Non-AFL chat thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just realised. Since when did you decide you were here to show the world? Avatar change came out of nowhere like a mitb title shot.
Changed it a few days ago. Dolph needed repping.

If only there was a mitb title shot in the near future :(

At least we can reminisce. Dat pop.

Changed it a few days ago. Dolph needed repping.

If only there was a mitb title shot in the near future :(

At least we can reminisce. Dat pop.

He gets a bigger pop than 98% of the roster as well. It's just a slow burn...

I seriously need to see a Ziggler vs Bray Wyatt main event feud.
Don't worry, you'll get that match. On Main Event. Which you can get on the WWE Network for only $9.99 a month!

WWE Network. It's like Netflix, but better!

Don't worry, you'll get that match. On Main Event. Which you can get on the WWE Network for only $9.99 a month!

WWE Network. It's like Netflix, but better!
I've had enough slow burns.

I need to see Ziggler vs anyone main event feud :p
It's sad as he's this generation's Curt Hennig (looks like his clone), great to almost perfect in ring performer that they just won't push to the top for some reason. There's literally no reason he isn't main eventing right now, much like Mr Perfect in the mid 90s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

[QUOTE="immortalmike, post: 34259299, member: 55277"]It's sad as he's this generation's Curt Hennig (looks like his clone), great to almost perfect in ring performer that they just won't push to the top for some reason. There's literally no reason he isn't main eventing right now, much like Mr Perfect in the mid 90s.[/QUOTE]
I like the guy but that might be pushing a little bit far. :eek: There's a reason Curt Hennig was called Mr. Perfect, and Ziggler isn't at that level in ring performance. Agree with everything else though.

It's sad as he's this generation's Curt Hennig (looks like his clone), great to almost perfect in ring performer that they just won't push to the top for some reason. There's literally no reason he isn't main eventing right now, much like Mr Perfect in the mid 90s.
Have you seen his interview with Chris Van Vliet that he apparently got in trouble for? If that's the reason he's not being put in the main event scene, it's ridiculously soft.
But it's always been a touchy business :(. HHH is still doing a great job I think.

I like the guy but that might be pushing a little bit far. :eek: There's a reason Curt Hennig was called Mr. Perfect, and Ziggler isn't at that level in ring performance. Agree with everything else though.
He's not quite there yet but I see huge similarities in the way they move and take bumps, especially in Curt's AWA days (yes I was that much of a wrestling nerd as a kid), also Ziggler's probably a better promo.

Have you seen his interview with Chris Van Vliet that he apparently got in trouble for? If that's the reason he's not being put in the main event scene, it's ridiculously soft.
But it's always been a touchy business :(. HHH is still doing a great job I think.
Didn't see the interview (to the google machine I go), but unless he called Linda an out of touch old lady and Stephanie a moron, give him a freakin push already.

My smarkiness prevents me from outright agreeing with the bold. Although I have really liked his talent signings, well except for Sin Cara (Mistico).

Didn't see the interview (to the google machine I go), but unless he called Linda an out of touch old lady and Stephanie a moron, give him a freakin push already.

My smarkiness prevents me from outright agreeing with the bold. Although I have really liked his talent signings, well except for Sin Cara (Mistico).
It's stuff about Randy being a top guy or something. So stupid.

I've just really enjoyed the whole product since HHH had more of a say in things. Smackdown is bearable, whereas I used to skip it completely. His development work with NXT is awesome, and as you said, his signings have been really good too.
May be a bit of bias seeping in, as HHH is my second favourite of all time behind The Rock, but I love what he's been doing.

It's stuff about Randy being a top guy or something. So stupid.

I've just really enjoyed the whole product since HHH had more of a say in things. Smackdown is bearable, whereas I used to skip it completely. His development work with NXT is awesome, and as you said, his signings have been really good too.
May be a bit of bias seeping in, as HHH is my second favourite of all time behind The Rock, but I love what he's been doing.
Oh I've enjoyed it much more too. He's got old school sensibilities, which is good for this old school fan. I just can't forgive him for his 2003-2006 run where he was just boreing me shitless week-in and week-out with 20 minute promos and slow matches where he'd inevitably win. He was like a more stale heel Cena.

Interesting favourite two wrestlers. Sort of polar opposites. They had a great Attitude era rivalry I'll give you that.

