Non-AFL chat thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What happened??
WELL, I'll start from the start. Or at least the title match, which might as well have been the start.
Lesnar beat Cena and Seth Rollins in an awesome triple threat match. The awesomeness was so high that I was exhausted from watching it. This set the tone for what everyone hoped would be an awesome Rumble match.

Going into it, Daniel Bryan was the great white hope for many. Won the title at Wrestlemania last year, got a severe neck injury a month into his reign, only got back a couple of weeks ago. He entered at number 10, which wasn't very surprising. What WAS surprising, was seeing him be eliminated only 7 or so minutes later, in a pretty non interesting way by Bray Wyatt (a heel who had been dominating the match for the most part up until then. Then WWE trolls us by having Goldust enter only a few seconds later (the words "shattered dreams" are the first thing you see in Goldust's entrance video :p).
Not much happens until Roman Reigns enters at 19. Other than Rusev, Reigns and Bray Wyatt, both heels, none of the main event guys were in the ring yet. So in the coming entrants, guys like Dean Ambrose, Ryback, Kane, Big Show, and a couple of lesser guys like Bad News Barrett and Cesaro came in. Ambrose, Ziggler, Ryback, Wyatt are all fan favourites. Ziggler came in at 30 and was in for 2 minutes before being punched by Big Show, then gently tossed over the top by Show and Kane. The same thing happened to Ambrose. Same thing happened to Ryback. Same thing happened to Wyatt. It was terrible.
Final 4 was Show, Kane, Rusev and Reigns. Rusev was on the outside, Show and Kane tried to eliminate Reigns. Eventually fought each other, both got eliminated by Reigns. The Rock then came in to help Reigns after Show and Kane tried to attack him again. Then, Rusev, the American hating Russian character, got massive cheers against Reigns, the babyface. But then got eliminated in about 30 seconds.

A lot of people don't think Reigns is ready to be the main guy, mostly due to his limited moveset and not very good promo work. But WWE have been on a "shove this guy in the face of everyone" campaign with Reigns. So everyone expected it, but in a "surely they wont * up that badly?" kind of way.
They did.

WELL, I'll start from the start. Or at least the title match, which might as well have been the start.
Lesnar beat Cena and Seth Rollins in an awesome triple threat match. The awesomeness was so high that I was exhausted from watching it. This set the tone for what everyone hoped would be an awesome Rumble match.

Going into it, Daniel Bryan was the great white hope for many. Won the title at Wrestlemania last year, got a severe neck injury a month into his reign, only got back a couple of weeks ago. He entered at number 10, which wasn't very surprising. What WAS surprising, was seeing him be eliminated only 7 or so minutes later, in a pretty non interesting way by Bray Wyatt (a heel who had been dominating the match for the most part up until then. Then WWE trolls us by having Goldust enter only a few seconds later (the words "shattered dreams" are the first thing you see in Goldust's entrance video :p).
Not much happens until Roman Reigns enters at 19. Other than Rusev, Reigns and Bray Wyatt, both heels, none of the main event guys were in the ring yet. So in the coming entrants, guys like Dean Ambrose, Ryback, Kane, Big Show, and a couple of lesser guys like Bad News Barrett and Cesaro came in. Ambrose, Ziggler, Ryback, Wyatt are all fan favourites. Ziggler came in at 30 and was in for 2 minutes before being punched by Big Show, then gently tossed over the top by Show and Kane. The same thing happened to Ambrose. Same thing happened to Ryback. Same thing happened to Wyatt. It was terrible.
Final 4 was Show, Kane, Rusev and Reigns. Rusev was on the outside, Show and Kane tried to eliminate Reigns. Eventually fought each other, both got eliminated by Reigns. The Rock then came in to help Reigns after Show and Kane tried to attack him again. Then, Rusev, the American hating Russian character, got massive cheers against Reigns, the babyface. But then got eliminated in about 30 seconds.

A lot of people don't think Reigns is ready to be the main guy, mostly due to his limited moveset and not very good promo work. But WWE have been on a "shove this guy in the face of everyone" campaign with Reigns. So everyone expected it, but in a "surely they wont **** up that badly?" kind of way.
They did.
TL;DR

A lot of people don't think Reigns is ready to be the main guy, mostly due to his limited moveset and not very good promo work. But WWE have been on a "shove this guy in the face of everyone" campaign with Reigns. So everyone expected it, but in a "surely they wont **** up that badly?" kind of way.
They did.

I swear you were speaking russian for most of that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

most awkward RR win, that I have ever seen
More awkward than the Batista/Cena botch of 05 resulting in Vince storming to the ring, tearing both his quads, then sitting in the ring arguing with the refs and Batista/Cena?

I think not :p

More awkward than the Batista/Cena botch of 05 resulting in Vince storming to the ring, tearing both his quads, then sitting in the ring arguing with the refs and Batista/Cena?

I think not :p
oh its close, finishing almost 20 minutes early as well

wasn't happy about that

Wait, what? Vid??
Sorry for potato vision. Start at 4:00

That wasn't supposed to happen. Batista was supposed to win clean, but he brought Cena up with too much force on the Batista Bomb, throwing him back. By pure and crazy accurate chance, they hit the floor at the same time.
Enter VinceSoMad.gif. The rest is just pure improvisation.

That wasn't supposed to happen. Batista was supposed to win clean, but he brought Cena up with too much force on the Batista Bomb, throwing him back. By pure and crazy accurate chance, they hit the floor at the same time.

Hahahaha that's gold. They totally could have recovered that but it turned into a total mess. How's Vince ******* his quads? hahaha

AAAAAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH oh man that's just brilliant, storms down and ends up sitting there, you can just see him wondering, "oh s**t!" hahahahahahah how did he think he would leap into the ring when he can't even bend his fricken knees hahaha :cry: hahahahaha

thanks Igloo.
74331_39b229f66330b95376180658b8652922.jpg

Hahahaha that's gold. They totally could have recovered that but it turned into a total mess. How's Vince ******* his quads? hahaha
Vince tearing both his quads just adds so much.

The refs were the saviors in it all, acting as quick as they did, raising each arm. The "oh s**t" look on everyone's faces is pure gold.

So BigFooty crashes if you've got Adblock enabled.

******* lol.

Hahahaha
totally forgot about that

Me and my adblock disagree with you :p
Must you taunt me :p

It just crashes to that cockamamie 'Aw snap' screen unless I disable Adblock. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back