who wants jet besides Bartlett and Vader?

Coaches hate it
Players hate it
Fans hate it
Yep and it *s with the youngsters continuity with where and how much they play week to week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I Heard that Gillon was never a fan of the sub rule and given that the coaches have lobbied pretty strongly Gillon sees this as a quick win to rebuild the relation between the coaches and AFL HQ

They should implement a 4 interchange plus sub for injured player rule. Sub is only for injured players but then again, it could be exploited.

Just leave it four interchange. The amount of games that I saw where a team was severely disadvantaged by a player getting injured early was bugger all...and I remember the 2 man interchange bench, god knows we won a GF having Jamo come of at the 5 min mark of the first quarter with a three man bench. It just doesn't make that much difference that it needs a sub player to replace them

If true will totally change recruiting dynamics again. Hope it's true.

Anyone got stats on if subs have reduced injuries?
this leaves the same situation, just with the 23rd picked player not 22nd. That player will still have to sit out from reserves footy that weekend. could potentially be worse as that player may sit out the reserves game (would have to in case he is required for the majority of the game) and then get 0 game time if there is no injury

The sub rule would be fine, if they implemented a system to allow the sub to play a game that weekend.

If the sub plays less than half the AFL match, they can play in the lower level game.

But the sub still sucks.

Didn't we used to have just two on the bench? We've all gone soft! ;)

I remember when i used to play footy in the snow barefoot and if we lost we had to walk home in the rain etc etc

I guess we're in a nuclear arms race of fitter, fitter, fitter... someone needs to step up and say, it's time for disarmament, and we can move to targeted warfare via drones, i.e., players with football skills.

Wait, Hawthorn already did that a couple of years ago. Everyone else is struggling to understand and catch up. We certainly went for it, drafting athletes instead of footballers.

What's that, we constantly bemoan our lack of footskills? If only we had the services of Captain Hindsight.

I Heard that Gillon was never a fan of the sub rule and given that the coaches have lobbied pretty strongly Gillon sees this as a quick win to rebuild the relation between the coaches and AFL HQ

then it's a clever move on his part.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back