Oh I've enjoyed it much more too. He's got old school sensibilities, which is good for this old school fan. I just can't forgive him for his 2003-2006 run where he was just boreing me shitless week-in and week-out with 20 minute promos and slow matches where he'd inevitably win. He was like a more stale heel Cena.

Interesting favourite two wrestlers. Sort of polar opposites. They had a great Attitude era rivalry I'll give you that.
I liked 2003-2004 HHH. 2005 and 2006 where just shitty years altogether, haha.
No one is more stale than Cena though. Still waiting on that heel turn :p

I ******* loved The Rock, haha. For obvious reasons. He's the great one.
I hated HHH when I was younger. But I absolutely loved to hate him. He was just the perfect villain of my childhood.
You can't say you didn't mark out hard when he came back in 2002. Impossible!

I liked 2003-2004 HHH. 2005 and 2006 where just shitty years altogether, haha.
No one is more stale than Cena though. Still waiting on that heel turn :p

I ******* loved The Rock, haha. For obvious reasons. He's the great one.
I hated HHH when I was younger. But I absolutely loved to hate him. He was just the perfect villain of my childhood.
You can't say you didn't mark out hard when he came back in 2002. Impossible!
Started hating him when he was handed the World Heavyweight title, then he beat Booker T at mania after calling his race inferior. Heels need to lose after saying things like that. Then he just never lost anything but my interest, well except that awesome triple threat with Benoit and Shawn, but now that's erased from history.
Cena already is a heel to 65% of the audience.

I was never a huge Rock fan but I get his appeal. I've been an Undertaker guy since he turned on Jake the Snake when I was a kid in 1992. So The Rock was just an obstacle in his way as far as I was concerned back then. I like him enough now, I guess. Favourites of all time would have to be Taker, Bret Hart and Foley.

Yeah I marked out, but I had no idea what I was in for later.

Started hating him when he was handed the World Heavyweight title, then he beat Booker T at mania after calling his race inferior. Heels need to lose after saying things like that. Then he just never lost anything but my interest, well except that awesome triple threat with Benoit and Shawn, but now that's erased from history.
Cena already is a heel to 65% of the audience.

I was never a huge Rock fan but I get his appeal. I've been an Undertaker guy since he turned on Jake the Snake when I was a kid in 1992. So The Rock was just an obstacle in his way as far as I was concerned back then. I like him enough now, I guess. Favourites of all time would have to be Taker, Bret Hart and Foley.

Yeah I marked out, but I had no idea what I was in for later.
Yeah, that's when I started hating him as well. But I still just loved the whole thing :p. I was a bit of a glutton for punishment I guess.
I have almost no recollection of that Booker T match. I know a lot of people say it ****ed Booker over for his run in the WWE, but for the life of me I can't remember it. I remember pretty much the entire rest of that card as well. Just not that match.
That triple threat was crazy. One of the best matches ever in my time watching.
He is, but we need the turn!

Undertaker is cool. I always liked him, but he was never one of my favourites. I was one of the few people who liked the American Badass gimmick, apparently. But the Deadman is obviously a lot better.
Foley ranks highly for me too. Especially after meeting him. That was awesome.

Man i used to love the wrestling back in the day. Was a british bulldogs fan when i started watching back in the Iron shiek, and hacksaw jim duggan days, god i loved that moron. Then the great one came. The Ultimate Warrior! and that was it for me, they counldn't get better for mine. Smart buggers back in the days, how do you create someone who can challange the power of hulkamania... i remember well, Honky tonk man talking crap with the intercontinental belt, has no fight, so challanges anyone to come out and fight him for it. Suddenly metal music pumps, a mad man who looks like a very tight testicle flies down the runout, into the ring, off the rope, off the rope, smack, pin, grabs the belt and runs straight out! No one even had a chance to look at him LMAO... that is how you make a legand. FIrst apperance, intercontinental champion.

Sadly i stopped watching when WWF went to crud. Then got back into it with wcw? was it. the four horsment and sting, loved sting... then drifted away never to return...but not before addicting the missus, Undertaker was her man. but she loved the old vids more then the new stuff, we rented out about 30 wwf vids and she ate it up... married her... :p

Sadly i stopped watching when WWF went to crud. Then got back into it with wcw? was it. the four horsment and sting, loved sting... then drifted away never to return...but not before addicting the missus, Undertaker was her man. but she loved the old vids more then the new stuff, we rented out about 30 wwf vids and she ate it up... married her... :p
This is the part where I tell you Sting is going to be in the WWE now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back