Non-AFL chat thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know very little about basketball, but how is that injury even possible? In any football code maybe, but I'm :confused:

Basically he landed his foot on the edge of the padding and his body went one way and his leg went the other way.

No idea how any players can have any of energy boosters right before a game. Experimented with them on the weekend and I am certainly not a fan.

No idea how any players can have any of energy boosters right before a game. Experimented with them on the weekend and I am certainly not a fan.

What type of energy boosters? I know I might have a protein drink before a marathon and i usually down a Gatorade but that's about it. (The old man used to down a Lucozade...hard to find these days)

I think I know what the answer will be, but anyone else doing City2Surf in Sydney this Sunday?

What type of energy boosters? I know I might have a protein drink before a marathon and i usually down a Gatorade but that's about it. (The old man used to down a Lucozade...hard to find these days)

Was those small glucose things. I had a Powerade as well which is what i usually have but made me feel horrible. I try to eat 2 hours before the game, but its normally just something light then a couple of pieces of fruit.

Super Hans

marcus proudson
10k Posts Pokemon is Life SuperCoach Club Board Championship League Member
Apr 27, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
TrailBlazers, Juventus, Raiders
Wolves have done very well in the Kevin Love deal all things considered.

Wolves have done very well in the Kevin Love deal all things considered.
The scary thing about that deal, cavs only gave up heat's first round pick in the trade.
So they keep their pick.
So basically due to stockpiling picks next draft they have.
Kings Top 10 protected pick
Their own pick (but bulls can swap them)
Memphis pick (1-5, 15-30 protected)

Jun 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
San Antonio, West Ham, Renegades
Wolves did as well as they could have from that deal. Wiggins could be anything and Bennett is starting to show a bit now, although I doubt he'll ever be a star. Obviously Love is still a huge loss but it sure as he'll beats losing him for nothing.

Cavs looking very scary. That trade makes them the best in the east (if they weren't already), Spurs still favourites in my eyes.

* these ******* shitty hardcore/metalcore/whatever the * - core bands. They are s**t, and there is nothing redeeming about them. All they are is ******* noise devoid of any emotion except LET'S GO ******* BREAK STUFF and for some reason the self-obsessed, "depressed" teenage idiots all lap it up like it's the most ******* profound thing they've ever heard. I'm so sick of half of the music scene now because wherever you turn that's some self-indulged, screaming core band that gets signed or gets a lot of fans even though their music is the drizzling shits. I hate all of them and I wouldn't care if they all were put on a rocket to the sun.

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
**** these ******* shitty hardcore/metalcore/whatever the **** - core bands. They are s**t, and there is nothing redeeming about them. All they are is ******* noise devoid of any emotion except LET'S GO ******* BREAK STUFF and for some reason the self-obsessed, "depressed" teenage idiots all lap it up like it's the most ******* profound thing they've ever heard. I'm so sick of half of the music scene now because wherever you turn that's some self-indulged, screaming core band that gets signed or gets a lot of fans even though their music is the drizzling shits. I hate all of them and I wouldn't care if they all were put on a rocket to the sun.
Tell us what you really think. ;)

there_is_no_need_to_be_upset-4390.gif

Only half?
3/4's then.

I'm talking about the live music scene, so not most of the s**t they put on the radio that they call "music". Fancy spent 6 weeks at the top of the US charts. ******* FANCY! I COULD WHIP THAT UP IN ONE HOUR ON MY COMPUTER! That is not music, just like anything will.i.am produces these days. They used to be good in the Elephunk days, and now they've just turned into bland boring ******* computer generated noise. And I'm not one of those people who's like "Oh it has to be done with real instruments, * computers!" No in fact computers and electronic music can be AWESOME, but the way they're utilised by the majority of mainstream artists is just depressing.

Anyway there's a lot of good s**t out there in the live music scene. Unfortunately what you'll usually get is the bloody core bands that the kids love to get out their anger about how mummy got them an Xbox One when they just wanted a PS4, or the dime a dozen acoustic songwriters who always sing about love and relationships (which I usually love by the way).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope Dolph Ziggler gets another concussion before SummerSlam and Miz loses the IC title to a returning Kevin Nash, who then blows out his quads and so Khali gets awarded the IC title.

I don't know what Fancy is.

I hope Dolph Ziggler gets another concussion before SummerSlam and Miz loses the IC title to a returning Kevin Nash, who then blows out his quads and so Khali gets awarded the IC title.
You don't really hope that, stop being silly.

You don't really hope that, stop being silly.

I'm sorry, I really don't. I'm just angry :( I like Dolph.

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
**** these ******* shitty hardcore/metalcore/whatever the **** - core bands. They are s**t, and there is nothing redeeming about them. All they are is ******* noise devoid of any emotion except LET'S GO ******* BREAK STUFF and for some reason the self-obsessed, "depressed" teenage idiots all lap it up like it's the most ******* profound thing they've ever heard. I'm so sick of half of the music scene now because wherever you turn that's some self-indulged, screaming core band that gets signed or gets a lot of fans even though their music is the drizzling shits. I hate all of them and I wouldn't care if they all were put on a rocket to the sun.
This. I'm heavily into alt/progressive rock, and the amount of s**t I've copped for not listening into anything more 'profound'... :rolleyes:

They've actually ruined the concept of being right into music, for me. If you don't buy a black hoody with some post-hardcore band's name splashed across it, make people on public transportation feel uncomfortable and listen to depressing bullshit, you can't be taken seriously.

And yeah, I'm not gonna listen to Fancy.

Ok, well I waited 1:40 for the music to actually change, but it didn't. I'm assuming it's like that the whole way through? :drunk:
That was pretty damn bad.

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, Melbourne City
I didn't know what it was either. Now that I've heard it, I think I'll forget it quickly enough.

I'm still stuck in last century's music, and happily so. The last time I was into the live music, Directions In Groove were still playing the pub scene. Ah, good times.

This. I'm heavily into alt/progressive rock, and the amount of s**t I've copped for not listening into anything more 'profound'... :rolleyes:

They've actually ruined the concept of being right into music, for me. If you don't buy a black hoody with some post-hardcore band's name splashed across it, make people on public transportation feel uncomfortable and listen to depressing bullshit, you can't be taken seriously.

And yeah, I'm not gonna listen to Fancy.
I'm accepting and listen to the majority of all genres. I don't like country, but still respect it. These core bands and the stuff like bangerz or whatever the * it's called and songs like Fancy are the two exceptions to that rule. No emotion at all, and most of the time it's the same ******* s**t over and over. And the fans worship them as if they were Gods. I have nothing wrong with "screamo", Brand New are one of my favourite bands. But it's just all meaningless and devoid of feeling.

Just to reiterate, that song made it on top of the US charts for 6 weeks. For 6 ******* weeks people thought that was the best song in the country.

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray

This is the one that's doing my head in at the minute.

Why the * is this song (especially the chorus, please kill me) any less cringe-worthy than the likes of Friday?

For those not game to listen, the chorus is, "It's my birthday, it's my birthday, I'm gonna spend my money." Over and over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back