No Sympathy For Crowley

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...-play-on-in-2016/story-e6frf3e3-1227572649583

Former Fremantle tagger Ryan Crowley “shocked” by delisting, wants to play on in 2016

FORMER Fremantle best and fairest winner Ryan Crowley was “shocked” and “disappointed” when the Dockers delisted him and wants to play on in 2016.

The famed tagger played 188 games for Fremantle and won the Doig Medal in 2012 as club champion, but was delisted by the club at season’s end.

“I felt a bit like the deer in the headlights when they told me,” Crowley told 6PR.

“They said ‘look mate, we’re not looking to go with you next year, we’re looking to go in a different direction’.

“I respect that, I might not agree with it, but I respect that.

“I just wouldn’t have minded a bit of warning beforehand. I haven’t missed a training session all year, so they’ve had plenty of time to come up and have a chat. I was a bit disappointed with that.”

Crowley served a 12-month suspension for testing positive to a banned substance that he claimed was a case of “inadvertent doping”, which the AFL accepted.

He became eligible to play again for Fremantle’s preliminary final against Hawthorn, but was not selected.

“It is a unique circumstance having that 12 months off,” he said.

“I was pretty shocked from the meeting and was obviously really disappointed. It was a tough day.”

He believes his fitness would allow him to play on at another club with the year-long suspension potentially being a benefit in that regard.

“The interchange cap coming in next year, that suits the way I play, having a really good aerobic capacity,” he said.

“Having that year off, I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone, but it could be a blessing in disguise.

“I hadn’t missed a game for four or five years and that constant grind had taken its toll, whereas I’ve had a year off and feel like I’m 25 again.

“I still feel like I have got some good football left in me. I am as hungry as I have ever been and I feel like I have got a point to prove.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...-play-on-in-2016/story-e6frf3e3-1227572649583

Former Fremantle tagger Ryan Crowley “shocked” by delisting, wants to play on in 2016

FORMER Fremantle best and fairest winner Ryan Crowley was “shocked” and “disappointed” when the Dockers delisted him and wants to play on in 2016.

The famed tagger played 188 games for Fremantle and won the Doig Medal in 2012 as club champion, but was delisted by the club at season’s end.

“I felt a bit like the deer in the headlights when they told me,” Crowley told 6PR.

“They said ‘look mate, we’re not looking to go with you next year, we’re looking to go in a different direction’.

“I respect that, I might not agree with it, but I respect that.

“I just wouldn’t have minded a bit of warning beforehand. I haven’t missed a training session all year, so they’ve had plenty of time to come up and have a chat. I was a bit disappointed with that.”

Crowley served a 12-month suspension for testing positive to a banned substance that he claimed was a case of “inadvertent doping”, which the AFL accepted.

He became eligible to play again for Fremantle’s preliminary final against Hawthorn, but was not selected.

“It is a unique circumstance having that 12 months off,” he said.

“I was pretty shocked from the meeting and was obviously really disappointed. It was a tough day.”

He believes his fitness would allow him to play on at another club with the year-long suspension potentially being a benefit in that regard.

“The interchange cap coming in next year, that suits the way I play, having a really good aerobic capacity,” he said.

“Having that year off, I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone, but it could be a blessing in disguise.

“I hadn’t missed a game for four or five years and that constant grind had taken its toll, whereas I’ve had a year off and feel like I’m 25 again.

“I still feel like I have got some good football left in me. I am as hungry as I have ever been and I feel like I have got a point to prove.”
Worth a look?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe the people over at *essendon might be interested. Has served his suspension and could fill a role if *others get done by WADA/CAS in November.

Nostradamus. :D

Well not really; first prediction in 135 years that I've made I've (nearly) got right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back