Non-AFL chat thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is your name?
What is your quest?
Why didn't Pogba change his name to something cool?
Why is NathanMJ_WB54 always awake late at night, and how can I remember his username without looking it up?
What is the average airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
My name is Nathan, and then there's an assortment of characters that you know better than I do.
My quest is to reunite the Seven Sages and defeat Ganon (I'm playing Zelda at the moment. You should too). Oh, and to seek the holy grail.
The real question is why Pogba didn't change his name to bontempelli#4
Because I function without sleep, and you remember because I'm such an important part of your life.
African or European swallow?

1. Inigo Montoya
2. To defeat the Bloodfish at Jarrod's Landing
3. Because Steve Allen told him not to
4. Because he's a reverse vampire, and because he posts a lot
5. An African or a European swallow?

Did I win?
Correct.
Nobody knows what you're talking about, shut up Igloo.
Incorrect, one of many answers would have been: Because he is not a wrestling fan.
Correct. Not nearly as much as others on here though *cough*DANNNNNNN*cough*
Correct.

3/5. C+. Because I make the rules around here.

My name is Nathan, and then there's an assortment of characters that you know better than I do.
My quest is to reunite the Seven Sages and defeat Ganon (I'm playing Zelda at the moment. You should too). Oh, and to seek the holy grail.
The real question is why Pogba didn't change his name to bontempelli#4
Because I function without sleep, and you remember because I'm such an important part of your life.
African or European swallow?
Incorrect. Your name is Inigo Montoya. I killed your father, prepare to die?
Correct because Zelda is awesome even though I haven't played it.
Well duh, obviously.
Ehhhhh I wouldn't go that far, you get half a point.
Correct.

3.5/5 You get a B+. That's a nice little spot for you Nathan.

timtamWB and NathanMJ_WB54 pls, Paul Pogba is the definition of cool.

mpVNfIe.jpg

He is the soccer version of Bontempelli.

mpVNfIe.jpg

I'm going to tell you the same thing I'll tell my future children:

You are not special. In fact, nobody cares about you and you will likely live a life filled with an endless hole in your heart searching for gratification and belonging that will elude you for the rest of your days. Now go to sleep and no you can't have any damn ice cream.

I'm going to be a great father.

Correct.
Nobody knows what you're talking about, shut up Igloo.
Incorrect, one of many answers would have been: Because he is not a wrestling fan.
Correct. Not nearly as much as others on here though *cough*DANNNNNNN*cough*
Correct.

3/5. C+. Because I make the rules around here.
I knew what he was talking about, and I appreciated it.
Incorrect. Your name is Inigo Montoya. I killed your father, prepare to die?
Correct because Zelda is awesome even though I haven't played it.
Well duh, obviously.
Ehhhhh I wouldn't go that far, you get half a point.
Correct.

3.5/5 You get a B+. That's a nice little spot for you Nathan.
I'll take it.

mpVNfIe.jpg

He looks like the soccer version of a broom, and Juve resemble Collingwood. Boo Paul Pogba, boo Juventus.

Aren't you tired of seeing the same old live bands? Struggling to not kill yourself because of the current music scene?

WELL LOOK NO FURTHER!

The BigFooty Bulldogs forum, in conjunction with the Gershwin Room at the Espy and Emergenza Battle of the Bands, proudly brings to you: Heads and Hearts! Starring everybody's favourite poster on his sexy golden Les Paul and occasionally singing horribly!

No it's not Dannnnnnnnnn. No it's not dogwatch either. Not it's not Igl- yeah you know what screw you guys, I'm going home.

You don't deserve me anyway. I bust my ass every day for this misfit family and what thanks do I get? NOTHING! immortalmike is just sitting there shaking his head at me and scaring the small children when he takes his beanie off, VitalDread's in the corner making out with some chick he just met, BRG93 is just towering over everyone and intimidating the whole room. I should just give up now. Why do I even bother.

*ahem*

Yes the one and only timtamwb is coming out of retirement (from the gig he played two week ago) and YOU can be the lucky one to be there! All you have to do is answer me these riddles three (five):

What is your name?
What is your quest?
Why didn't Pogba change his name to something cool?
Why is NathanMJ_WB54 always awake late at night, and how can I remember his username without looking it up?
What is the average airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

I'm well aware I'm making no sense. I'm tired and operating on no sleep from last night. I've also been listening to the same guitar track for the last hour trying to mix it just right and I think I've developed a form of insanity. This is all just one long strand of consciousness written down. I should really proofread things, there needs to be a filter between my brain and the rest of my body. I say a lot of stupid things.

Only problem is, the singer actually went out and took an opportunity for a short job. The nerve of people, actually doing things to help them in life. Ridiculous. So he goes to Sydney on Monday, and he's away for the gig. But apparently he'll be back. But as anyone who has ever been in a band knows, there are three main rules: 1. Never trust the singer. 2. We always laugh at the bassist. 3. NEVER listen to the drummer. But this guy's pretty good, he said that he'll fly back on the day for the gig and fly back the next morning, so who knows. In which case I will probably have to take over lead vocals. And then we'll subsequently get laughed out of the building. But it will be fun DAMMIT!

#SaveBoomer
The bold bits are scarily accurate.

1. The real question is what my name isn't. And that's Steve.
2. To save the princess, but she's always in another castle. When will I find my princess?
3. Because he still doesn't realise soccer is for girls with funny hair.
4. Pfft. I deride your idea of late. And because you may have a mild form of autism.
5. 11m/s. Well that's the best estimate.

mpVNfIe.jpg

It burns. :(

Maybe the equivalent of Bontempelli if we traded him for absolutely nothing. * it all. I want him back. We'll give you cleverly.

Ok, so that's why I shouldn't post when I'm sleep deprived. Now everyone turn up to the Espy on the 11th of September and we'll have a BF get together/watch the greatest band in the world :D

The bold bits are scarily accurate.

1. The real question is what my name isn't. And that's Steve.
2. To save the princess, but she's always in another castle. When will I find my princess?
3. Because he still doesn't realise soccer is for girls with funny hair.
4. Pfft. I deride your idea of late. And because you may have a mild form of autism.
5. 11m/s. Well that's the best estimate.
I can't even argue with the bold bits :(

Well actually, your middle name is Steve. So incorrect.
When you stop looking in castles and go back home. She's been banging the plumber, you idiot. Incorrect.
Correct :D
You just called me autistic. Kind of. Correct. Kind of.
No. You fail for not giving me the Monty Python reference.

You get 1.5/5 and you have brought dishonour to your family.

Ok, so that's why I shouldn't post when I'm sleep deprived. Now everyone turn up to the Espy on the 11th of September and we'll have a BF get together/watch the greatest band in the world :D

I can't even argue with the bold bits :(

Well actually, your middle name is Steve. So incorrect.
When you stop looking in castles and go back home. She's been banging the plumber, you idiot. Incorrect.
Correct :D
You just called me autistic. Kind of. Correct. Kind of.
No. You fail for not giving me the Monty Python reference.

You get 1.5/5 and you have brought dishonour to your family.
Okay I won't turn up then. Or I will and I'll make you rue this day! Rue I said! Rue!
You made me lose to Igloo. You have offended me sir I challenge you to a duel.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I disagreed with that casting choice for Rue.

Jennifer Lawrence was perfect as Katniss, likewise whats-his-face with Peeta, but the actor that played Rue looks so different to what I had pictured in my head that watching the movie made me sad.

I don't(cant?) read books and I hate people that do. I remember watching the Harry Potter movies and I was like the only person in the universe that didn't know what was going to happen.
Bolded is correct.

I don't get the time and also don't have the mental fortitude to start reading again. But I used to love it. After my course I'll start again hopefully.

I don't(cant?) read books and I hate people that do. I remember watching the Harry Potter movies and I was like the only person in the universe that didn't know what was going to happen.
Fight me.

And surely you had some idiot in the back of the cinema calling out what was about to happen.

Fight me.

And surely you had some idiot in the back of the cinema calling out what was about to happen.

Nah it was mainly my family being all like OMG DUMBLEDORE DIES OMG OMG OMG. That was like, just after the 2nd or third movie came out.

Bolded is correct.

I don't get the time and also don't have the mental fortitude to start reading again. But I used to love it. After my course I'll start again hopefully.

I dunno why, I just can't read from a book. I have no problems staring at my phone all day though.

I still remember when Deathly Hallows (the book) got released and I ran to KMart to buy it and I got really upset cause I couldn't find the book, and I went up to the clerk and they said they'd sold out. All the while my family was laughing, because there was a huge Harry Potter display with 100's of books 5 metres from where I was standing, and they got the clerk in on it.

I hate them.

Nah it was mainly my family being all like OMG DUMBLEDORE DIES OMG OMG OMG. That was like, just after the 2nd or third movie came out.

I dunno why, I just can't read from a book. I have no problems staring at my phone all day though.
Morons.

I remember when I went to see the Simpsons Movie and a couple of girls up the back chose to tell us every line 3-4 seconds before it actually happened. They stopped after they had some movie food thrown at them, but the first 5 minutes kinda sucked as a result.

I used to be like that, high school kinda killed reading for me after I was an avid reader when I was younger. I couldn't read anything of my own because I'd always have a school book to read and meticulously dissect, and when I had time off, I wasn't interested in reading... I've gotten back into it more recently though.

Dumbledore dies?! You arsehole!

I have read all the Harry Potter books. Got a few spoilers from my big mouthed sister and that pissed me off. Now reading Scarecrow and other Matthew Reilly books. Got a pretty big collection of those.

I still remember when Deathly Hallows (the book) got released and I ran to KMart to buy it and I got really upset cause I couldn't find the book, and I went up to the clerk and they said they'd sold out. All the while my family was laughing, because there was a huge Harry Potter display with 100's of books 5 metres from where I was standing, and they got the clerk in on it.

I hate them.
Your family sound like awesome people.

Ahh the Potter craze. I remember standing in line for the Half Blood Prince and people thinking I'd come dressed like Hagrid. It wasn't intentional. Honest.

I used to hate the Harry Potter books when I was an edgy primary school kid. This was without having read them, mind you. Then around the time the last one came out I decided to read them all in 2 weeks. I was so wrong.

I have read all the Harry Potter books. Got a few spoilers from my big mouthed sister and that pissed me off. Now reading Scarecrow and other Matthew Reilly books. Got a pretty big collection of those.
I have all the Matthew Reilly books. They're great. Haven't read his latest one yet, so it sits on my shelf with the many other books I haven't got around to reading yet. Scarecrow might be my favourite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back